Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Ivey Business School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!! [#permalink]
striker11 wrote:
I applied in Round 2 and received the interview invite today. Really excited as well as nervous for the interview. Who else got an interview invite for R2 admissions?

all the best mate
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi everyone, got a mail around 12 hrs back that I have been selected.. All the best to others waiting for the results.. can't wait to be a part of the HEC family
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats Avinash !!
I am still waiting to hear from admission team...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
From the last conversation I had with them, they'll let everyone know the result latest by 2 pm CET today. A couple of hours more and you'll be celebrating :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Did anyone recieve any update??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
nm01 wrote:
Did anyone recieve any update??

It's a little after 2pm CET and I haven't heard anything. I had my second interview on 9/18 and I believe both of my interviewers submitted their report before the deadline. Hoping to hear something within the next few hours.

Edit: About an hour after posting that I got my acceptance email. Just booked my flight to Paris next week for the HEC open day. Hopefully after visiting the school and attending some classes (and hearing back about merit scholarships) I'll have a better idea of whether I truly want to attend. The deposit deadline seems pretty early and is before I'll hear back from a lot of schools so I want to make sure I really do my research on HEC.

Congratulations to everyone who has received their acceptance for round 1, and best of luck to everyone in the second round selected for interviews.

Originally posted by Zatopek on 25 Sep 2015, 05:04.
Last edited by Zatopek on 25 Sep 2015, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
I got my acceptance notice two hours ago! Extremely excited to be joining the HEC community in September. Good luck and best wishes to all that are still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mmarty23 wrote:
I got my acceptance notice two hours ago! Extremely excited to be joining the HEC community in September. Good luck and best wishes to all that are still waiting!

congrats mate, looking forward to seeing you there :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.27
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
I am planning to apply for Sept 2016 intake by April next year. Hence I was naturally concerned about the scholarship deadlines and whether all the scholarships might already be taken by then. When I raised this query with the admissions team, I received the reply "There is a scholarship jury for each application deadline so there is no need to worry about them having already been allocated". Could anyone please explain what this means. Does it imply that for every round there will be a scholarship whatever be the level of candidates applying in that round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
I just got back from Paris after attending HEC's open day. The school seemed ok but there were a few aspects of the school I didn't particularly like so I'm ultimately going to withdraw my application.

To all those applying to HEC and American schools: bear in mind that HEC gives you about 3 weeks after their admission decision to accept your spot and pay your deposit (which is a hefty 8k Euros). So basically I could either pay my deposit and withdraw all my other apps before even receiving interview invites or withdraw before hearing back from anywhere else. I suppose I could also pay my deposit and continue pursuing those other schools but in addition to being bad form it's also a really expensive strategy.

Happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the school via PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Hi people,

Anyone here applied/applying for the 15th October deadline? I will be applying by then

Cheers
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
SkinScout wrote:
I am planning to apply for Sept 2016 intake by April next year. Hence I was naturally concerned about the scholarship deadlines and whether all the scholarships might already be taken by then. When I raised this query with the admissions team, I received the reply "There is a scholarship jury for each application deadline so there is no need to worry about them having already been allocated". Could anyone please explain what this means. Does it imply that for every round there will be a scholarship whatever be the level of candidates applying in that round?

Hi

Scholarship decision deadlines depend on the type of scholarship that you have applied for. The details are available here.

https://www.mba.hec.edu/Fees-Funding/Scholarships

If you are talking about the 'HEC Paris MBA Scholarship for Excellence', the decision is made by the Scholarship Jury once every month. As far as the level of candidates is concerned, that is of course taken into consideration by the jury.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

Good to see a lot of activity so early in the initial application rounds. I am a current student at HEC MBA and have been on this forum since 2013. Currently, I am in the final lap of the MBA and will be finishing the course in December 2015. Feel free to ask questions on this thread and I will try my best to address your queries.

If you are preparing for your interview, you can find, on the first page of this thread, links to interview experiences of past candidates. After reading about their experiences, you will get an idea of what to expect during your interview.

If you are already done with the interview round, feel free to share your interview experience in detail as it really helps future candidates who wish to apply to HEC. To make it worth your while, I will add a link to your interview experience on the first page as well. :-D

If you have any personal questions, feel free to PM me.

P.S.: Please don't send messages asking me to evaluate your "chances" of getting an admission call. I hope you understand that profile is just a part of the entire package. The rest depends on your essays, interview, etc etc. Apart from that, HEC does the profile evaluation for free anyways. So just go to the HEC website and do it if you wish to know more about your "chances".

All the best for your applications!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
zat wrote:
Hi Guys,

Good to see a lot of activity so early in the initial application rounds. I am a current student at HEC MBA and have been on this forum since 2013. Currently, I am in the final lap of the MBA and will be finishing the course in December 2015. Feel free to ask questions on this thread and I will try my best to address your queries.

If you are preparing for your interview, you can find, on the first page of this thread, links to interview experiences of past candidates. After reading about their experiences, you will get an idea of what to expect during your interview.

If you are already done with the interview round, feel free to share your interview experience in detail as it really helps future candidates who wish to apply to HEC. To make it worth your while, I will add a link to your interview experience on the first page as well. :-D

P.S.: Please don't send messages asking me to evaluate your "chances" of getting an admission call. I hope you understand that profile is just a part of the entire package. The rest depends on your essays, interview, etc etc. Apart from that, HEC does the profile evaluation for free anyways. So just go to the HEC website and do it if you wish to know more about your "chances".

Thanks zat! Got dinged by HEC last year. So I took the GMAT again and improved my score. I found out that there were some fundamental flaws with my application last year, so I have started afresh this year. Feels good to be back in the race. Surely looking forward to share my experience. Hope I get an interview call this year. Fingers crossed!
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
sirlancelot wrote:
zat wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks zat! Got dinged by HEC last year. So I took the GMAT again and improved my score. I found out that there were some fundamental flaws with my application last year, so I have started afresh this year. Feels good to be back in the race. Surely looking forward to share my experience. Hope I get an interview call this year. Fingers crossed!

Hi sirlancelot,

All the best for the application. Keep us posted.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

The Economist Full Time MBA Rankings 2015 have just been announced yesterday. Even though HEC went down by one position this year to #5, it is still ranked #1 in Europe. You can check out the overall rankings here:
https://www.economist.com/whichmba/full-time-mba-ranking

P.S. You can also check out various B-School rankings by FT here:
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/rankings

You will see that HEC is one of the best schools not just for MBA, but also for Masters in Finance, Masters in Management and other courses.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Send PM
Kudos