Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.53
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I received my waitlist announcement this evening. Live to fight another day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
I received an email. Admitted with scholarship
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
In with 40K schol and non resident differential fee waiver.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
Got the email today. In with $$. Congrats to all the admitted students and All the best for prospective students!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admitted folks can PM me to join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
So I'm a bit confused right now. Applid R1 on Oct 15, got video interview only and was waitlisted in December. But then I got a formal interview invite at the end of December so I'm doing my campus interview this Friday the 15th - although results for R2 have been released. Does that mean I have to wait for R3 decision day (March 30)?? That's a serious problem since I have other response deadlines.....

And for those who interviewed, do I need to bring any official transcript/official test score? Couldn't find relevant information about this on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
westcoastplan wrote:
So I'm a bit confused right now. Applid R1 on Oct 15, got video interview only and was waitlisted in December. But then I got a formal interview invite at the end of December so I'm doing my campus interview this Friday the 15th - although results for R2 have been released. Does that mean I have to wait for R3 decision day (March 30)?? That's a serious problem since I have other response deadlines.....

And for those who interviewed, do I need to bring any official transcript/official test score? Couldn't find relevant information about this on the website.

You don't need to be bring anything to the interview, they have all your application package with them. As for the decision dates by rounds, you might want to ask about that at while you're on campus. It seems your application already took and odd route with dates, so might be a little different?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
A89MBA wrote:
Did any one get a Non-Resident Tuition Differential Waiver ??

Ya I did as well. If you got $25k/year and the waiver then the cost of the program is only like $5k/year. Plus I think you can deduct $2500 in the form of a tax credit per year as well.

Will make for a pretty hard to beat ROI :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
buster52 wrote:
A89MBA wrote:

Ya I did as well. If you got $25k/year and the waiver then the cost of the program is only like $5k/year. Plus I think you can deduct $2500 in the form of a tax credit per year as well.

You said it !

Interesting about the deduction, did not know that.
Foster's generosity notwithstanding, if i am not wrong, They are generally ranked pretty high in ROI comparisons.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
A89MBA wrote:
buster52 wrote:
A89MBA wrote:

You said it !

Interesting about the deduction, did not know that.
Foster's generosity notwithstanding, if i am not wrong, They are generally ranked pretty high in ROI comparisons.

They are. One of the reasons I decided to choose Foster. Plus Seattle is awesome :-D

https://depts.washington.edu/foster/forb ... nvestment/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
URGENT - I'm trying to upload my Resume (PDF) and scanned copies of my transcript (PDF). The portal isn't recognizing these files and gives me an error saying these files are not in PDF format. Has anyone faced this issue or any ideas on how to overcome this? The deadline is 2 hours away so please, any suggestions would be more than helpful.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
GoinClubbin wrote:
URGENT - I'm trying to upload my Resume (PDF) and scanned copies of my transcript (PDF). The portal isn't recognizing these files and gives me an error saying these files are not in PDF format. Has anyone faced this issue or any ideas on how to overcome this? The deadline is 2 hours away so please, any suggestions would be more than helpful.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm late in responding to your query.

Are you able to open the pdf documents on your PC using Adobe Acrobat?
Is the Resume scanned or converted from Word Document? If converted, are you using any third party software or are you using the "Save As" function with MS Word?

You may try doing the following:
1. Just navigate to the folder where you have saved the files --> Rename the file with the extension. Sometimes, simply renaming the file to a shorter file name might help.
2. Have you checked the file size limit to upload?
3. Try uploading any other one pager pdf document that you might have. If that test file uploads successfully, then be sure that there is some problem with your pdf creation.
4. You may try some of the free online services such as online2pdf to convert your word document into pdf, perhaps?

Let me know how things go and probably will try to provide you some other alternatives, if possible.

Thanks.
-Debjeet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi Debjeet,

Thank you SO much for your response. Turns out I was using Firefox in No Proxy mode, which led to an insecure connection and some sort of malware. I switched to a secure connection through Chrome and the uploads worked perfectly well.

Thanks again and good luck with your application!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
GoinClubbin wrote:
Hi Debjeet,

Thank you SO much for your response. Turns out I was using Firefox in No Proxy mode, which led to an insecure connection and some sort of malware. I switched to a secure connection through Chrome and the uploads worked perfectly well.

Thanks again!

Glad, you could figure out a solution. Wish you all the best for your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Foster Admissions Blog: Former Entrepreneur Meets Brand Management
Today we have a guest post from Emily Palmer (Class of 2016), a former entrepreneur and talented artist who really transformed her career over the summer thanks to an amazing Brand Management internship at Talking Rain. She came back to Foster in the Fall with a much deeper level of insight into the consumer and I just had to find out how she was able to grow so much in such a short amount of time. Hear more about her story and her internship experience below!

On the last day of Spring quarter, I accepted an offer from the Talking Rain Beverage Company (TR) as their first MBA intern in Brand Management. The position was created by one of TR’s Brand Managers, Frances Youn, who is also a Foster alum. Overall, I had a fantastic experience, which was largely due to Frances’ thoughtful and organized approach to my work plan. She developed two projects for me to tackle: first, a go-to-market strategy for Sparkling ICE Tea brand in the convenience channel; second, a graphics update to the Club channel multipacks. The latter project eventually expanded into a broader analysis of their business in Club.

In the first two weeks, Frances set me up with around ten one-on-one interviews with employees throughout the company. This was great for helping me understand the company and the resources available to me. She also trained me to use IRI, which is a consumer scanner database that tracks measures like Dollar Sales and Sales per Point of Distribution across the country. The work was data heavy, and necessitated my development in analytical thinking. As someone who had barely opened Excel prior to business school, this was an excellent challenge and precisely what I needed.

Throughout the summer, I was given a great deal of agency and freedom to tackle my projects, in the context of a team that was very open and willing to help me along the way. Because of the small, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing nature of the company, opportunities to make an impact are abundant. On my last day of work, I gave a presentation to the Leadership Team on recommendations I had developed that would affect a significant portion of their overall business. These recommendations were then presented at the national sales meeting, and are likely to be implemented soon.

In addition to giving me valuable work experience and analytical skillsets, TR is just a fun place to work. The Brand Management team currently consists of 10-15 people, and is located in a building named “The Garage” for its two garage doors that get rolled up on nice summer days. The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) has his own office, but everyone else sits at desks in an open floor plan. The result was that my coworkers and superiors were highly accessible, and I got to know them all well. The atmosphere is fun, colorful, and slightly irreverent. Group lunches in Issaquah happened frequently, and the team often met up at a bar or movie on weekends.

Frances told me in the beginning of the summer that a successful internship is one where the intern feels like just another team member by the end of the summer. The CMO John Peirano set the tone by constantly including me in meetings and soliciting my opinions. I was offered a full-time position two months after my internship ended, as well as a part-time offer for the rest of the year. While I have chosen to accept a different full-time offer for next year, the decision was tough. Talking Rain has a fantastic team and culture, and provides incredible growth opportunities for anyone looking to experience the intersection of formal brand management strategy and entrepreneurialism.

For more stories from Foster MBA students about their summer internships, check out the Internships category To learn more about marketing and other career paths that Foster MBAs gravitate towards, check out the Career Paths resource from Foster Career Management

About the Author

Before Foster, Emily Palmer (Class of 2016) spent seven years as an entrepreneur in the arts in Chicago, which cultivated a deep passion for community engagement and environmental sustainability. Now at Foster, she is focused on marketing and strategy, and is a Chapter Leader in the Foster Net Impact Club. She hopes to one day contribute to sustainability initiatives within the industrial farming sector.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
any round 3 interview invites? what is the normal timeline for the interview invites?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts