Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
pqt wrote:
Guys, do you normally send a Thank you email after the interview?
Somewhere I read, people actually do it, but I wasn't sure. Any suggestions fellas?

If you have the direct mail id of the interviewer, please do so. I sent thank you mail to my McGill interviewer as I had her mail id with me ( and I got an admit :-D )
I didn't in case of Sauder. They don't share mail ids of interviewers. I am awaiting the final decision from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
desaichinmay22 wrote:
pqt wrote:
Somewhere I read, people actually do it, but I wasn't sure. Any suggestions fellas?

If you have the direct mail id of the interviewer, please do so. I sent thank you mail to my McGill interviewer as I had her mail id with me ( and I got an admit :-D )
I didn't in case of Sauder. They don't share mail ids of interviewers. I am awaiting the final decision from them.

Normally, what do you include in the email?
I mean how long should it be .. My interview lasted about an hour..
Again I couldn't quite answer the question : What else do you want to mention.. Instead cited a personal event which has nothing to do with the application. Any caveats in this ? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pqt wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
pqt wrote:

Normally, what do you include in the email?
I mean how long should it be .. My interview lasted about an hour..
Again I couldn't quite answer the question : What else do you want to mention.. Instead cited a personal event which has nothing to do with the application. Any caveats in this ? :)

Just say thank you for the interviewer's time and you look forward to get an acceptance from the school. Don't try to explain your performance in the interview or any other area of your application in such a mail. That's my personal opinion. check with others.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think email ids are available in UBC site. Can't we take the id from there and shoot a mail?
Or will it seem bad?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pqt wrote:
I think email ids are available in UBC site. Can't we take the id from there and shoot a mail?
Or will it seem bad?

If you get your interviewer's id on the UBC's site, by all means drop a mail. But ensure that you drop it within 24 hours from your interview. otherwise it will look odd.
I had my interview last night at 1.30. If get interviewers' contact ids, do let me know. Atleast I didn't find them on website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
desaichinmay22 wrote:
pqt wrote:
Or will it seem bad?

If you get your interviewer's id on the UBC's site, by all means drop a mail. But ensure that you drop it within 24 hours from your interview. otherwise it will look odd.
I had my interview last night at 1.30. If get interviewers' contact ids, do let me know. Atleast I didn't find them on website.

You can search it here: www.ubc.ca
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
i agree with chinmay...a simple thank you note is sufficient...and sent within 24 hrs is effective...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Guys need your help..(International Students)

Got a mail yesterday after a wait of 55 days post submission of my application saying that my application is incomplete.

"Your scanned and uploaded copies of academic documents through your online application can be used for evaluation purposes. However, the following documents are still required:

1. Official GMAT - The code for GMAT test is LQS-CP-026.
2. Official IELTS
In order for us to waive your English exam requirement, please note that your transcript/degree certificate must indicate English was used as the medium of instruction. Or, you would have to request the University Registrar of your school to send an official letter stating that the above is true. "

They also have requested for a official transcript and degree certificate copy indicating it as a true copy.

Request your urgent replies on the same as to whether my application is on hold from being reviewed unless I courier them the hard copies is it??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
audi007 wrote:

Got a mail yesterday after a wait of 55 days post submission of my application saying that my application is incomplete.

"Your scanned and uploaded copies of academic documents through your online application can be used for evaluation purposes. However, the following documents are still required:

2. Official IELTS
In order for us to waive your English exam requirement, please note that your transcript/degree certificate must indicate English was used as the medium of instruction. Or, you would have to request the University Registrar of your school to send an official letter stating that the above is true. "

They also have requested for a official transcript and degree certificate copy indicating it as a true copy.

Request your urgent replies on the same as to whether my application is on hold from being reviewed unless I courier them the hard copies is it??

Definitely not. Your application will still be processed. Do not worry. Please make arrangements to send them the documents they've requested.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
audi007 wrote:

2. Official IELTS

Read below from Sauder's website :-

1. Submit your application
Please submit your application and all supporting documents before the application deadline. Only when we receive it all, is your file considered "complete" and will be sent to the admissions committee for review. All submitted application materials, including irreplaceable documents, become the property of the Sauder School of Business and will not be returned.

As per above, it seems unless all documents are submitted, adcoms won't be able to recommend you for an admit. But don't worry, its holidays time there. You can arrange your GMAT in 3-4 days time and your transcript should be sufficient for English requirement. Check whether it mentions medium of instruction was English. It won't impact your application. All the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
desaichinmay22 wrote:
audi007 wrote:

2. Official IELTS

Please submit your application and all supporting documents before the application deadline. Only when we receive it all, is your file considered "complete" and will be sent to the admissions committee for review. All submitted application materials, including irreplaceable documents, become the property of the Sauder School of Business and will not be returned.

As per above, it seems unless all documents are submitted, adcoms won't be able to recommend you for an admit. But don't worry, its holidays time there. You can arrange your GMAT in 3-4 days time and your transcript should be sufficient for English requirement. Check whether it mentions medium of instruction was English. It won't impact your application. All the best.

Supporting documents do not mean they have to be official. If unofficial documents are submitted (for eg. test taker's copy of GMAT score report) then yes, the application is considered official and the university will proceed with the review. All official documents need to reach them, yes, but not necessarily before a decision is announced.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
audi007 wrote:

2. Official IELTS

Supporting documents do not mean they have to be official. If unofficial documents are submitted (for eg. test taker's copy of GMAT score report) then yes, the application is considered official and the university will proceed with the review. All official documents need to reach them, yes, but not necessarily before a decision is announced.

Thank you Vijay and CHinmay for your inputs.But just wanted to clarify as to whether hard copies are needed prior to confirmation of my admission?

Reason for me asking it is that I have uploaded all the relevant scanned documents as well as the GMAT official score report(though it is not considered official by the university).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
desaichinmay22 wrote:
audi007 wrote:

2. Official IELTS

desaichinmay22 : But the documents can be in the form of soft copies...It isn't mentioned anywhere that specific hard copies are required.Coz I had a word with a friend of mine who had applied last year as an international applicant,he was not asked for hard copies of the transcripts and degree certificate.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
desaichinmay22 : But the documents can be in the form of soft copies...It isn't mentioned anywhere that specific hard copies are required.Coz I had a word with a friend of mine who had applied last year as an international applicant,he was not asked for hard copies of the transcripts and degree certificate.[/quote]

Mate,

Please refer below page from Sauder's website

https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... quirements

read the definition of official transcripts. It is necessary that university attested copy in a sealed envelope is sent to Sauder. From my own experience with Sauder and other schools, it is necessary that official copies of transcripts of undergrad studies are provided to school before admission can be finalized. Schools can review your application with scanned copies, but official copies are required to confirm your admission. I can't comment on your friend's case, but it is the first time that I am hearing that one was not required to submit official documents before he was admitted to the program. GMAT scores are sent electronically by GMAC to schools. You will have to make online request through your login and pay the fees. Scores should be available to Sauder in 3-4 days time. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Chinmay
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,"
I have not provided any official documents yet but have still been called for the interview.You are eligibe to get a "Conditional Offer Of Acceptance" before you can go through with sending the official copies.I received a conditional offer from John Molson and am yet to send any official copies.Once you finalise which university you want to attendmyou can send the transcripts and the rest of the official copies only to that university.Makes the Job Simple.
hope that helps
Manoj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hey guys,"
I have not provided any official documents yet but have still been called for the interview.You are eligibe to get a "Conditional Offer Of Acceptance" before you can go through with sending the official copies.I received a conditional offer from John Molson and am yet to send any official copies.Once you finalise which university you want to attendmyou can send the transcripts and the rest of the official copies only to that university.Makes the Job Simple.
hope that helps
Manoj

manojsundar1 : Thank you very much bro..!! You relieved me of my tension looming over me since three days.I was wondering that even though I haven't been given an admission offer then too I am being asked to send in official documents.Congratulations for your admission and good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
desaichinmay22 wrote:
desaichinmay22 : But the documents can be in the form of soft copies...It isn't mentioned anywhere that specific hard copies are required.Coz I had a word with a friend of mine who had applied last year as an international applicant,he was not asked for hard copies of the transcripts and degree certificate.

Mate,

Please refer below page from Sauder's website

https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... quirements

read the definition of official transcripts. It is necessary that university attested copy in a sealed envelope is sent to Sauder. From my own experience with Sauder and other schools, it is necessary that official copies of transcripts of undergrad studies are provided to school before admission can be finalized. Schools can review your application with scanned copies, but official copies are required to confirm your admission. I can't comment on your friend's case, but it is the first time that I am hearing that one was not required to submit official documents before he was admitted to the program. GMAT scores are sent electronically by GMAC to schools. You will have to make online request through your login and pay the fees. Scores should be available to Sauder in 3-4 days time. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Chinmay[/quote]

desaichinmay22 : You can have a look at the reply from Manoj.That is the situation I am in.Was wondering that without an admission offer,why I am being asked to present official documents.Nonetheless,thank you very much for your advice and guidance bro..Congratulations for your admission and good luck. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts