Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

Well they do say they will send out invites after 29th. Not sure though, it's very random right now for them. Hold on and keep refreshing. Any other apps in the pipeline?

Yeah, a few are there. Interviewing with Kelley coming Monday, have really high hopes from KF and Emory as well. It will be heart breaking if it doesn't at least convert to Interview. Lets keep the discussion alive and share the experience, that's how we will kill the time till its all over.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
jugglerG2 wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:
Just received an interview invite via email.

Hi TheFloridian,

Did you also get a mail stating "You are amongst a select group of candidates being offered this early opportunity." as few others who posted above or your invite falls out of early ones. I'm asking this just to understand whether regular invites have started flowing in or not.

Interested to find this out as well. Are the only interview invites that have been sent out yet due to (presumably) high GMAT scores?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Good Luck Juggler! We have three schools in common and your amazing GMAT in "uncommon" stuff. Emory, KF and Kelley all love high gmat's and Kelley has already shown that they like you.. :) :) :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Ralphcuisak wrote:
Good Luck Juggler! We have three schools in common and your amazing GMAT in "uncommon" stuff. Emory, KF and Kelley all love high gmat's and Kelley has already shown that they like you.. :) :) :)

Thanks Ralphcuisak, hope to make the cut. Lets hope our paths cross somewhere down the line :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
Send PM
Does anyone know when the more "typical" interview invites start to roll out?

I was debating scheduling an interview during the open season, but I'd prefer to get an invite so that I know they are interested before scheduling a trip (will be traveling cross country). Anyone else in the same boat?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

Well they do say they will send out invites after 29th. Not sure though, it's very random right now for them. Hold on and keep refreshing. Any other apps in the pipeline?

Yeah, a few are there. Interviewing with Kelley coming Monday, have really high hopes from KF and Emory as well. It will be heart breaking if it doesn't at least convert to Interview. Lets keep the discussion alive and share the experience, that's how we will kill the time till its all over.

Awesome man! All the best for Kelley! I am waiting for Emory as well, I think that should start coming out next week, hopefully. My complete focus is on the Fuqua result on 26th right now. If that happens, I am DONE!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
RErules2016 wrote:

I was debating scheduling an interview during the open season, but I'd prefer to get an invite so that I know they are interested before scheduling a trip (will be traveling cross country). Anyone else in the same boat?

Not completely sure, but possibly around 29th, when the open interview season ends.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Guys had a small query.

I submitted my Application just now. I had previously received a mail from UNC for application fee waiver. Now after submitting , the application portal shows payment status as not paid and payment type as check. Can anyone please confirm that this status will be updated to fee paid after the Adcom goes through my submitted application. Anyone who faced a similar situation? Any help will be really appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

Awesome man! All the best for Kelley! I am waiting for Emory as well, I think that should start coming out next week, hopefully. My complete focus is on the Fuqua result on 26th right now. If that happens, I am DONE!

All the best for Fuqua buddy.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sourabhsur123 wrote:
Guys had a small query.

I submitted my Application just now. I had previously received a mail from UNC for application fee waiver. Now after submitting , the application portal shows payment status as not paid and payment type as check. Can anyone please confirm that this status will be updated to fee paid after the Adcom goes through my submitted application. Anyone who faced a similar situation? Any help will be really appreciated!

That should get resolved by itself. They will manually go and process it. As long as you have proof of the fee waiver, you should be ok.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I just got an interview invite saying I have until Nov 30 to interview on campus. I will submit application later today. Goodluck to everyone.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Received the invite today and scheduled the Web cam interview on the 6th of November.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sourabhsur123 wrote:
Guys had a small query.

There is nothing to worry about. I also had the same question after submitting my applicaiton. It will change after sometime.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
RErules2016 wrote:

There are always two sides of the coin:

1. If you go an interview in the Open season and impress them, then you might get an edge because of a) your dedication and commitment that you travelled all the way and b) your impression maaayyy sideline your weaknesses in the application (if any)
2. If you wait for the invite, then you are sure that they want to meet you.

Till the last year, KF used to interview all applicants. So I think they would try to interview most if not all this year too. (just a speculation)

All the best to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:
Guys had a small query.

That should get resolved by itself. They will manually go and process it. As long as you have proof of the fee waiver, you should be ok.

Thanks a lot Anupam and Ankur for the info.. really appreciate! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new here but trying to understand something - I am sure this might be repetitive and I apologize for it.

I got an interview invite from KF even though I have not yet submitted my application . It said you are among a select few individuals to get so.

Need to understand is this usual? On what basis did they call me ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
adityapuri wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new here but trying to understand something - I am sure this might be repetitive and I apologize for it.

I got an interview invite from KF even though I have not yet submitted my application . It said you are among a select few individuals to get so.

Need to understand is this usual? On what basis did they call me ?

Hi adityapuri,

You are one of the lucky few who have got interview invite before even the usual invites start flowing. Make good use of this opportunity, hit the bulls eye.

Check few posts above, there are few others as well who have received early invites. Not me though... :roll:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts