Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Also, the invites come out typically around 12 noon EST. For EA, which is when I applied, they came out around 12 noon. So expect them to be out sometime today!

All the best folks! Hoping to see you guys in the admitted thread soon!

Your benevolence is much appreciated :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Ok, today's the day for us round two'ers (and if you're in Asia, it's been "the day" for a while).

Best of luck to everyone on R2 interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
calm before the (first [for this round] ) storm....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 2.34
Send PM
R1 started going up on livewire after 3pm, so let's not get too excited if noon passes and we're empty handed. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Storm can be expected anytime..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Remember to check the SISS (https://applicants.siss.duke.edu), not just the email. The interview notification will be posted there.

Fingers crossed for you all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: 5 Things About Durham That’ll Surprise You
I was very excited to make the decision and move to the U.S. for my husband’s MBA. When we started the journey of searching and applying for an MBA, Fuqua was one of his top choices because of the rank, the academic level, and the spirit of Team Fuqua.

All that is great, but I had different concerns coming into this adventure, and for me, as a partner it was choosing a place to live! I needed somewhere I could work, have fun, and go out for a drink with my soon-to-be friends from all over the world. At the time, Durham did not sound like the best place for a cool young professional as myself.

However, after doing my research and especially after living here for more than a year, I can proudly share with you that I love this place and I think you are going to love it too. To help you better understand this area, here are a few of the things I have learned about Durham:

1. Durham has a Great Culinary Scene!
As a foodie who loves to try new things I was happy to find out about the amazing food scene in town, with dozens of restaurants that have received national acclaim and media attention. Durham was chosen as the “Tastiest Town in the South” and as a foodie I’m telling you this is the place to be! Here, you can find anything you crave, from great coffee at Joe Van Gogh, to southern comfort food at Dame’s Chicken & Waffles, and healthy and chic places like Parker and Otis.

2. Every Week You Can Find a Reason to be Festive
Durham is home to more than 47 annual festivals. Whether you are in to documentaries like me, or a beer fan like many of the students, or whether arts and culture is your thing, I am sure you can find the festival for you! Here are just some of them:

• American Dance Festival
  • Bull Durham Blues Festival
  • Durham Arts Council’s CenterFest
  • Festival for the Eno River
  • Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
  • Native American Powwow
  • NC Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
  • NC Pride Parade and Festival
  • SunTrust Broadway Series at DPAC
  • World Beer Festival
  • And the list goes on and on
3. Durham is a Great Place for Kids
As a partner, I have a lot of partner friends who moved here with their kids or even had some while living here. Through them I have learned that Durham is a wonderful place to raise kids. It’s known for great school systems, considered as one of the “Top 20 Places to Educate Your Child” by Forbes and has been included among the “100 Best Communities for Young People.”

I also found out that Durham offers many cool places to spend quality time with your kids like the famous Duke Lemur Center and the Museum of Life and Science (which by the way, I took my nephews to and they loved). Durham has also made lists of best small cities for relocating families. You can read about other Durham accolades here.

4. Durham Is a Great Place to Visit
We all want are families to visit us when we are here and to have fun together. Whenever our family comes to town, they enjoy the city and the warm welcome of the Fuqua community and can’t wait to visit again. Durham, also known as the Bull City, and its features are well known and your guests will love it here! You might be surprised to know that Durham:

5. Durham has Many Business Opportunities
As a part of the Fuqua and the Durham community, I was happy to learn that the city has many business opportunities and is a part of the blooming Research Triangle Park. It is home to some major corporations and fascinating startups. Here are a few of Durham’s business superlatives compiled by the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau:

• #3 Best Place for Business and Careers
  • Highest wages in the South
  • National top 10 corporation for working moms
  • World’s leading research and development center
  • Among best workplaces in higher education
  • #9 top Mid-sized City for Young Professionals.
Want to learn more about this young innovative city? Here is a fun list of 40 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Durham and a new Duke web site that talks about Durham’s history, things to do, living options and more. Also feel free to reach out to me with questions. I hope you got a better sense of Durham and I’m looking forward seeing you in town!

The post 5 Things About Durham That’ll Surprise You appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Going to bed hoping to wake up to a good news tomorrow !

All the best guys ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
news anybody!? :?:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
khublani wrote:
news anybody!? :?:

Not here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
nothing yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Not yet. Nothing on Live Wire yet, either.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Invited!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
72murray wrote:
Invited!

Congrats! Where did you see it? Email? Portal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blueapple wrote:
72murray wrote:
Invited!

Congrats! Where did you see it? Email? Portal?

SISS Portal is updated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Invite as well!! - SISS portal
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
No update in SISS at all...
Does that mean DING?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts