Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Queens MBA Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [5]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Queens MBA Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! [#permalink]
Sure will do Vishwa. When did you have your interview and when was the result out? I will complete the initial assessment this week.
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! [#permalink]
VijayG6387 wrote:
Sure will do Vishwa. When did you have your interview and when was the result out? I will complete the initial assessment this week.

Hi Vijay,

My Interview was on 12th Jan and Results out on 19th Jan. Usually During interview, Panellist will tell you tentative date and usually they get back on or before tentative date.

Thanks,
Vishwa
Queens MBA Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vishwaprakash wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hi Vijay,

My Interview was on 12th Jan and Results out on 19th Jan. Usually During interview, Panellist will tell you tentative date and usually they get back on or before tentative date.

Thanks,
Vishwa

If you don't mind me asking, what was your GMAT score please and did you take up IELTS/TOEFL as well?
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
vishwaprakash wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hi Vijay,

Thanks,
Vishwa

If you don't mind me asking, what was your GMAT score please and did you take up IELTS/TOEFL as well?

Hi Vijay,

Queen's look for Overall profile and quality of work experience and extra curricular activities. For the sake of your information, my GMAT score was 680 and Degree was 76 % (Never did GPA conversion, so not sure about that)

Irrespective of your score, if you are investing in queen's application focus on your cover letter, resume and Videos. + choose your Referral Wisely.

If you need any more information, please feel free to inbox me your number. I will be happy to call and clarify your doubt.

Regards,
Vishwa
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vishwaprakash wrote:

Hi Vijay,

Queen's look for Overall profile and quality of work experience and extra curricular activities. For the sake of your information, my GMAT score was 680 and Degree was 76 % (Never did GPA conversion, so not sure about that)

Irrespective of your score, if you are investing in queen's application focus on your cover letter, resume and Videos. + choose your Referral Wisely.

If you need any more information, please feel free to inbox me your number. I will be happy to call and clarify your doubt.

Regards,
Vishwa

Thank you Vishwa., Did you get a scholarship as well? Just asking these questions here so that the others who join later can go through the thread and understand the basics. :) Congratulations by the way :)

Kind Regards,
Vijay G
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
vishwaprakash wrote:

Hi Vijay,

Regards,
Vishwa

Thank you Vishwa., Did you get a scholarship as well? Just asking these questions here so that the others who join later can go through the thread and understand the basics. :) Congratulations by the way :)

Kind Regards,
Vijay G

No Problem Vijay, :-D

in fact your questions are making this thread more interactive, I think it is too early for queen's 2018 hence it is bit inactive. 8-)

Yes ... I got scholarship :)

Usually scholarships in the range of 10K to 30K CAD is awarded to candidates. There is no separate process or application for scholarship. Admission team will review your profile and will award you scholarship along with formal offer letter. :)

Thanks,
Vishwa
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Hi Vishwaprakash,

I had submitted my application for the initial assessment and following was the feedback.

I was asked by my application advisor to proceed with the application with a catch. The app. advisor asked me to re-take the GMAT. I have the exact same score as you and do not have plans to take GMAT now.

Following is the snapshot from the mail:

GMAT Results: The Queen’s full time MBA requires the GMAT score to be eligible for admissions. I recommend that you rewrite the GMAT exam and aim for a score of 700 or higher to make your application more competitive. Please visit www.mba.com and enter code Q21-QZ-68 on your GMAT registration form to ensure your GMAT scores can be accessed by Smith after you have rewritten the exam.

Did you also receive a similar mail from your application advisor?

I got the reply from Andrea on Jan 11 and I was in a catch 22 situation if I should proceed directly with submitting my application or should I take it that without re-take they will not consider my application.

I have close to 8+ years of work-ex in IT (Male). Working with Oracle right now.

What do you suggest? How should I proceed?

Regards,
Vijay

vishwaprakash wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
vishwaprakash wrote:

Hi Vijay,

Regards,
Vishwa

Kind Regards,
Vijay G

No Problem Vijay, :-D

in fact your questions are making this thread more interactive, I think it is too early for queen's 2018 hence it is bit inactive. 8-)

Yes ... I got scholarship :)

Usually scholarships in the range of 10K to 30K CAD is awarded to candidates. There is no separate process or application for scholarship. Admission team will review your profile and will award you scholarship along with formal offer letter. :)

Thanks,
Vishwa
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Never mind, I talked to my applications adviser and apparently the admissions committee has informed the advisors to pick people only with a GMAT score greater than 700. There could be exceptions. Probably a recent addition to the list of criteria to accept applications.

Regards,
Vijay
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
Guys ... Whosoever get admit, Requesting you to please post it here ... Let's be in touch :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
How to go about the cover letter. Any tips (in terms of word-limit, content etc.) ? vishwaprakash
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
Aksh19 wrote:
How to go about the cover letter. Any tips (in terms of word-limit, content etc.) ? vishwaprakash

Hi Aksh19

There is no official word limit on cover letter. Consider it as document, to describe your goals, Aspiration, Why MBA, Why Queens and why should we select you kind of question.

Usually, you should be able to highlight your achievments or career decision which you were not able to do in your resume.

I think assume 450-500 as word limit (1 page - 1.5 page) and then starting points.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
svijayaug12 wrote:
Never mind, I talked to my applications adviser and apparently the admissions committee has informed the advisors to pick people only with a GMAT score greater than 700. There could be exceptions. Probably a recent addition to the list of criteria to accept applications.

Regards,
Vijay

I think you should still go ahead and apply as I believe with 8+ experience 680 is a competitive score.
Queens MBA Thread Master
Send PM
Hi All,

there is one up-coming information session on 16th Feb.

Link to register

https://smith.queensu.ca/mba_programs/w ... ebinar.php
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
svijayaug12 wrote:

Regards,
Vijay

Hey Vijay.

I guess the reason application advisor asked you to reappear was that, as there are many applications from Indian males with IT background you have to have a good score to make you application competitive. I got admitted with a 680 as well but I am from a Marketing & Operations Background. What I would advise you is to work on make your profile clearly distinct when compared to an Indian IT male.

Anuj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview and visited the school last week. Was impressed with the students, faculty, and facilities. Waiting on a decision - I'm leaning towards Ivey right now as they gave me a much better scholarship than I expected, so my decision is probably going to come down to what size of scholarship I get from Queen's, if any. I was really impressed with both schools, and I feel like I can't go wrong with either. The interview experience was more informal than my other interviews. My interviewer had a unique ability to facilitate more meaningful yet casual feeling discussion than I'm used to - I suspect this was done intentionally to get a better peak at the person behind the usual interview-facade.

Good luck to other applicants.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts