Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Invited to interview - 22 Nov 12:15PM, Delhi
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [3]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
We had done a series of Interview advice last year. I thought I will post it here for all of yours benefit:

Q: Tell me about yourself:

This is going to be your opening question at the ISB interview, much like any other interview. Use it to set the context. This is not meant for you to speak out your resume bullet points one after the other. Instead, tell the panel your story – why did you take up a particular project? Why did you switch jobs?

However, keep track of the time. This is your elevator pitch and the answer should not be more than 2-3 minutes long. You can talk about your academics, professional life and/or hobbies, interests etc. – elements that tie in well with your story. The next set of questions can be based on what you tell the panel in this answer, so be wise about what you say here.

 Tell me about yourself: this is where you set the context
 Focus on stitching a story
– Stress on the ‘Why’ and not just on the ‘What’
– Make it interesting, don’t just list facts (i.e. resume bullet points) instead spend time on the transition from one fact to another
 Don’t loose track of time
– Its an elevator pitch, don’t make it last longer than 2-3 minutes

– Always prepare 3 versions
» Quick Intro : Not longer than a minute
» The standard answer : 2-3 minutes long (usually the most frequent one)
» Tiered version : Start with Quick intro and then then if asked elaborate on the key points
Current Student
Send PM
charu1990 wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Got an interview invite for Delhi 21-nov ; 5 pm. Anyone in the slot?

Same Slot :panel

Good to see im not alone coz 5 pm is nearly end of the day...

Btw thnx everyone who helped me at this forum...

All the best guys...
Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone else got a link to submit the docs on the ISB portal? Beneath my shortlist info on the portal, there's a link for uploading docs. But ive already submitted all docs and also received verification e-mail.

Plz explain.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
abhiwad wrote:
Can someone highlight what is the normal routine in the ISB interviews. Also, can someone please confirm what is the expectation regarding the one word essay. It would help me to not be surprised during the session.

On the interview day, you need to reach the venue at the designated time, then you would be given a piece of paper to write the one word essay and after that your interview will take place.

You can read more about the interview and the one ward essay in the ISB Preparation Kit.
You can find the link in my signature.

All the best!
Do let me know if you need some help.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
smriti15salhotra wrote:
Hi

Got interview call for 21st Nov..2:45PM.. Anyone in the same slot?

Got an invite today itself. My interview is scheduled on 21st of Nov at 2 PM. What is your interview location?

I think I do not need to respond to your PM now ;)
All the best!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
AA2014 wrote:
Has anyone else got a link to submit the docs on the ISB portal? Beneath my shortlist info on the portal, there's a link for uploading docs. But ive already submitted all docs and also received verification e-mail.

Plz explain.

Go ahead and submit them again. I don't think there is any harm in doing this :)
All the best!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
123gmat wrote:
Hi,

I was really hoping for ISB's interview invite . I have not received any call yet. Does anyone knows till when can we expect Delhi Location calls? :(

Hey ... as per the calls listed here, the interviews are on the 21st and 22nd. So you still have some time to receive the invite.
And there is always a possibility that you may be invited somewhere else if the location that you have chosen is running on full capacity.

All the best!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
ashgirl wrote:
Any news from mumbai?

From what I have collected from the forum here, Mumbai interviews are scheduled on the 28th 29th weekend, so you might have to wait till the next week to receive the invite.
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhiwad wrote:
Can someone highlight what is the normal routine in the ISB interviews. Also, can someone please confirm what is the expectation regarding the one word essay. It would help me to not be surprised during the session.

Thanks Ankur for including this in the preparation kit. For others who haven't read it yet, here is some gyan from last year on the one-word write-up.

Worried about the 'one-word' essay before the ISB interview?
It indeed seems difficult when you are given to write about a random word, but think about it as a game where you have to match the given word with as many different things as you can. Then start building on it.

Take Apathy for example. Connect Apathy to everything around you can, right from the apathy that is shown by parents these days to the emotional needs of their children to the apathetic nature of the management in schools and colleges towards the holistic development of students. The apathy that the common man faces from the government it voted for with very high hopes. The apathy that the doctors show when they ask you to first fill in the hospital registration form before they attend to you. Our own apathetic nature to all these anomalies around us and the 'chalta hai' attitude.
Elaborate on these and there will be so much to write that you can go on and on.

The exercise is just to test your basic language skills and to ensure that your language isn't too different from what appears in your essays. So do not worry too much about the content, as long as you are able to write it well in decent English.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'

Apply now for a 100% waiver on any of the ISBmantra services [exclusively for GMATClub members]:
https://www.isbmantra.com/gmatclub-free-consulting

Now sign up for our Interview Services even before you have an interview call and get all your fees back in case you end up not getting a call!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
abhiwad wrote:
Also, can someone please confirm what is the expectation regarding the one word essay. It would help me to not be surprised during the session.

Indeed we are receiving a lot of queries about how one needs to prepare for the one word essay.

There really is no "preparation" required. However, almost all aspirants who've reached the interview stage have a decent GMAT score and AWA. So, there really is no reason to be jittery about this one-word essay. Give you honest shot at the essay and that's pretty much it!

If it helps to calm nerves, there are at least two people we are aware of, who actually forgot to hand over their essays to the interview panel. These people still got through ISB (though we are not recommending any such act of omission on your part :wink: ).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
ConncarERA wrote:
Well, TBH, i felt confident after my interview but now that I start thinking of the answers I gave, I keep wondering if they were satisfied or not with my answers.

Yes, that is so typical! The feeling immediately after the interview is that of relief and confidence, but then the questions start rankling in mind and you start to wonder...oh man...was that the best response I could have come up with :cry:

All this is normal. Time to keep fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
ConncarERA wrote:
Well, TBH, i felt confident after my interview but now that I start thinking of the answers I gave, I keep wondering if they were satisfied or not with my answers.

Yes, that is so typical! The feeling immediately after the interview is that of relief and confidence, but then the questions start rankling in mind and you start to wonder...oh man...was that the best response I could have come up with :cry:

All this is normal. Time to keep fingers crossed.

Hi guys,

Many shortlisted candidates are saying that their application portal is displaying " Shortlisted "along with the interview dates. My app status still says "app submitted" along with the direction " you will receive invite 5 days before.... blah blah ". For the people who didn't get the interview e mails...is your app stating the same status as mine ??
Retired Moderator
Send PM
mango1banana wrote:

Hi guys,

Many shortlisted candidates are saying that their application portal is displaying " Shortlisted "along with the interview dates. My app status still says "app submitted" along with the direction " you will receive invite 5 days before.... blah blah ". For the people who didn't get the interview e mails...is your app stating the same status as mine ??

Yes, that is the case. The status will remain the same until you get the interview invite.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
I have chosen delhi as my interview centre..but didn't receive any call yet..is there any hope to get one??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [4]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos