Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 2.67
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.68
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Did anyone get dinged or did we all just get moved to the WL?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.68
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
This is helpful, thank you! Didn't have enough time to prepare R2 application. Need to rework my essay now and get another RL.

qnagaoka wrote:
Here is a summary from other posts on increasing your chances of getting off the wait list:

1) Attend a class
2) Make sure admissions knows Haas is your number one choice
3) Rework your weakest essay
4) Find one more person to make a recommendation
5) Enroll in a math class if you have a weak quant background
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 2.67
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi
I need some piece of advice over here. I applied on R2 and got wait listed. I think I could have done better with my essays. I am a software professional and have recently formed a company in India. Its an educational platform kind of a market place. I have two more partners who are in India. I manage the company from San Francisco. I also have an engineering team of 4 people working full time for me from India office. I did mention about my start up but was not very vocal about the people I manage on a daily basis.

I do plan to go back and give full time to my company in three years. So, here are things I need advice on...

1. Who should actually write my third recommendation - my partners, one of my employees or someone senior on my current job??
2. Should I write a new essay or just modify the existing one?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi everyone! I was a R1 wait list who was admitted this week and thought I would share my approach since it seems a lot of people are trying to be strategic about their next move. I carefully re-evaluated my application and found I was happy with all of my initial materials so I focused on the 3rd recommendation. Thankfully, I had an idea of what my first two letters said about me so when I went for a third I knew I wanted someone who could touch on my abilities and successes in the context of another one of Haas's Defining Principles. I made sure the person knew that I was looking to highlight that (particularly "Students Always") and I think it really helped. In addition, I attended a class which may not have influenced their decision but definitely made me sure that Haas is where I wanted to be.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Not from your employees. It has to be from someone who directly/indirectly managed you or someone who worked with you (cross functional team). I don't know much about partners... Perhaps it could work? I would recommend asking adcom.

Please educate them on Haas principles and provide a few things you would like them to highlight in the recommendation; that would really help.

amardeep03 wrote:
Hi
I need some piece of advice over here. I applied on R2 and got wait listed. I think I could have done better with my essays. I am a software professional and have recently formed a company in India. Its an educational platform kind of a market place. I have two more partners who are in India. I manage the company from San Francisco. I also have an engineering team of 4 people working full time for me from India office. I did mention about my start up but was not very vocal about the people I manage on a daily basis.

I do plan to go back and give full time to my company in three years. So, here are things I need advice on...

1. Who should actually write my third recommendation - my partners, one of my employees or someone senior on my current job??
2. Should I write a new essay or just modify the existing one?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="apsahota"]Not from your employees. It has to be from someone who directly/indirectly managed you or someone who worked with you (cross functional team). I don't know much about partners... Perhaps it could work? I would recommend asking adcom.

Please educate them on Haas principles and provide a few things you would like them to highlight in the recommendation; that would really help.

[quote="amardeep03"]Hi

1. Who should actually write my third recommendation - my partners, one of my employees or someone

Ideal is current or former supervisor. If unable because you have been self employed for a long time, then you should use a business partner or a client - ideally both. This is standard for all schools. Some schools like to see optional letters from "community" organizations for which you volunteer.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ideal is current or former supervisor. If unable because you have been self employed for a long time, then you should use a business partner or a client - ideally both. This is standard for all schools. Some schools like to see optional letters from "community" organizations for which you volunteer.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Good luck to all R4 applicants! 2 more days to polish your application :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied in R4 for one of the Evening cohorts.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.49
Send PM
Applied for R4 on 4/24, got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview on campus. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
same here
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bjy wrote:
Applied for R4 on 4/24, got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview on campus. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Got an invite email for interview on campus too.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GRE 1: Q156 V159
Send PM
Applied for R4 on April 24th, received on campus interview request April 27th, and I have a Skype style interview tomorrow (I currently live in Germany), so fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
bjy wrote:

Same here, good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bjy wrote:

I applied in R4 on 4/25 and haven't gotten an interview invite. Am I out of luck??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JayYang wrote:
bjy wrote:

Got an invite email for interview on campus too.

When did you turn in your application?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.49
Send PM
henryongmat wrote:
bjy wrote:

I applied in R4 on 4/25 and haven't gotten an interview invite. Am I out of luck??

Not sure, has anyone been put on waitlist from R4?

The invitation was also via email, so double check your spam! Good luck!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts