Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CEIBS '18 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CEIBS '18 (A)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all CEIBS(Shanghai) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rmmelwani wrote:
To MBA or not to MBA – that is the question.

The MBA has a lot of critics. Many say that it’s an outdated qualification that has no real value in today’s business world which requires highly specialized skills. I, however, disagree with this wholeheartedly. I chose to do my MBA in China simply because being around like-minded people, yet in a completely new environment is opening doors to opportunities that I would never have otherwise had the chance to experience. Everyday my mind is being stretched and exposed to new industries and ways of thinking.

I decided to do my MBA at Chine Europe International School (CEIBS) in particular because of the truly unique experience that it offers – an MBA taught in English by professors from all over the world in the dynamic and exciting metropolis that is Shanghai, which sits on edge of the largest and most economically exciting country on earth. In the last 6 months I have learned about the Chinese people – how they think and what they value – I have been able to create my own first-hand understanding of this often-misunderstood country. I have had a chance to appreciate the differences between the West and the East, and I have expanded my network to more nationalities and industries than I ever thought possible.

Take what happened to me just this morning as a perfect example – I am currently in Hong Kong for the Chinese New Year holiday and through a professor I got in touch with the Director of Structured Investments of one of China’s largest Private Equity firms. We had an interesting discussion about an industry that I did not even know existed – hydroponic agriculture. Another recent example that has been of great value to me is the endless business competitions that are available for us to compete in at CEIBS. Even with no experience in the consulting industry, I was able to work with people who do have experience in the industry and understand their approach in terms of way of thinking and presenting deliverables. The point is, without an MBA from CEIBS I would never have been able to gain access to such people and information. Like everything, the whole experience does have its drawbacks but these are nothing in comparison to what I have gained thus far on this journey.

Nice post, doing an MBA does stretch your mind and open up new ways of thinking
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all CEIBS(Shanghai) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All CEIBS Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All CEIBS Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All CEIBS Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated CEIBS Forum to dive into all things related to CEIBS's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts