Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process

quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!

Date of interview and interview brief pls..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
aditi.tyagi05 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

quick update:

Date of interview and interview brief pls..

Feb 24 off site via Skype

Interview started off with an elevator speech. 5 year plan, immediate plan etc.

Most important note is to be prepared to back your stories up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anyone still stuck up with "Application Completed" status? Its killing me!! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
saurbhd wrote:

yup...me too...i wrote them a mail yesterday asking about the status of my application and the fact that its been more than a month since i had submitted it..and they reverted that it takes 6-8 weeks to review the application (meh.. :? ) and they'll let me know when it does get completed
in the meantime..i have admit from HKUST and ISB..with having to revert to ISB by 15th Mar 2016... and HKUST by end of this month...no idea what m supposed to do..
Duh!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nandinibasu27 wrote:
saurbhd wrote:

yup...me too...i wrote them a mail yesterday asking about the status of my application and the fact that its been more than a month since i had submitted it..and they reverted that it takes 6-8 weeks to review the application (meh.. :? ) and they'll let me know when it does get completed
in the meantime..i have admit from HKUST and ISB..with having to revert to ISB by 15th Mar 2016... and HKUST by end of this month...no idea what m supposed to do..
Duh!!

I attended a webinar session recently. They are still indeed reviewing apps as they come in.

Just view it as a positive sign that you don't have a rejection yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow nandinibasu27
U got an admint from ISB and HKUST then you dont have to worry about NUS. Both are better than NUS.
Congratulations for your admits!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
saurbhd wrote:
wow nandinibasu27
Both are better than NUS

I hope I don't offend you
but Seriously ??? on what parameters - some stupid rankings?
Both are good schools, and so is NUS.
Many would prefer NUS over ISB (or for that matter any Indian b-schools) for various reasons...

If you wrote it just to give him some moral support then it's fine, but I would never say x,y,z is better than a,b,c w/o specifying on what grounds
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Apologies in case I offended you...but I would stick to my argument as both are better than NUS even ISB because with the growing market India is at the moment the opportunities of growth and development are tremendous. I have worked in Singapore for some time and even though it is one of the best countries to live/work the growth opportunities are limited because of the size of the market. ISB on the other hand offers you loads of options like entrepreneurship, starting from setting up your own venture and thus tapping the vast resource pool available, to joining a MNC, for whom India is a preferred location because of resource availability and potential to expand.
Again, no offences meant.
Peace Peace Peace!!!!
Courtesy: Mahatama Gandhi.
:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
saurbhd wrote:
Apologies in case I offended you...but I would stick to my argument as both are better than NUS even ISB because with the growing market India is at the moment the opportunities of growth and development are tremendous. I have worked in Singapore for some time and even though it is one of the best countries to live/work the growth opportunities are limited because of the size of the market. ISB on the other hand offers you loads of options like entrepreneurship, starting from setting up your own venture and thus tapping the vast resource pool available, to joining a MNC, for whom India is a preferred location because of resource availability and potential to expand.
Peace Peace Peace!!!!

agree to disagree - Singapore opens doors to markets in the South East Asia region, even to the Far East, it's much more than just Singapore.

This is coming to a guy who is finally coming back "home" to try something new after being outside for some years
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Agreed...Singapore is a great place...I personally prefer to be at NUS than to any college in the region. For someone who has witnessed Europe, India and Singapore, I would rank India, Singapore and Europe in that order when it comes to kind of grass root level opportunities.
Again...PEACE!! :) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
saurbhd wrote:
Peace Peace Peace!!!!

Your argument about Singapore being a less lucrative market than India can be weakened by the fact that the NUS MBA is a much more global degree than the ISB MBA, so a grad from NUS will have opportunities not just in Singapore but also elsewhere. ISB is great if you're sure you never want to move out of India but if you want to become a global leader I wouldn't recommend ISB. With 95% of its class being Indian, ISB also doesn't provide the global exposure that is very essential to become a leader of a multi-national corporation.

Again, both are great programs and you can't go wrong with either but calling one better than the other is a stretch.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:

quick update:

Hi, can you let me know who were taking the interviews? alumni or students or profs
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
shri1987 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:

quick update:

Hi, can you let me know who were taking the interviews? alumni or students or profs

adcom director and a prof from biz sch
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:

quick update:

Congrats on the admit. I have been admitted too but they told me that I will be informed about the scholarship after I pay the initial deposit. Was it the same case for you or did they include the scholarship award within the admit email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
husnainramay wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:

quick update:

Congrats on the admit. I have been admitted too but they told me that I will be informed about the scholarship after I pay the initial deposit. Was it the same case for you or did they include the scholarship award within the admit email?

it was included in like the very bottom of the admittance email.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I submitted application on 26 Feb for MSBA programme

However when i check application status in portal it shows submitted online

and when i view checklist
All items scores, essays etc are shown with Red cross sign
only recommendation letters are shown with green sign

What does this mean ? I have submitted all items in application
Mailed them , i got autoreply that they are checking applications and will take time.

Thnks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I just had my interview. It didn't go really well, with the prof kinda happy with my candidature but the adcom director wasn't convinced abt how i hope to achieve my goal by joining NUS.
Anyway fingers crossed. Can anyone tell me what's the conversion rate like... how many people generally get shortlisted for interview and how many eventually make it?

Questions revolved around the basics of finance since i come from a sales and trading background and rest of them were hr type questions: why mba, goal, etc. - 20-25 min interview
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts