Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 607 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
I am waiting for my interview call in Bangalore. And I would rather concentrate my energy on preparing for the interviews than worrying about when/if they are gonna call me.

So, can someone who has attended the interview share his/her experience? Or do we have any parallel thread about that?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Ajay1988 wrote:
Any update from guys who have chosen Bangalore as interview location?

I have not yet got application completion mail. Have you received it?

Bangalore preference candidates have been getting app completion mail since feb 1st
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GRE 1: Q800 V600
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
I have got my completion mail today. Gave Mumbai as preference
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jojojoseph wrote:
Ajay1988 wrote:
Any update from guys who have chosen Bangalore as interview location?

I have not yet got application completion mail. Have you received it?

Bangalore preference candidates have been getting app completion mail since feb 1st

Finally...! I have got my "Application complete mail today". Now the wait begins for an interview call. Any idea when the interviews for Bangalore are scheduled?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Ajay1988 wrote:

Finally...! I have got my "Application complete mail today". Now the wait begins for an interview call. Any idea when the interviews for Bangalore are scheduled?

Good News buddy.

Invite for Bangalore interview would start rolling next week.
Bangalore interviews will be held on Feb 19,20,21
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Guys, do well in your interview.

Dont forget to share your interview experience. Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: The ISB-YLP Edge
ISB believes that leaders can be identified early and mentored such that they realize their true potential. TheYoung Leaders Programme (YLP) has been introduced with this motive in mind. It is an exacting foundation that gives college students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s studies – a head start to their MBA dream. With the Young Leaders Programme, admits get mentored through a structured leadership programme, get access to the school’s network, plus exclusive scholarships.

The advantages of an early admission can be enumerated:

Leadership Development:

With a plethora of activities, the campus is always buzzing and the learning never ends, even during the 2 years that you are working. Time management, prioritizing and organizing, ability to take quick decisions and socializing – these skills are imbibed in YLP candidates at a young age.

– Rishi Ayyer, a YLP admit and student of the PGP Class of 2016.

You also build your network on campus. That, somehow gives you confidence and makes you modest at the same time.

Make Bold Moves: Once you get through YLP, it only makes you fearless. Being a YLP admit, you still have two years to explore your options. Applying early gives you assurance, and allows you to focus on your work during the two years, rather than building your MBA profile. An alumni from the PGP Class of 2015, Sukriti Patny, quoted –

Since I knew about the admission offer when I was in college itself, I was more focused on placements, and in trying to find a job that would give me substantial work experience in 2 years. Also, it helped me figure out what kind of industry and function I wanted to work in.

The YLP also prepared Ankit Madaan (Class of 2016) for his ISB journey -

Ever since my under-graduation, I wanted to build a career in consulting. So, I took up consulting roles at American Express, which prepped me up for ISB’s PGP.

Having less work experience is a challenge, but, at the same time, very interesting because it gears you up for interactions with people who have deeper insights about various industries and helps you learn from them.

With the YLP – not only can you plan your career, but also life events as you have clarity at an early stage.

Exclusive Scholarships:

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur.YLP gave me time to understand industry structure better while securing my MBA dreams. I was able to plan my finances better, while being fortunate enough to receive a scholarship of Rs.10 lakhs which enhanced my decision of joining ISB this year. There was no burden of a student loan as I could pay the rest of the fee with my earnings from previous jobs.

– Samya Mishra, , a YLP admit and student of the PGP Class of 2016.

With the time that YLP bought her, she was able to concentrate on areas she was most interested in, and work towards her goal. She plans to launch her own venture, post ISB.

So go ahead and make a head start today, by applying to the Young Leaders Programme here . For tips on how to fill your application form, click here 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: The ISB-YLP Edge
ISB believes that leaders can be identified early and mentored such that they realize their true potential. TheYoung Leaders Programme (YLP) has been introduced with this motive in mind. It is an exacting foundation that gives college students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s studies – a head start to their MBA dream. With the Young Leaders Programme, admits get mentored through a structured leadership programme, get access to the school’s network, plus exclusive scholarships.

The advantages of an early admission can be enumerated:

Leadership Development:

With a plethora of activities, the campus is always buzzing and the learning never ends, even during the 2 years that you are working. Time management, prioritizing and organizing, ability to take quick decisions and socializing – these skills are imbibed in YLP candidates at a young age.

– Rishi Ayyer, a YLP admit and student of the PGP Class of 2016.

You also build your network on campus. That, somehow gives you confidence and makes you modest at the same time.

Make Bold Moves: Once you get through YLP, it only makes you fearless. Being a YLP admit, you still have two years to explore your options. Applying early gives you assurance, and allows you to focus on your work during the two years, rather than building your MBA profile. An alumni from the PGP Class of 2015, Sukriti Patny, quoted –

Since I knew about the admission offer when I was in college itself, I was more focused on placements, and in trying to find a job that would give me substantial work experience in 2 years. Also, it helped me figure out what kind of industry and function I wanted to work in.

The YLP also prepared Ankit Madaan (Class of 2016) for his ISB journey -

Ever since my under-graduation, I wanted to build a career in consulting. So, I took up consulting roles at American Express, which prepped me up for ISB’s PGP.

Having less work experience is a challenge, but, at the same time, very interesting because it gears you up for interactions with people who have deeper insights about various industries and helps you learn from them.

With the YLP – not only can you plan your career, but also life events as you have clarity at an early stage.

Exclusive Scholarships:

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur.YLP gave me time to understand industry structure better while securing my MBA dreams. I was able to plan my finances better, while being fortunate enough to receive a scholarship of Rs.10 lakhs which enhanced my decision of joining ISB this year. There was no burden of a student loan as I could pay the rest of the fee with my earnings from previous jobs.

– Samya Mishra, , a YLP admit and student of the PGP Class of 2016.

With the time that YLP bought her, she was able to concentrate on areas she was most interested in, and work towards her goal. She plans to launch her own venture, post ISB.

So go ahead and make a head start today, by applying to the Young Leaders Programme here . For tips on how to fill your application form, click here 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools: ISB '18
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
longfellow wrote:
longfellow wrote:
Got an invite: Delhi-7th Feb

Hi souvik15,

5+ years experience in financial services industry. Please PM for any further details.

Congratulations for the invite. I had the same case as yours.

Best of luck for the interview.

Thanks kunalarora23
I remember reading your debrief earlier wherein you seemed to have had a good interview. Any thoughts why the 'ding'?
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Kudos
longfellow wrote:
kunalarora23 wrote:
longfellow wrote:

Hi souvik15,

5+ years experience in financial services industry. Please PM for any further details.

Congratulations for the invite. I had the same case as yours.

Best of luck for the interview.

Thanks kunalarora23
I remember reading your debrief earlier wherein you seemed to have had a good interview. Any thoughts why the 'ding'?

Well, what I have gathered from various discussions I had post ISB R1 results (with current students, alums etc) that interview shortlist is kind of GMAT score neutral i.e. even if with a bad score and a good profile you may get an interview call. Post interview they kind of add everything i.e. GMAT, experience, interview score, extra-curricular and then make the cut. Remember all these views are of very few people I had talked to, they may not be correct/accurate! So what could have probably hurt my chances are:
1. Low GMAT score (had a 640)
2. Higher competition from Financial Services background
3. More focus on IT and ITES based people (counter-intuitive) since maximum jobs are coming from e-commerce and IT.
4. Multiple job switch (4) in 6 years of total experience

Again, these are my best guess. Though would like to understand from ISB better once the admission season get over.

Let me know in case of any other queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anybody done with the interview ???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All, Done with my interview yesterday.

It was pretty cool and started with usual question like brief your profile, Why MBA, Why ISB and your qualities.
Just be thorough with what you have written in essays, they will literally pick almost all points from your essays.
Since I am from Financial services, couple of questions were asked on same.

Overall experience was good...not that grilling as I was expecting.

Hoping for the best. The waiting period starts!!!

All the best to all :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rachitarora wrote:

It was pretty cool and started with usual question like brief your profile, Why MBA, Why ISB and your qualities.
Just be thorough with what you have written in essays, they will literally pick almost all points from your essays.

How did your one word essay thing go? Were any guesstimate questions asked?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey guys, my application portal's been showing the Application status as completed for quite some time.

Application Completion Status:
Completed

Your application has been verified and found complete. Further update on short-listing will be available approximately 5 to 7 days before your interview, if shortlisted, for the interview location you have chosen. Request you to bear with us, till we communicate further.

But I have got no mail from the adcom saying the same. Should I be worried ? I submitted on 12th Jan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All, Done with my interview today at Hyderabad.

The interview was fine. I was allotted to panel 3.

They started with the incident that I talked about in my first essay (Professional achievement) - like why it happened, how it happened, how did i tackle etc and asked me a lot of question on that.
They had completely gone through the application (every word of it)

After this, they actual started the interview and followed it up with the usual questions -
Why did you choose your post mba career to take up the role of "x"?,
How will ISB help you perform better in the role of "x"?
Why not stay back in the current organization ?
Why specifically ISB and how will you contribute?
Why not part time mba?

Since I am from IT and with 8+ yrs of experience, they questioned me on my post mba aspirations a lot and questioned me on what if I did not get a job that I was looking for post ISB?

Hoping for the best. The wait begins now!

All the best everybody!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Ajay1988 wrote:
rachitarora wrote:

How did your one word essay thing go? Were any guesstimate questions asked?

Don't worry about one word essay much, you will get time to browse and read. No guesstimate for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Invited for interview on Feb 13 in Hyderabad! Are the dates of the interview non-negotiable?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts