Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q36 V49
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
PS88 wrote:
Has any Round2 applicant received interview request yet?

Yep, I received an interview invite a couple of days back. I am an Indian applicant and submitted my application on 24th November. Although, my recommendations were submitted on 5th December.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q36 V49
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
sj1511swapnil wrote:
siddhu161

I have been working in the digital advertising and marketing field for over the past 2 years and am interested in applying to WP Carey for a 2 year MBA program. What do you know about their Marketing course and placement? How good are they? Unable to get a straightforward answer at other places. Looking forward to your response.

Hi,

Historically, there are very few international students who choose marketing as a concentration. For placement, local students are preferred which is obvious as they know market in much more detail than international. Having said that, course at WPCarey is Strategic Marketing & Services Leadership, which is interesting and many students take dual concentration as well. Although it is difficult, it is not impossible. Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Sid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manish24 wrote:
PS88 wrote:

Yep, I received an interview invite a couple of days back. I am an Indian applicant and submitted my application on 24th November. Although, my recommendations were submitted on 5th December.

What was the method of correspondence? I just logged into my account and see that they're waiting on my undergraduate transcripts. However, once those are processed I want to be prepared to know what to look for.

Congratulations on the interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AndrewPGlover wrote:
Manish24 wrote:
PS88 wrote:

What was the method of correspondence? I just logged into my account and see that they're waiting on my undergraduate transcripts. However, once those are processed I want to be prepared to know what to look for.

Congratulations on the interview!

I received an email from ASU, just make sure that you keep them informed about the status of your transcripts.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Gave my Interview yesterday Night. There were two female interviewers, as a replacement of Marcus Bishop.
I would thank everyone who gave advice/tips for the same.
Yes, there was no common questions as Why MBA, Why now etc.
They started with behavioural questions and ended with a small case study, which I enjoyed the most.Few questions came as a surprise and required to understand carefully the motive behind that. Apart from that everything went well. Since this was my fist skype interview ever, now I don't feel that anxiety and fear.
The only bad part is,we have to wait for next one and half month to get the result.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
How much time these people take to update the status on MY ASU portal as my transcript reached there on 28th but even now it has not been updated and being shown pending.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How much time do these people take to update the status on MY ASU portal as my transcript reached there on 28th but even now it has not been updated and being shown pending.I am worried as R2 deadline is approaching.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys can you please give me W P Carey Adcom mail id.I need to enquire about the official transcript delivery status as its not being updated and deadline is approaching.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
devvratk wrote:
Guys can you please give me W P Carey Adcom mail id.I need to enquire about the official transcript delivery status as its not being updated and deadline is approaching.

Hey devvratk, I can understand your anxiousness on the status of your transcripts, but don't worry at all, the Graduate Admissions Office must have received your transcript(of course if it is confirmed by your courier service!) and they take some time to authenticate the transcript before updating your status :). And I believe due to the holiday week, it can a little more time. Having said that, you should definitely address your concern to your point of contact or send a mail to wpcareymasters@asu.edu or grad-ges@asu.edu and don't forget to mention your Reference number. :) Hope this helps, Good luck mate!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Accepted in R1. :) Congratulations to all others accepted.
Anyone knows if there is a FB/https://gmatclub.com/chat group for accepted students ??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi swarup ,when did you receive the decision.
Are they still rolling decisions on R1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got it on 12th Dec :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hreedan07202012 wrote:
Hi swarup ,when did you receive the decision.
Are they still rolling decisions on R1?

Got it on 12th Dec. They had a decision date of 14th Dec. Still I am not sure if they are still rolling out decisions for R1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations swarup.i have been wait listed in round 1.
Guys any advice on wait list strategy or anything that could help.
They advised me to retake my gnat ,but I see little scope in doing that.
Will additional recommendations letter help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
bissaggy wrote:
Congratulations swarup.i have been wait listed in round 1.
Guys any advice on wait list strategy or anything that could help.
They advised me to retake my gnat ,but I see little scope in doing that.
Will additional recommendations letter help

IMHO, due to the Forward Scholarship being offered at Carey, the admissions committee has raised the minimal GMAT score to 700, at least for the international students. I haven't come across any profile which has a lesser score. The recommendation may help in highlighting some other aspects of your profile but I would suggest if your score is below 700, then do go ahead and retake GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Sankalp
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
hi all,

got my interview scheduled for tomo night and after going through all these posts, I have started to feel really nervous.

got a question to those that took the interview. what exactly do you guys mean by behavioral questions?

Also, will they ask questions about the essays/resume we submitted in the application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts