Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Haas '18 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
jollity wrote:
Got my invite yesterday. European (Austria) living in the US. I was also wondering how they are conducting all interviews before the decision release deadline. I could select my interview date from five different dates. One was 3/28 (after release deadline).

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for letting us know, this cleared things up for me. I was indeed wondering a) whether interview would be conducted before March 24th and b) whether Berkeley wanted the interview result to be known before March 24th.
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Evening & Weekend MBA Entrepreneur Aims to Be Patently Successful
The ability to “fail forward” is an essential trait for entrepreneurs. After Alexander Polyansky’s first business venture folded, he moved forward by gaining specific subject-matter skills on the job and by learning at Berkeley-Haas the pragmatic and strategic basics of how to run a business.

Following his undergraduate studies, Alex had first put his engineering background to work studying innovation and examining others’ inventions as a patent examiner at the US Patent & Trademark Office. In 2013, he enrolled in the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program.

Six months into his studies, a classmate introduced him to a patent attorney at UC Berkeley’s Skydeck accelerator. “Four hours later, we had the idea that became Nventi,” says Alex, the startup's co-founder and COO.

Nventi converts patent data (“a very rich source,” says Alex) into meaningful visualizations and analytics to help engineers and entrepreneurs navigate the technical design process.

Among this MBA entrepreneur's standout influencers: Dean Lyons for his commitment to the Haas commnity; Industrial Engineering Professor Lee Fleming for his research and contribution to Nventi’s proof-of-concept; Innovation and Design Lecturer Clark Kellogg for his approach to problem solving, creativity, and collaboration;  Assistant Professor Yaniv Konchitchki for insights into how to set up and position finances; and Entrepreneurship Lecturer David Charron for his introduction to the business models and strategies used by successful entrepreneurs.

“I love being able to apply what I learned in the classroom at Nventi,” says Alex. “There is no better way to learn and benefit from your studies.”

Over the past year, Nventi has made tremendous progress and will soon deploy a functional web application at UC Berkeley and the UC system. Alex attributes much of this success to the outstanding team that he and his co-founder Saad Enam have built, his professors, the Haas Alumni Network, and the Skydeck startup accelerator.

“The entrepreneurial environment at Berkeley is as good as it gets,” says Alex.

Learn more about the resources available through the Berkeley-Haas Entrepreneurship Program to MBA students launching ventures.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
Send PM
Under review since 2/5.

Still nothing.

My guess is they hated my song and tossed my application aside :(

Should have picked another song to talk about, argh!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Wilch wrote:
Under review since 2/5.

Still nothing.

My guess is they hated my song and tossed my application aside :(

Should have picked another song to talk about, argh!

Same here. Has anyone from the southeast gotten an invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
I'm from the southeast and have not gotten an interview invite. Applied on the R2 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
jollity wrote:
Got my invite yesterday. European (Austria) living in the US. I was also wondering how they are conducting all interviews before the decision release deadline. I could select my interview date from five different dates. One was 3/28 (after release deadline).

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! When did you application change to "Under Review"?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Here is latest on R2 interview invitations based on profile updates on forum by the users.

19 invites reported on forum so far. 5 from US, 1 from China, Australia, and Armenia each, 3 Consortium, and 8 applicants from undisclosed locations. We request everyone to keep your latest application status on forum profile so as to reflect the same in data tables below.

General Applicant Pool

Consortium Applicant Pool

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Lookingforanswers wrote:
jollity wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! When did you application change to "Under Review"?

Hi - I don't know when the status changed online but I got the 'your application is under review email' on 1/15.

That's the email I'm referring to: Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Berkeley MBA Program at the Haas School of Business. Your application is now ready for review by the admissions committee.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Considering an Executive MBA? An EMBA Admissions Consultation Can Help
Am I too young for an executive MBA program? Too old? Do I still have time to apply? If you’re wondering about these or other questions related to the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program, a personal consultation with an admissions officer will provide answers.

“These are not sales people. They genuinely have your best interest at heart,” says Mercedes Broening, CIO and managing director, JMP Securities, who was reassured to learn more about “the caliber of the students and the content of discourse,” she could expect—and has found—in the Berkeley EMBA program.

A one-on-one consultation helped Dominic Garetto, vice president at Sunseap Group, “thoroughly understand the offering.” He says the consultation “brought the program to life and clarified both the rewards and the challenges.” This was especially important since he would be moving his family from Singapore before starting the program.

Gui
llaume Lardeux, senior vice president at Genesys
, who started the application process with only a short runway before the final round deadline, appreciated having the process laid out in detail. “Susan Petty gave me valuable insights on how to prioritize steps and my time during the application process,” Guillaume says. 

Both Dominic and Guillaume also found that the consultation validated their understanding of the international aspects of the program and the global business experience of their likely classmates.

Adam Kerin, a product marketing manager at Qualcomm, focused his consultation on how to present himself during the application process. “They helped me understand that instead of being a strike against me, my youth can be a sought-after characteristic in creating a diverse class. That really boosted my confidence,” he says.

From class visits to open houses to networking events, there are many ways to explore the Berkeley MBA for Executives. “Be sure to take advantage of all the touchpoints,” Guillaume advises, “especially one of the most pleasant and productive—a personal consultation with the Admissions Office.”

Susan Petty, Berkeley MBA for Executives Admissions

If you'd like to talk, request a personal consultation today. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Executive MBA Students Explore Policy Making in DC
In December, students in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program traveled to Washington, DC for their final field immersion before graduation.

While there, the executive MBA students met with Federal Reserve Chairman and Haas Professor Emeritus Janet Yellen. Berkeley-Haas Professor Laura Tyson, a former economic advisor to Presidents Clinton and Obama, leads the immersion, which allows students to go behind the scenes in Washington and dig deeper into the development of the policies that affect their professions and their companies’ business decisions. 

EMBA student David Dietrich found the experience very valuable. “To go to the boardroom of the Fed and meet Chair Yellen—and to know that she had reviewed our bios ahead of meeting us, that she clearly had an understanding of our backgrounds, and had tailored her presentation—created such a lasting impression,” he says.

The students also visited the National Press Club for a panel discussion by Prof. Tyson, NBC journalist Andrea Mitchell, and Pulitzer Prize-winning Wall Street Journal correspondent David Wessel, and capped the week with a formal dinner at the Italian Embassy.

Professor Laura Tyson with journalists Andrea Mitchell and David Wessel.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Is there any hope at all for an interview invite at this point?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Lookingforanswers wrote:

At least you got invites from other top schools. I contacted the admissions last week and as I was told the invites are on a rolling basis and they will be sending up until the decision date which is March 24th. So do not loose hope yet. My application was under review since 2/8 and haven't heard anything.
Anyone received "Under review" but not invite?
Drilling wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:

At least you got invites from other top schools. I contacted the admissions last week and as I was told the invites are on a rolling basis and they will be sending up until the decision date which is March 24th. So do not loose hope yet. My application was under review since 2/8 and haven't heard anything.
Anyone received "Under review" but not invite?

Mine's been under review for a long time. This process is so brutal, doubtful I'll get an interview invite from Haas. Been working on some extra applications for round 3. At this point I'm just praying for an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Lookingforanswers wrote:

Full-time Haas MBA Class of 17 here - it was precisely a year ago today (3/13) that I got invited to interview, just 10 days before the decision date! Keep the faith, it can happen at the last minute. I seem to remember there was less than a week between my interview and the offer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Invited to interview :): to all of those who still haven't received any news don't lose hope until the last day, it can still happen !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
Send PM
Lazure wrote:
Invited to interview :): to all of those who still haven't received any news don't lose hope until the last day, it can still happen !

What time slots are open to you? Are they all local alumni interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
Did you get an email or online portal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts