Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GRE 1: Q167 V155

GRE 2: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.73
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager

Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
JWahid wrote:
Now this is weird. I mailed the admissions committee and they replied with a mail that said recommenders get 3 business days grace period, where as on the live chat ( https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... 2015-09-09) they mentioned a 1 week grace period. Do you think I should mention this and request 1 week grace period ?

Sure, you can try doing this but calling them up will be more straightforward.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I have a very bad cold and totally lost my voice. :(
Im mailing them again, with a reference to he online chat and requesting them to consider my case. Is that seen as rude ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
JWahid wrote:
I have a very bad cold and totally lost my voice. :(
Im mailing them again, with a reference to he online chat and requesting them to consider my case. Is that seen as rude ?

Not really. You can definitely send them the reference link so that they can provide you the most updated information. But do remember that their decision might be final and not the one in the link.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
So, my mail has been forwarded to the person who gave the answer on the Chat..... I dont really know what to expect :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
JWahid wrote:
So, my mail has been forwarded to the person who gave the answer on the Chat..... I dont really know what to expect :(

How much time did you give your recommenders to complete their submissions?

Regardless, Booth can't review your app until everything's been submitted. At this point, it's out of your control so worry about other things.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
Unfortunately, the next two days are business holidays ( Friday & Saturday ) in Bangladesh and one of my recommenders became a father a week back.
Fingers crossed :(
SVP
SVP
Send PM
JWahid wrote:
Unfortunately, the next two days are business holidays ( Friday & Saturday ) in Bangladesh and one of my recommenders became a father a week back.

Were you able to submit your recommendations on time?
Manager
Manager

Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
JWahid wrote:

Yeah !
I mailed the admissions office refering to the answer given by Tyler in an web chat on Booth Website. They forwarded the mail to him and Tyler confirmed the 1 week grace period for recommenders. Mine were submitted within 6 days.

Thanks for asking :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
JWahid wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
JWahid wrote:

Yeah !
I mailed the admissions office refering to the answer given by Tyler in an web chat on Booth Website. They forwarded the mail to him and Tyler confirmed the 1 week grace period for recommenders. Mine were submitted within 6 days.

Thanks for asking :)

All the best with your applications.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: First Quarter with a Family
Happy New Year and Congratulations to the First Round Admits! As admits talk to more and more current Booth students I often get the questions about balancing family, school, and the social life of business school.   If you have read the Booth Experience before you know that my wife works fulltime and we have a … Continue reading First Quarter with a Family →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when we can expect Booth to start sending out interview invites? All invites will go out until January 29. Any experience from previous years?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
FelixG wrote:
Does anyone know when we can expect Booth to start sending out interview invites? All invites will go out until January 29. Any experience from previous years?

As per last year's R2 interviews, they started on 27th Jan when the date Booth provided for last set of interview invites was 4th Feb. This year, all the interviews will be sent by 29th Jan. So, I think we should see the invites sent out starting Monday, 25th Jan right till 29th Jan. Do remember that Booth sent out both interview invites and final dings for non interviewed applications on the last day, 4th Feb. Similarly, we should see dings sent out on the last day for interview invites, Jan 29th.

FYI, last year, R2 invites went till close to 5:30 PM on 4th . So this sets up a good and interesting next week for everyone with their F5 keys and refresh icon cursing them soon, leading to absolutely 0 productivity for most of the next week.

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Did anyone get a "personalized" (e-mail from admissions with your name as opposed to just the blanket one/newsletters that usually come) invite to Booth live on Feb 19? I'm assume it went to all applicants.. If so, do you know when we hear if we get interviews or not? I want to register, but don't want to book if I ended up not getting an interview. Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
EJO2013 wrote:
Did anyone get a "personalized" (e-mail from admissions with your name as opposed to just the blanket one/newsletters that usually come) invite to Booth live on Feb 19? I'm assume it went to all applicants.. If so, do you know when we hear if we get interviews or not? I want to register, but don't want to book if I ended up not getting an interview. Thanks!

Haven't received one. So don't know what to read into this. As for interviews, read my post above.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
EJO2013 wrote:

Haven't received one. So don't know what to read into this. As for interviews, read my post above.

They may have sent it to mme because I haven't done an on campus visit yet, or I'm just on one too many mailing lists :)... thanks for the info on interviews, looks like I can wait to book flights etc until I hear on that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I got that email too... I have been waitlisted Round 1 though!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Booth for the Holidays
This past Novemebr and December, Boothies celebrated the winter holidays together, all over the world – 400 students crashed Aspen for a week for our annual Ski Trip, hundreds went on career treks from San Francisco to Dubai, and endless more celebrated classmates’ weddings, spent time with family, or traveled to new cities. We asked all of … Continue reading Booth for the Holidays →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts