Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [5]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I am applying for round 2.
Submitting only the app with the recommender name would do or the reco also should be completed within the deadline ?
Pls clarify because i heard that submitting the app would be enough and ASU will give one more week for the recommenders to complete their reco.

Regards,
Siva
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
siva101424 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am applying for round 2.
Submitting only the app with the recommender name would do or the reco also should be completed within the deadline ?
Pls clarify because i heard that submitting the app would be enough and ASU will give one more week for the recommenders to complete their reco.

Regards,
Siva

Yes siva101424, I think you would get some time after the deadline for the recommendations to come in. However, I'd suggest you check with the adcom to be on the safer side. Just let them know that your recommendations are on their way.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks saagar7.... i will do that
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.27
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi guys ....

I have a few question regarding the ASU application procedure.
1) I've submitted my Section 1 and Section 2 of the application along with the application fees today. How many days will it take for me to receive my ASURITE login details?
2) In a hurry i have mis-filled the salary details. Can i correct them later? Is it important as a part of my candidature?
3) How much time does it take for recommenders to receive the mail from the college?
4) Are the questions for the recommnedation common to everyone? If yes, can some of you please share them?
5) Will it work if the recommenders are a couple of days late in replying back to the college. i.e. any date around 3rd or 4th dec ?

Thanks in advance!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Hi Everybody,

I am an Indian applicant looking to apply during Round 2 (Feb deadline). I had couple of questions.
Can you anybody be kind enough to let me know the answers to my queries?

Is TOEFL a mandatory exam considering that my under graduation education was in English medium. Is there an exemption possible?

Also, as of now I just have taken the GMAT and will be starting with the application now.
If it is mandatory to take TOEFL exam, then is it necessary to submit the TOEFL scores when we are submitting the application?

Also, can somebody evaluate my chances for WP Carey?

Profile - Indian, Male, IT background
Experience - 8.5 years of experience
Current Employer - Top MNC firm figuring in the fortune 100 companies.
GMAT Score - 680 (Q48, V35, IR3). AWA scores AWAITED
Decent academics - 10th(74.2%), 12(88%), Btech - (68.4%)

Vijay
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I am an Indian applicant looking to apply during Round 2 (Feb deadline). I had couple of questions.
Can you anybody be kind enough to let me know the answers to my queries?

Is TOEFL a mandatory exam considering that my under graduation education was in English medium. Is there an exemption possible?

Also, as of now I just have taken the GMAT and will be starting with the application now.
If it is mandatory to take TOEFL exam, then is it necessary to submit the TOEFL scores when we are submitting the application?

Also, can somebody evaluate my chances for WP Carey?

Profile - Indian, Male, IT background
Experience - 8.5 years of experience
Current Employer - Top MNC firm figuring in the fortune 100 companies.
GMAT Score - 680 (Q48, V35, IR3). AWA scores AWAITED
Decent academics - 10th(74.2%), 12(88%), Btech - (68.4%)

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

According to https://students.asu.edu/graduate/proficiency , it is mandatory for international students to take the TOEFL. As far as I remember, Toefl and GMAT should ideally reach the school by the deadline, recommendations are the only exception here, though you would be better off getting it from the horse's mouth by contacting the school given that you have ample time.
Also, please utilize the profile evaluation thread to get an idea of your candidacy. You would get a more accurate idea with professional consultants giving thier opinion on your profile. I hope this helps.
:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
deeepuuu wrote:
Hi guys ....

I have a few question regarding the ASU application procedure.
1) I've submitted my Section 1 and Section 2 of the application along with the application fees today. How many days will it take for me to receive my ASURITE login details?
You should get it within 2-3 days max.
2) In a hurry i have mis-filled the salary details. Can i correct them later? Is it important as a part of my candidature?
I don't think the application in the portal can be modified later. The school asked for it so i assume it must be something they consider worth knowing so you should probably drop them an email update elaborating a good reason for the error. Being veterans in knowing that all applicants have a caseo f nerves in this season leading to some errors,they would understand i am sure.
3) How much time does it take for recommenders to receive the mail from the college?
Mine got them within 12 hours
4) Are the questions for the recommnedation common to everyone? If yes, can some of you please share them?
They are common to the recommenders. I'm araid i don't know the exact questions.
5) Will it work if the recommenders are a couple of days late in replying back to the college. i.e. any date around 3rd or 4th dec ?
Ideally, a week is acceptable in delay. Though, confirming it from the school would be the best course of action.

Thanks in advance!!
No problem. Good luck man!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys !!! submitted my app yesterday (29th)

But in ASURITE home page, GMAT, TOEFL are in Pending list.
GMAT - I have sent the score and received confirmation on Nov-11 from GMAC of score report fulfillment.
Toefl - I received my score on 25-Nov and I have added ASU as one of the 4 universities before writing Toefl itself.
This score would have automatically received by the university by now right ? Why still it is pending ?

Or will Carey take some time to update our information ? Because, if it is not getting updated today, my app will be considered for next round only.
Give you opinion please.

Regards,
Siva
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
siva101424 wrote:

GMAT - I have sent the score and received confirmation on Nov-11 from GMAC of score report fulfillment.
Toefl - I received my score on 25-Nov and I have added ASU as one of the 4 universities before writing Toefl itself.
This score would have automatically received by the university by now right ? Why still it is pending ?

Or will Carey take some time to update our information ? Because, if it is not getting updated today, my app will be considered for next round only.
Give you opinion please.

Regards,
Siva

Hi siva101424,

Congratulations on submitting your application to ASU. Since you have just submitted your application yesterday, I would suggest you give it a couple of days time for the status to reflect in the system. Also, the TOEFL score reports would take 7-10 working days to reach the university.

Regarding consideration of your application, the adcom will be best source to check from. Write to them and I'm sure they'll answer your queries.

Best of luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
saagar7 wrote:
siva101424 wrote:

Give you opinion please.

Regards,
Siva

Hi siva101424,

Congratulations on submitting your application to ASU. Since you have just submitted your application yesterday, I would suggest you give it a couple of days time for the status to reflect in the system. Also, the TOEFL score reports would take 7-10 working days to reach the university.

Regarding consideration of your application, the adcom will be best source to check from. Write to them and I'm sure they'll answer your queries.

Best of luck!

siva101424 , This was something I and another round 1 applicant faced as well. It will get updated in 3-4 days for sure as it did for us, though making sure you have written proof of mailing the adcom about this in time would be the best option here for peace of mind i feel as saagar7 said. Hope this helps and Good luck!
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Hello guys,i have reported my TOEFL score to ASU but still in my account,under Priority task section ,it shows that i need to provide documentation showing i meet English proficiency standards...where is the problem ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
devvratk wrote:
Hello guys,i have reported my TOEFL score to ASU but still in my account,under Priority task section ,it shows that i need to provide documentation showing i meet English proficiency standards...where is the problem ?

devvratk , please read the posts above yours where this has been explained. It will be updated in 3-4 days. Do drop an email to the school informing them though. Hope this helps and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Did anyone from R1 got acceptance letter?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
murtazaalamshah wrote:
Did anyone from R1 got acceptance letter?

Hi murtazaalamshah,

As prashanth90 mentioned in Page 5 of the thread, the decisions will be out on December 11th. The adcom have told us that we would hear back from them before December 15th. So, it's just a matter of time. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I had submitted my application for W.P.Carey full-time MBA on 30th-November-2015. I have mailed them my official transcripts and it was delivered to the Graduate Admissions Office on 30th-November-2015 but I am yet to submit the letter of recommendations.

I got an email yesterday from the Admissions committee asking for submission of my official transcripts and the letter of recommendation. I replied back to them stating my transcripts were delivered on 30th-November but I am yet to submit one of the letters of recommendation and I am in touch with my superior. I have asked for a 1 week extension in deadline for the same.

Has anyone faced a similar issue during R1 applications and, if yes, what was their response? Did they provide an extension in R1 deadlines for the letter of recommendation to anyone?

Thanks,
Arun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
arunmechie wrote:
Hello everyone,

I had submitted my application for W.P.Carey full-time MBA on 30th-November-2015. I have mailed them my official transcripts and it was delivered to the Graduate Admissions Office on 30th-November-2015 but I am yet to submit the letter of recommendations.

I got an email yesterday from the Admissions committee asking for submission of my official transcripts and the letter of recommendation. I replied back to them stating my transcripts were delivered on 30th-November but I am yet to submit one of the letters of recommendation and I am in touch with my superior. I have asked for a 1 week extension in deadline for the same.

Has anyone faced a similar issue during R1 applications and, if yes, what was their response? Did they provide an extension in R1 deadlines for the letter of recommendation to anyone?

Thanks,
Arun

Hi arunmechie,

Even I am awaiting the submission of the LORs. I think that an extension of 1 week beyond the submission deadline should work because one can only send the link to fill in recos after the application has been submitted.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Manish24 wrote:
arunmechie wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Arun

Even I am awaiting the submission of the LORs. I think that an extension of 1 week beyond the submission deadline should work because one can only send the link to fill in recos after the application has been submitted.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Manish,

My hopes are also hinged around the same line of reasoning. :lol:

Arun
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts