Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Alaukik wrote:
westcoastplan wrote:
Alaukik wrote:
davidkim253, I agree with you that only one interview is weird. Reasons - who knows. I know that I met Marisa as well when I visited. So It must be something else.

davidkim253, congrats on getting McCoumbs Interview.

If anyone has taken video Interview, Please share your experience. This link says it will take 10 to 15 mins. So I have to assume, that there will be multiple questions say 4 to 6.

It's two questions, each with a 30 sec prep and a 90 sec answer. Plan to do it Saturday morning and will update after.

Thanks westcoastplan! Then these must be two behavioral Questions only. Tell me what happens. I am planning on Sunday or Monday. This type of interview is pioneered by Rotman and has made way in many schools adm process. No wonder Foster took it up. Prepare some info that is not there in the app as well.

Ciao.

The Foster website provides some insight about the two interviews. https://foster.uw.edu/academics/degree-p ... n-process/

"You may be invited to complete a short video interview while your application is under review. Once invited, candidates are generally given one week to complete the video interview—you will need a computer with internet access, a webcam and a microphone. The video interview allows us to get to know you better, assess your communication skills and assess your ability to think on your feet. Competitive candidates will also be invited to complete an interview with one of our admissions representatives (see below). If invited to complete both, you must do so in order to remain under consideration."

It's pretty clear from that statement that receiving only the video interview is less desirable than receiving both interview invites. For some reason they have viewed your application as less competitive. My interpretation is that they probably have some kind of a reservation about your application. This could be any wide range of things. Possibilites that come to mind are low GPA/GMAT, limited or less relevant work experience, poor essays, unclear or illogical goals, goals are poor fit with Foster, or some combination of those. Overqualification could theoretically be a possibility too. It might also mean that your specific demographic was particularly competitive in this round and while you are well qualified you were slightly less so than your overrepresented demographic and they want to see how other applications shake out.

All that being said, if last year counts for anything those with just video invites are definitely not out of the running! Last year that were reports of people initially getting just the video interview, then later being invited for the admission interview and getting admitted. I also saw examples of people getting just video, then waitlist, and later getting admissions interview and ultimately admitted.

These are all just my opinions/guesses based on very limited information, but it's where my thought process takes me. I'll be doing my video this weekend probably and admission interview in a couple weeks. Best of luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
are there only 3 practice questions available?

1. Superhero power
2. Best Movie or Book this past year
3. What would you cook for your friends for a dinner party

If anyone has encountered other questions, please post them because I just seem to keep getting these questions in a loop.

Also, if someone has already completed the actual interview, kindly take us through your experience. I plan to give mine on the 2nd or 3rd.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [5]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
natarajansrikrishnan wrote:
are there only 3 practice questions available?

1. Superhero power
2. Best Movie or Book this past year
3. What would you cook for your friends for a dinner party

If anyone has encountered other questions, please post them because I just seem to keep getting these questions in a loop.

Also, if someone has already completed the actual interview, kindly take us through your experience. I plan to give mine on the 2nd or 3rd.

For practice I had another question: If you receive a large sum of money, how would you spend it and why?

I completed the actual interview, and my two questions were:
- Who is your role model and why?
- Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.

The process was exactly the same as the practice; took a few seconds to load the interview questions which were videos recorded by Sarah, followed by 30 sec prep and 90 sec recording. Took a few minutes for the video to be uploaded after each question. After you finish the first question, the second question doesn't start until you click on it, so you can take a bit of a break to readjust yourself if you want.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

So I'm guessing both questions are generic personal stuff and school related. Hopefully, this trend is maintained as others also complete their video interviews.

All the best to everyone else! please share your interview experiences :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Just recorded my video interview questions. Definitely felt a bit rattled so hopefully I kill it during the skype interview. Wish they gave longer than 30 seconds to prep but understand why.

The two questions I got were:
1) Three adjectives that describe you and why
2) Describe a time you had to give difficult feedback

I definitely fumbled a bit but hoping I came off clear and personable. Good luck to everyone else!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any further updates regarding the video interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Yes..Next update should be your's. When are you submitting the video interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
haha! I will be submitting mine on the 3rd. Traveling right now so don't really have a stable net connection.

Will share mine as soon as I'm done with it :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Was just kidding bro :lol: ... I've been lurking the gmatclub whole day on this lousy weekend. Well, will share mine positively probably tomorrow. Good Luck to all!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cheers bro! Good luck :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Just finished the video interview. I've posted the questions below, seems there's more variety with the interview questions than the practice questions. Was a bit nervous, though I don't think it was too tough.

Questions:
1. Tell us about an important piece of advice you have received and how it has helped you.
2. Tell us about the last time you led a project. What was the outcome?

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was invited both to the in person, as well as the online. I'm interviewing in Seattle on the 13th. I Just finished my video interview - wasn't too bad, but definitely more behavioral than the practice questions would lead you to believe.

1) "What is your ideal work environment?"
2) "Tell me about a time that you encountered a stressful situation. What did you do to handle it and why?"

2nd one is paraphrased. I can't remember the exact wording, but you get the idea.

Good luck everybody - I appreciated your posts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
i will complete mine tomorrow, will post as soon as i complete it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
i will complete mine tomorrow, will post as soon as i complete it. 8-) 8-)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just a reminder: Tomorrow we have a chat with Foster Admission director. If anyone has doubts over video interviews or other parts of the application, it is good opportunity to get them clarified from Adcoms. So save the date and be in the chat room tomorrow.

Date: November 03, 2015.
Time: 8 AM Pacific Time

GMAT Club Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

On a separate note, if anyone applying in R2 to UW and has interest in leading this thread, please PM me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted. I'll be doing mine tomorrow and will post results. Seems straightforward enough, just hoping thirty seconds is enough to prepare answer for whatever may come my way!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi Everybody. The invite said the deadline is 4th Nov, 2015. That must mean 4th Nov, end of day right ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts