Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Molson (Concordia) 2016 Winter & Fall Intakes: Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
WayneHam wrote:
shivaangsharma wrote:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the Quebec level reputation of JMSB is like? and how difficult is it for a non french speaking Canadian to get a job following an MSc (non MBA) degree from this institution?

Thanks so much for helping me with this!

Best,
Shivaang.

You need to elaborate on your question. You didn't even specify what your MSc would be in and didn't specify if you were talking about getting employment specifically in Quebec after graduation. On top of that, you're basically asking for a comparison of Concordia to all other universities in Quebec. There's quite a few schools in Quebec and Montreal is quite different from other cities in the province, especially in terms of getting a job as a non-french speaking Canadian.

Degree: MSc. Management (2 year program - Sep 2016 commencement)

Naturally, as my question implied, I will be seeking a job in Quebec. Furthermore, I am asking for a rep comparison between John Molson School of Business with other business schools which is the point of applying to b-schools in the first place. Lastly, I am aware Montreal is different from other cities, with a strong french speaking culture, hence my question. I would appreciate if anyone else with relevant knowledge could assist me with this query, Im also certain it will help others applying to graduate level programs at this school. Usually I tend to get responses from those who have superficial knowledge on this issue.

Best,
Shivaang.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Molson (Concordia) 2016 Winter & Fall Intakes: Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
dominicraj wrote:
Hi,

I have been accepted to the JMSB Full Time program fall intake for 2016.

Would love to connect with any other gmatclub folks who are planning to join the program.

Best Regards,
Dominic

Got accepted into their MSc Management program starting in Sep'16. Have accepted the offer. Hope to see you there. :) Feel free to PM me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
vignesh12r,

I have admit from McMaster MBA and Laurier MBA. Currently waiting for schulich MBA decision. R u planning to join JMSB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello!

Got an admit from JMSB for Fall 2016 Intake - MBA Program - will be joining.
Anyone for Fall 2016 Intake?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
Send PM
Hi,

I have got admits from JMSB, University of Buffalo and Degroote.

Can anyone here suggest me which school would be better in terms of Employment post studies ?

Although I have plans of joining JMSB, just trying for the last shot !!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Sharmar10 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone here suggest me which school would be better in terms of Employment post studies ?

Thanks

Hi brother

All the three universities are different in terms of ROI/Reputation/Brand.
Now the question is: "What do you really want from your MBA?"
JMSB will offer you best ROI, above average reputation and above average brand but if you are looking only for employment post studies irrespective of the tuition fees, go for Uni of Buffalo but make sure you are ready to face high competition in the US.
I don't see a point in going to DeGroote because it neither is great in terms of ROI nor is great in terms of reputation.

I am going to JMSB because it offers me all the three things mentioned above.

Good luck with your R&D, do let us know your final decision.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

May I know how many of you are applying for the student VISA all by yourselves?
Can we connect?#9717617479

Intern
Intern
Send PM
aanjanmidha wrote:
Sharmar10 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Hi brother

All the three universities are different in terms of ROI/Reputation/Brand.
Now the question is: "What do you really want from your MBA?"
JMSB will offer you best ROI, above average reputation and above average brand but if you are looking only for employment post studies irrespective of the tuition fees, go for Uni of Buffalo but make sure you are ready to face high competition in the US.
I don't see a point in going to DeGroote because it neither is great in terms of ROI nor is great in terms of reputation.

I am going to JMSB because it offers me all the three things mentioned above.

Good luck with your R&D, do let us know your final decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have accepted the offer from JMSB.

All of you who are looking to join JMSB sept 2016, Please share your number so that we can connect through https://gmatclub.com/chat !!

or connect with me on 9953616265

Thanks !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

I got the acceptance letter from Jmsb few days ago. I have 6 yrs work ex in hospitality industry, 68% in bachelors and Gmat 620 Q39 V35. Moreover I Have B1 proficiency in French language. I have applied to Sauder and Alberta as well. I would like to come with my spouse, Kindly share your experience.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
vignesh12r wrote:
Hello
I have got admit for the Sep 16 intake.
Will be joining JMSB.

Can you please share your profile?
VijayG6387 wrote:
bissasa wrote:

Profile evaluation Request

Hi All,

I am applying to very few schools and all three Canadian schools. Kindly evaluate my profile.

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%
Graduation: Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT : 620 ( AWA - 4 , IR - 5 , Quant- 50 Verbal - 23 )

Overall Work Experience ( 8 years ) : Implementing SAP Supply Chain Planning Solutions for manufacturing industries.

Currently working as a Senior Analyst , in one of the Big Four ( PWC)

Query : Will the lower score in Verbal be a problem or do they care about the overall GMAT . ( Saw Average gmat = 628 and minimum= 580 )

Generally all b-schools prefer a balanced score. But there are always exceptions and you can be one. :)
You could write IELTS to compensate and put that into your application. An IELTS overall score of 7.5 with no section less than 7 should be good I think.
In my opinion, the current verbal score will not be a killer, but will definitely catch the attention of the adcom. What are your thoughts on taking up the GMAT again?
You career looks good, but what about the extra-curriculars?
See if JMSB is doing a tour in India, as meeting them in person will give you a better idea and confidence. They might like you and choose to ignore the verbal score.

Regards,
Vj

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dominicraj wrote:
Hi,

I have been accepted to the JMSB Full Time program fall intake for 2016.

Would love to connect with any other gmatclub folks who are planning to join the program.

Best Regards,
Dominic

Can you please share your profile?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
jaymodi147 wrote:
Hi All,

I got admission in JMSB MBA sept 2016 intake.

Regards,
Jay

Hi, Can you please share your profile?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
aegluc wrote:
No other schools. McGill was interested in me but I wont pay 80k for the name. Im not interested in going outside North America. I have to do it part-time so no outside the city schools. The other opotion was HEC but i believe they don't offer part time in English...

So here I am at JMSB. Im sure the shcool is good. I have my bachelors at McGill. THey say it's good to try different schools.. :)

Curious if you are at JMSB now and how you are liking it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys! Is there a thread out there for the September 2018 intake? Been scouring through GMAT club but could not come across any. It would be great if somebody could direct me towards it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Molson Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Molson Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Molson Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Molson Forum to dive into all things related to Molson's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts