Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Merage - Class of 2017
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.22
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage(UC Irvine) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
varunverma123 wrote:
What is the exact time deadline for R2?..Is it 12 PM CST or else?

Not sure, but doesn't matter. Merage does rolling admissions so just turn it in when you are ready because they evaluate the applications as they get them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage(UC Irvine) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hi.. Indian applicant here..submitted R2 application few days ago..do I need to send Toefl score also as I got mail from Irvine demanding Toefl score...does not one qualify for waiver if Undergrad degree of 4 years was in English?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
varunverma123 wrote:
Hi.. Indian applicant here..submitted R2 application few days ago..do I need to send Toefl score also as I got mail from Irvine demanding Toefl score...does not one qualify for waiver if Undergrad degree of 4 years was in English?

Hey Varun,

It's mandatory for Indian applicants. Here's the link with infomation: https://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/appl ... iency.html
I'm an Indian applicant and have reported my TOEFL, also do not forget to mail your official transcripts to the school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks alot for your prompt reply..Will submit then as well.. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Account Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed last Wednesday and received acceptance email today (with $)! Anyone else in for fall 2016?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
aonaga wrote:
Interviewed last Wednesday and received acceptance email today (with $)! Anyone else in for fall 2016?

Way to go! I interviewed two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Now I am worried. How did your aid/fellowship $ look if you dont mind me asking?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ltsocal wrote:
aonaga wrote:

Way to go! I interviewed two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Now I am worried. How did your aid/fellowship $ look if you dont mind me asking?

Ok I just got accepted as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aonaga & ltsocal you guys started the holiday season! Congrats. :-D

can you tell me how much $$ you guys got?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got interviewed. It was very conversational and interactive. A great experience. All the best to rest of you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have got an invite for video interview yesterday where there would be recorded questions. Has anyone else received the same and could anyone throw light on the kind of questions asked in the video interview ? Is it different from the normal Skype interview that we have ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
rustogikunal wrote:
I have got an invite for video interview yesterday where there would be recorded questions. Has anyone else received the same and could anyone throw light on the kind of questions asked in the video interview ? Is it different from the normal Skype interview that we have ?

I had skype interview. I think the questions here would be random as well as the regular ones.
All the schools have started this video interview recently. (Mendoza/ BYU). You can visit those threads and check as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Just received confirmation that my transcripts have arrived (FINALLY) and that my application is under review. Now I will be mentally pacing back and forth until I receive any new information. UCI is the first school I applied to, so I am especially anxious.

Congratulations to all that were interviewed and/or accepted. If anybody has insight on the questions asked in the interviews, I would be very grateful. I'll be crossing my fingers while I mentally prepare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
AndrewPGlover wrote:
Just received confirmation that my transcripts have arrived (FINALLY) and that my application is under review. Now I will be mentally pacing back and forth until I receive any new information. UCI is the first school I applied to, so I am especially anxious.

Congratulations to all that were interviewed and/or accepted. If anybody has insight on the questions asked in the interviews, I would be very grateful. I'll be crossing my fingers while I mentally prepare.

Hi Andrew,

I was asked the following questions:

Walk me through your resume
Why MBA/ Why Now
Why UCI
Plan B
Anyone who has been an inspiration in your life/ Leadership
Which other schools you have applied and why? (or what are the factors you considered)
One situation where you had to adjust because of cultural differences and what did you learn.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ANDREW
I too had similar set of questions as listed down by gunner!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rejected after interview! God bless me :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
souvilibra wrote:
Rejected after interview! God bless me :)

Sorry to hear that. and you waited so long as well.

even if I choose to cancel my WL, still it won't help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Gunner,

Thank you for the input. I will definitely keep these in mind if I am fortunate enough to receive an interview. I went to an lunch information session at the school and was very impressed by the staff and students that I met.

Souvilibra,

Sorry to hear that you weren't admitted. I am sure that you will land somewhere that is a great fit for you. Good luck!

I'm looking forward to hearing about more interviews and acceptances. Merage seems to really be on the upswing in Southern California and I think it will continue to receive more and more national and global attention.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts