Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
So here is Round1 admission summary of ISB. Congrats to all GMAT Club members admitted to ISB!!! Great Job Guys!! :thumbup:

Admitted Folks: There is separate thread for you for getting in touch with each other and discussing next strategy.
ISB Class of 2017: Calling all Admitted Students!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted to Hyderabad campus.. Profile : GMAT 710, Work-ex 3.5 yrs in FMCG industry.. Thanks for all the support guys!!
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Got a ding! ISB the only school applied..
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
swappatil123 wrote:
Hi All,

Congratulations to those who are offered a place at ISB.
Quick question- Has anyone below 700 received admit yet? I can't see anyone within the range of 670-700.
I scored 690 and have most common S/W consulting work experience (Air logistics domain, 4.5 years) and international experience.
Planning to apply for R2. But looking at the results, my chances look bleak.

Please suggest guys.

I know a guy who had 620 in GMAT and got through. Also, in the current batch at ISB one of my friend got the admit at 650. Score adds up to the overall profile but you can balance out things with other stuff like good strong essays, extra curricular, work experience etc. And 690 isn't that bad. So focus on writing good essays and you stand a decent chance of getting an interview call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Wishing the best to R2 applicants!

Originally posted by RB3007 on 16 Dec 2015, 11:30.
Last edited by RB3007 on 20 Dec 2015, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey Guys. Got into Mohali campus.

Can you guys help me decided on which school should I choose? I have offers from Olin (Washington U), Georgia Tech, Carlson, Maryland Smith, ISB and UC Davis.

Thank you for your help. All the best for Round 2 applicants.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Kudos
kunalarora23 wrote:
swappatil123 wrote:
Hi All,

Quick question- Has anyone below 700 received admit yet? I can't see anyone within the range of 670-700.
I scored 690 and have most common S/W consulting work experience (Air logistics domain, 4.5 years) and international experience.

Please suggest guys.

I know a guy who had 620 in GMAT and got through. Also, in the current batch at ISB one of my friend got the admit at 650. Score adds up to the overall profile but you can balance out things with other stuff like good strong essays, extra curricular, work experience etc. And 690 isn't that bad. So focus on writing good essays and you stand a decent chance of getting an interview call.

I am an admit at 690 :) Work hard on your essays and be confident during the interview regarding your current work ex, future plans and stuff. Rest will fall in place.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
capallavi wrote:
kunalarora23 wrote:
swappatil123 wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest guys.

I am an admit at 690 :) Work hard on your essays and be confident during the interview regarding your current work ex, future plans and stuff. Rest will fall in place.

Thanks for the reply. I am researching and writing essays. I hope everything goes well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
swappatil123 wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest guys.

Thanks for the advice. I need to highlight my work experience and my work as a volunteer. Look forward to hearing more from you guys.

One question- are you planning to reapply to ISB?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey sorry for the last post.

Got admitted! Hyderabad campus :)

Profile:
    720 GMAT
    3.5 yrs workex
    Marketing in Internet Industry

Thank you everyone for your help and Congratulations to all who got in!

Can someone please add me to the facebook and https://gmatclub.com/chat groups.

Thanks!
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
swappatil123 wrote:
kunalarora23 wrote:
swappatil123 wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest guys.

Thanks for the advice. I need to highlight my work experience and my work as a volunteer. Look forward to hearing more from you guys.

One question- are you planning to reapply to ISB?

Not sure. Depends on lot of factors and how everything else pan out in next 6 months including GMAT score when i (if!) retake it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
First, congratulations folks! You made it!

I have a question. Is one recommendation letter enough or do we require two?
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
srirampasupathi wrote:

This year ISB is only looking for 1 recommendation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
srirampasupathi wrote:

This year ISB is only looking for 1 recommendation.

Thanks! All the best for your future endeavours!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Any tips for R2 applicants
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
dindil wrote:
Hey Guys. Got into Mohali campus.

Can you guys help me decided on which school should I choose? I have offers from Olin (Washington U), Georgia Tech, Carlson, Maryland Smith, ISB and UC Davis.

Thank you for your help. All the best for Round 2 applicants.

Regards,

Georgia Tech
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: The Batmen of ISB share their ‘competition marathon’ experience
ISB-Plan competitions are a great way to challenge yourself, test your ideas and showcase your talent. Though truth be told, our main motivation to take part in these competitions was to build our resumes but little did we realize that it was probably the most fun way to do so. So began our journey of taking part in these competitions and I think we were one of those few people in campus who actually looked forward and diligently read every mail sent by the b-school rep.

At any point of time there seemed to be at least a couple of fests each with its range of events happening. So, one of the first decisions we made was to concentrate only on the marketing events and build up our proficiencies in that area. Realizing the time and effort needed, we also deprioritised other activities in favour of b-plans and spent long hours on back end research to supplement our presentations. We also constantly challenged ourselves to not only be the best but also the most unique and looking back, some of the ideas and campaigns we came up with were pretty remarkable indeed (or so we were told and yes we are blowing our trumpets here)

The first fest we went to was the entrepreneurship fest organized by IIM B called ‘Eximius’ and it was dramatic and memorable. Firstly the fest was during our mid-terms and we did not know until the night before if we were going to attend the fest or give our exams. We reached Bangalore on the day of the fest woefully under-prepared wherein we bumped into our alum Ankur Warikoo. Given our sleep deprived state we naturally failed to identify him and we (read Rajesh Pantina) proceeded to ask him as to where he works and the purpose of his visit to IIM B (there were posters everywhere announcing Ankur as the keynote speaker). We also won our first event, were finalists in five others including two on the spot literary events and met some really wonderful people. Following IIM B, we made it to the finals of IIM A, NITIE, NMIMS, MDI, ISB etc. some of which we were able to convert to victories whereas some others remained elusive.

There were a lot of learnings from the fests – clichéd perhaps but undoubtedly true. Hard work does pay off. It’s not losing, its character building (at least that’s what we told ourselves). Time management is a skill that one must master. Brevity is the key. Don’t restate what’s on the presentation. Weave a cohesive story and always present financials. Your b-plan is not as fool proof and awesome as you think it is. But perhaps the most telling of the learnings was that there is no better campus than ISB – period!

It’s really been wonderful, going to various fests and representing ISB. What began as a resume building exercise has now turned into an exciting activity which we are passionate about. We want to keep participating (and hopefully winning) in these fests in the future but honestly none of this would have been possible without the help of some of the brilliant people we met here (again clichéd but true) and we really are extremely grateful to you folks. Thanks you!

Warm RegardsBatmen

Batmen

Vineet Raj, Karan Rampal, Rajesh Pantina
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts