Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [4]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Owen '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Owen sets NEW SALARY RECORDS! [#permalink]
Yes that's very helpful! I specifically was wondering if product management was among the positions, and so it seems it is a possibility.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unrelated question: given that your name is drivechipputt.... were you a member of the golf club at Vanderbilt?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
drivechipputt wrote:
I'm sure many of you have seen that the MBA market is strong right now, and Owen isn't only riding the wave of successes, but racing right past it! Salaries at Owen have risen over 7% in the past year, outpacing many of our peers in the top tier of business schools. Not only that, 100% of students were placed in internships, and 93% of students had offers within 3 months of graduation (I personally knew several seeking "just in time" offers who actively chose not to begin searching until graduation).

Just a few fun notes from the employment report:
-26% of the class went into consulting (hiring firms included BCG, Bain, Big 4 [Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PWC], ZS Assoc., ECG Health Care, and others)
-Median starting salary was $135,000 (for reference, $140,000 is median base for consulting and private equity at Booth)
-Median starting salary for i-banking MATCHED Booth ($125,000)
-Tech jobs have boomed, with interns and graduates at: Google, Uber, Microsoft, Amazon, Intel, HP, and more)
-Students placed into 28 major metro areas

I know that I'm glad I snuck into Owen while I could, and am proud to see what my classmates are accomplishing in their professional careers! I would encourage you to take a look at the employment report for your self, which can be found through the Career Management Center's site:
https://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/employer ... report.cfm
For Booth data, here is the link from P&Q:
https://poetsandquants.com/2015/09/28/mb ... ago-booth/

Hi drivechipputt, you mentioned that you knew people looking for jobs at the end of the program and were looking for "just in time" offers. What is the reason that someone would want to wait so late? Is there any sort of benefit out of waiting besides more classes under their belts?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
@bradical213- i do love to hit the inks every once in a while, and fortunately we had a great Golf Club at Owen. Dues were like $30 and i feel like we got a couple hundred worth of value. Plus, there's a solid public course within 5-10 minutes of campus that only cost $13. I'm glad that I was able to lower my handicap by the time school ended!

Good question re: JIT offers. Of course, everyone's motivation is different, and if you are someone who is coming to Owen with a general idea of what you want to do, you'll be golden. Many of us recruit for multiple functions (health care is especially like this, since you can choose from consulting, marketing, administration, etc.), and honestly, you'll get the offer for where you best fit in. Several of my classmates were uncertain of where they would be geographically for personal reasons (a great example being someone who had an offer to return to her internship but needed to move to Atlanta, and now works for Coca Cola). Finally, a lot of tech jobs don't open up until really late (a classmate of mine just began her first day at HP yesterday!) so you have to gamble a bit if there's a specific firm you're interested in.

Hope that helps!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Owen Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Owen Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Owen Forum for all fresh things related to the Owen MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts