Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Callig all Hough(Florida) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Any GMAT study groups in the Gainesville area? Taking test mid-October.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Callig all Hough(Florida) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Quite quiet this page is! :)
Still, can anyone share questions asked in an online interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I applied early on for Round 1. Took awhile for them to process the supplementary stuff, but nonetheless it's in there. I just wanted to give my thoughts on my experience with the interview for those who want to know what to expect.

First I'll say, try to do an in-person interview. I did mine via Skype because I live so far away, and I will say, it was NOT a good experience. I interviewed with Jason in Career Services. His questions were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why you want an MBA?
3. What companies do you want to target?
4. Where do you want to live?
5. What salary are you looking for?
6. Do you have any questions?

Interview lasted 25 minutes and he largely seemed disinterested in what I was saying. I certainly took it like my other two B-School interviews, but his demeanor and the way he responded to my answers kept me on tilt. It almost seemed like he didn't care about the MBA program he represented and was only concerned with my immediate plans after graduating.

Personally, if I were someone who was vetting a school based on how they conduct interviews, this was a huge turn off. It does complete injustice to why an MBA is valuable and discredits the educational aspect of it. To me it seemed the interviewer was more concerned with a job placement statistic. While I understand he's looking for people who have a direction, expecting someone to know what companies they want to work for even before they start classes is very far-fetched and quite honestly makes the program seem like it's a headhunting firm that does not care.

Just a heads up to those who have yet to do an interview for Florida, I recommend in person, as Skype can certainly detract. Also, be prepared to have specifics for your short term goals, companies you want to work for, and...well, where you want to live apparently.

Obviously this was just one interview out of many, and everyone has an off day sometimes, but I wanted to let others know about how structured and specific the questions were. I'm not trying to bash the Hough program, but it started off on the wrong foot for me. I hope others have better experiences.

Originally posted by Tucker08 on 13 Nov 2015, 14:01.
Last edited by Tucker08 on 14 Nov 2015, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [2]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Tucker08 wrote:
I applied early on for Round 1. Took awhile for them to process the supplementary stuff, but nonetheless it's in there. I just wanted to give my thoughts on my experience with the interview for those who want to know what to expect.

First I'll say, try to do an in-person interview. I did mine via Skype because I live so far away, and I will say, it was NOT a good experience. I interviewed with Jason Career Services. His questions were:

2. Why you want an MBA?

Interview lasted 25 minutes and he largely seemed disinterested in what I was saying. I certainly took it like my other two B-School interviews, but his demeanor and the way he responded to my answers kept me on tilt. It almost seemed like he didn't care about the MBA program he represented and was only concerned with my immediate plans after graduating.

Personally, if I were someone who was vetting a school based on how they conduct interviews, this was a huge turn off. It does complete injustice to why an MBA is valuable and discredits the educational aspect of it. To me it seemed the interviewer was more concerned with a job placement statistic. While I understand he's looking for people who have a direction, expecting someone to know what companies they want to work for even before they start classes is very far-fetched and quite honestly makes the program seem like it's a headhunting firm that does not care.

Just a heads up to those who have yet to do an interview for Florida, I recommend in person, as Skype can certainly detract. Also, be prepared to have specifics for your short term goals, companies you want to work for, and...well, where you want to live apparently.

Obviously this was just one interview out of many, and everyone has an off day sometimes, but I wanted to let others know about how structured and specific the questions were. I'm not trying to bash the Hough program, but it started off on the wrong foot for me. I hope others have better experiences.

I had exactly the same experience! :cry:
Mine was a Skype interview with a Admission Director that last for about 14 minutes sharp. Exactly the same questions as yours. In the end she told me that within the next few days I will have another one with a Career Services coach. Haven't yet got an invite for the 2nd one.

Overall, I was quite put off with the way she conducted mine. It was as if she was more interested in asking questions than eagerly listening to me. Her questions only focussed on "JOB, JOB, JOB". Towards the 2nd half, she told me "since you are an international student, getting a job is obviously a challenge for the school hence we have to make sure you are a right fit". WHAAAA!!! :shock: I don't remember other schools, that I applied to, to be saying so, EVER! Of course no one can guarantee jobs for international students, but you can't also call yourself a diverse school, not give them jobs, and expect good ranking in international diversity year after year.

On a second thought, I feel bad that I even applied to this school. I spoke to so many alumni (current and past) and none were so pessimistic about the chances of getting a job post-MBA. I feel cheated with all their advice now.

P.S.: I am looking to apply to some more schools in Round 2 now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
Tucker08 wrote:

First I'll say, try to do an in-person interview. I did mine via Skype because I live so far away, and I will say, it was NOT a good experience. I interviewed with Jason in Career Services. His questions were:

2. Why you want an MBA?

I had a very similar experience interviewing with the same rep from Career Services. It felt like an interview with a head hunter. At the time it was my first MBA admissions interview so I wasn't sure what to expect but now that I've interviewed with Emory, Maryland and Notre Dame I realize that it's probably a sign that the fit just isn't right.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Patronus wrote:
Tucker08 wrote:

First I'll say, try to do an in-person interview. I did mine via Skype because I live so far away, and I will say, it was NOT a good experience. I interviewed with Jason Career Services. His questions were:

2. Why you want an MBA?

I had exactly the same experience! :cry:
Mine was a Skype interview with a Admission Director that last for about 14 minutes sharp. Exactly the same questions as yours. In the end she told me that within the next few days I will have another one with a Career Services coach. Haven't yet got an invite for the 2nd one.

Overall, I was quite put off with the way she conducted mine. It was as if she was more interested in asking questions than eagerly listening to me. Her questions only focussed on "JOB, JOB, JOB". Towards the 2nd half, she told me "since you are an international student, getting a job is obviously a challenge for the school hence we have to make sure you are a right fit". WHAAAA!!! :shock: I don't remember other schools, that I applied to, to be saying so, EVER! Of course no one can guarantee jobs for international students, but you can't also call yourself a diverse school, not give them jobs, and expect good ranking in international diversity year after year.

On a second thought, I feel bad that I even applied to this school. I spoke to so many alumni (current and past) and none were so pessimistic about the chances of getting a job post-MBA. I feel cheated with all their advice now.

P.S.: I am looking to apply to some more schools in Round 2 now!

I'm glad I'm not the only with that experience! I got their tentative decision today, waitlisted until February 1st after they find out enrollment. That was a quick decision after one week. So my guess is, quick interview - quick decision.

They claimed their average GMAT was 690 and a GPA of 3.5. They are boasting about an average? Everyone knows the Median is what counts. It's just not a fit for me. I'm glad I found it out through the process and not after the fact.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread. But I am planning to apply to Hough MBA this year but kind of confused with the job scenario. The college is giving good scholarships but how is the reputation and job prospects? Can anyone help me out with this?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Warrington Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Warrington Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Warrington Forum for all fresh things related to the Warrington MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts