Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin(St.Louis) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
greenzie wrote:
I thought 20 April has always been the decision date. Was it 15 April previously?

No it has been 20th April from the start. I remember noticing it when I was starting my R4 application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin(St.Louis) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
apply201516 wrote:
greenzie wrote:
I thought 20 April has always been the decision date. Was it 15 April previously?

No it has been 20th April from the start. I remember noticing it when I was starting my R4 application.

Well well well!!! What should I say now. I was also of the opinion that decision date is 15th April. In fact I remember seeing it on the website. Anyway, nothing matters now. 20th is the final date. All the best to every applicant. :) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
R4 applicant, invited for interview April 7, interviewed April 11 and admitted today! Waiting for the package with scholarship info, anyone knows how long it takes?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Kudos
greenzie wrote:
R4 applicant, invited for interview April 7, interviewed April 11 and admitted today! Waiting for the package with scholarship info, anyone knows how long it takes?

Congrats!! :) Mine came shortly after. You should get an email within a couple of days
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I got an email from Ashley, Admitted...waiting for the official email now with more info :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Olin '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
International Applicant from India. Got invited for interview on 8th April. Interviewed with Jason on 15th and received Admit e-mail from Ashley yesterday. Great feeling (smile). Do we have an Admitted students' https://gmatclub.com/chat group?

Originally posted by AllforMBA on 19 Apr 2016, 00:47.
Last edited by AllforMBA on 19 Apr 2016, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
AllforMBA wrote:
International Applicant from India. Got invited for interview on 8th April. Interviewed with Jason on 15th and received Admit e-mail from Ashley yesterday. Great feeling (smile). Do we have an Admit students' https://gmatclub.com/chat group?

Yep, pm me your number

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
waitlisted.. :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Hey kartikc11, I pmed my number too. Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Bookmarks
So just for the international applicants who are wondering what the hiring prospect will be after graduation, some of us did a little study from the spreadsheet published on its website and got some questions. I sent the career centre and email to inquire about it, below are the e-mail transcript:

Dear Weston Career Centre,

My name is XXX, and I am a Canadian international student who is joining Olin's full time MBA program this August.

I have been doing some research and data analysis on the international MBA student's employment situation. I looked at the stats from class of 2015 (latest one available), and it turned out only about 31 students got employed after their MBA program. However, given each class is about 142 people, and roughly 40% of them are international students, it looks like there were about 57 international students, which meant almost half of them were not employed after their master education. This seems very concerning, can you please shed some light on the numbers I am seeing, and also provide some international students employment statistics and WCC's observations? Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
XXX

And the response is pasted below:

Hi XXX,

I can tell you that 97% of international MBA students who were seeking employment had jobs after graduating last year. I’m not sure where you got the 31 number from, but it’s important to remember that not all students are seeking employment after graduation. Some are sponsored so they return home, others continue their education and some simply do not respond to our outreaches, so we have no way of tracking where they land.

Best,

Jill
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys... Please help me out here.

Simon - 65% scholarship
Olin- $20000 yearly scholarship

short term goal- consulting

Which one should I join?

Please reply!! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi.. I submitted my application on 27th April.. Although the deadline was over by then but on the website it is mentioned that there are also rolling admissions post that. So, wanted to know if the interview invites are still possible or not?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
just got waitlisted..... I once thought at this time it will either be an admission or a rejection, or is waiting list just a gentle way of rejection?
any one has any idea?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
verazheng wrote:
just got waitlisted..... I once thought at this time it will either be an admission or a rejection, or is waiting list just a gentle way of rejection?
any one has any idea?

Hi verazheng,

I think it means what it is - waitlisted. Although this late in the cycle it does seem to be the time to either accept or ding, but I think Olin is just waiting to see the confirmed number of accepted students who decide to join. The yield rate indicates that most people who get an offer do not end up joining, so Olin is likely just waiting for the 4th and 5th rounds of applicants to make their decisions. Chances are, at this point, you will get an offer because some other waitlisted applicants probably already went somewhere else. Did they tell you when you will receive the final official decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
stevkang8 wrote:
verazheng wrote:
any one has any idea?

Hi verazheng,

I think it means what it is - waitlisted. Although this late in the cycle it does seem to be the time to either accept or ding, but I think Olin is just waiting to see the confirmed number of accepted students who decide to join. The yield rate indicates that most people who get an offer do not end up joining, so Olin is likely just waiting for the 4th and 5th rounds of applicants to make their decisions. Chances are, at this point, you will get an offer because some other waitlisted applicants probably already went somewhere else. Did they tell you when you will receive the final official decision?

Hi stevkang

thank you for your reply! they didn't tell me about the final decision, but saying that they will work on the waiting list these days and try to render final decisions asap...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Olin Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Olin Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Olin Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Olin Forum to dive into all things related to Olin's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts