Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
"Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with or without an MBA from INSEAD. (short answer)"

ST/LT goals: how did you interpret this with OR without INSEAD question?

a) My plans does not depend on INSEAD
b) I should present one plan with and one plan without INSEAD
c) I can choose either with or without and should be fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
nechets wrote:
"Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with or without an MBA from INSEAD. (short answer)"

ST/LT goals: how did you interpret this with OR without INSEAD question?

a) My plans does not depend on INSEAD
b) I should present one plan with and one plan without INSEAD
c) I can choose either with or without and should be fine.

The school needs to figure out whether you are a good fit to their program and whether your pursuit for an MBA is valid. It's a tricky question that requires you to dig deep on why you chose INSEAD over other schools and imo it's a mix and mash of the following questions: Why INSEAD? Why now? How would an MBA from INSEAD help you with short and long term goals?

Also it's worth reading the expert's analysis.

Good luck :)

Originally posted by farrous13 on 19 Apr 2016, 10:38.
Last edited by farrous13 on 19 Apr 2016, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My understanding is that you can submit basically before 12:00 am on 21st. So if you're in the US you have until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon.

pria131 wrote:
That means the deadline is tomorrow 11:59 pm french time?
I am still editing my essay :| :?:

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
How long is everyone's CV? I figured that a CV can be longer than a one-page resume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
lohiaabhi wrote:
I had my first interview in my home city with a relatively young alum last week. She worked for years in the US and then returned to India to start up her own venture. She took me to a nice restaurant, put me at ease and we ended up talking for a little under 90 minutes or so.
It was pretty conversational. She had only read through my resume once and was not carrying my application essays or my resume with her. So she asked me to refresh her memory about my background, which I took as an opportunity to walk her through my resume and my experience. Next, we went into details about the company I work for, its market position etc. about which she was not totally informed, discussed the challenges that I overcame at work. She also asked me about my accomplishment at my previous workplace. We then discussed my career goals and she probed me on whether I am interested in entrepreneurship. It was a googly question and I blabbered about an idea I had and we spent some 5 minutes on it.
Next, we spent some time on why MBA, (I have an unusual profile - I already have an MBA from a top 10 institute in India) and that needed some explanation. She also wanted to understand whether MBA is just a stepping stone to my next position and if so why can't I already move to my target industry given my experience and background.
Towards the end, she asked me what other schools did I apply to and how am I going to finance my MBA. And finally, she gave me an opportunity to ask her questions, where I probed her on her INSEAD experience and related stuff. Surprisingly, almost as an afterthought, she asked "Do you like to party? INSEAD is a party school!"
She mentioned that I shall have no problem with academics and that I should spend time on career events and networking at INSEAD.
I left with a good feeling about the interview. The next one is lined up fro today!
Best

How did it go with your second interview???!!!! Tell us about i!. Mine is on the 24th!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
poland1984 wrote:
How long is everyone's CV? I figured that a CV can be longer than a one-page resume.

IMO an MBA CV should be no more than one page. Check this out: MBA Resume - Mistakes you can avoid!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q88 V82 DI82
WE:Corporate Finance (Finance)
Send PM
Submitted my app under R2.
Al'best fellow candidates...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Just had my first interview today - we met during lunch hour at a coffee shop close to the financial district. The alumna asked very straightforward questions like why Insead, why mba, why is now the right time, what do you like about consulting, what would you do if you didn't get in, etc. We had a conversation on my diversity essay, and her concern about my age (lack of work experience) as I will be 27 by the time classes start while the average class age is 29. I questioned her about her experience and motivations for going to Insead as well, and we wrapped up in under an hour. Lets see how the second one goes on Friday!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
madihaj wrote:
Just had my first interview today - we met during lunch hour at a coffee shop close to the financial district. The alumna asked very straightforward questions like why Insead, why mba, why is now the right time, what do you like about consulting, what would you do if you didn't get in, etc. We had a conversation on my diversity essay, and her concern about my age (lack of work experience) as I will be 27 by the time classes start while the average class age is 29. I questioned her about her experience and motivations for going to Insead as well, and we wrapped up in under an hour. Lets see how the second one goes on Friday!

How many years experience do you have? What is position/industry the interviewer is in?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V160
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
poland1984 wrote:

My CV was of 2 pages since i did not want to squeeze it into 1 page. In my opinion, not all achievements and good work that I have done can be explained by means of essay questions. So I took 2 pages to put in all that i wanted. I have seen some CV's of B-School graduates (from various schools) who apply for jobs after their MBA and many of them have 2 page CV's. So I think it should be OK.

I am a Round 2 Applicant
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
I have 4 years of full time work experience, will be close to 5 when matriculating. The interviewer was a Director in retail finance, whereas I'm in capital markets financial planning and analysis.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssk04 wrote:
poland1984 wrote:

My CV was of 2 pages since i did not want to squeeze it into 1 page. In my opinion, not all achievements and good work that I have done can be explained by means of essay questions. So I took 2 pages to put in all that i wanted. I have seen some CV's of B-School graduates (from various schools) who apply for jobs after their MBA and many of them have 2 page CV's. So I think it should be OK.

I am a Round 2 Applicant

Even though it's recommended not go over one page, I don't believe a CV of 2 pages will cause any harm. We tend to believe that the more we write the better. However, there are certain methods to condense and avoid redundant information. E.g. the application form has a space to include academic achievements in which will be considered redundant information if included on the CV. If you work on multiple projects, I wouldn't suggest listing all/most of them - concentrate on the ones that you had the most impact on (4 is enough to convince anyone of your worthiness)

It took me about 15 hours to research and form my CV. It's worth taking some time to figure out whether the one page CV applies to your case. Surely it was hard to let go of details. But once I cut'em loose, my CV looked and read better.

Some links that I found helpful:

Resume vs. Curriculum Vitae: What's the Difference?
Give your résumé a face lift
Tips and tools to Writing an effective CV / Resume
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have a confirmation that my references have been submitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
farrous13 wrote:

Good luck to you farrous - seems you really set your mind on INSEAD so I hope you see good results.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V160
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:

Yes, I also received a confirmation on 21st April that my application is complete.

Primary contact from Admissions team : JM

So now the wait begins .... :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
What if I attached the wrong CV in my application? Help People :oops: :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
pria131 wrote:
What if I attached the wrong CV in my application? Help People :oops: :?

If you think that's a real possibility (you could have checked after uploading), send your CV to your AO explaining what happened
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts