Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Applicants: January 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Hello Everyone. I will be applying for Schulich Jan-2017 intake.

I had a question.

Can we use a recommendation from a senior who has quit the job (where we worked for about 3 years together) and joined someplace else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GPA: 3.9
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi there!
The letter must be printed in paper with the company´s heading so it´d better if you ask. All the concerns I had in my application process I asked to Graham -GSue@schulich.yorku.ca- He will reply you promptly and he is very nice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ijdpdo wrote:
Hi there!
The letter must be printed in paper with the company´s heading so it´d better if you ask. All the concerns I had in my application process I asked to Graham -GSue@schulich.yorku.ca- He will reply you promptly and he is very nice.

Hi ijdpdo,

I am yet to start my application. i found the following on schullish website and it looks like recommendation are filled up online. Am i missing something.

-------------------

Referees are required to use the reference form found through the online application system. Applicants must add their referees to the reference provider list. Once the list is saved, the referee will be sent a link to the online form. The completed form is automatically attached to your application and sent directly to the Graduate Admissions office.

Can my referee submit a letter instead of the form?

No. All references must be submitted using the form found on the online application system. The comments section will allow for any additional information about the applicant to be shared.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GPA: 3.9
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Yes there is a form. But one of my referees told me that he had attached a recommendation letter because there is an option to do so. Other of my referees didn't attached a letter but filled the questionnaire instead. I think as long as the letter attached covers the aspects of the questionaire it might be ok. You can ask Graham anyway if you are not sure.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck everyone! I won't be able to manage this discussion actively so let me know if anyone is interested in leading this thread.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
wizardofcoconuts wrote:

I had a question.

Can we use a recommendation from a senior who has quit the job (where we worked for about 3 years together) and joined someplace else?

This is not specifically about Schulich, but in general Bschools expect to hear from someone who has worked closely with the applicant. So if your ex-senior knows you well and you are confident that she/he will be able to provide glimpse into your management skills, you should certainly ask his/her to provide recommendation letter.

Check out the article from GMATClub MBA Guide - "Best and Worst Recommenders" (Page # 82)

Good luck!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
wizardofcoconuts wrote:

I had a question.

Hi

Yes, you can ask your senior for the recommendation even though he has quit. Make sure you have the recommendation request sent to his new official ID (and not a personal email ID) though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all,

I applied for sept 2016 FT MBA but was given an option to either choose IMBA or MBA - India program. However, I didnt opt for either and was told by the admission committee that my application would be moved forward to consider for Jan 2017 intake. Last week I got update that they will get back to me once they start reviewing the applications. Has anyone submitted their applications?...

Also please enlighten me on the early pool scholarships and the time when they start reviewing the applications...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
Send PM
vijaysuman4u wrote:
Hi all,

I applied for sept 2016 FT MBA but was given an option to either choose IMBA or MBA - India program. However, I didnt opt for either and was told by the admission committee that my application would be moved forward to consider for Jan 2017 intake. Last week I got update that they will get back to me once they start reviewing the applications. Has anyone submitted their applications?...

Also please enlighten me on the early pool scholarships and the time when they start reviewing the applications...

Hi Vijay ,

I have been given the option to either join Hyderabad September batch or Toronto January batch .
Since fee in Hyderabad is 15000 CAD less and same opportunities available through both the campuses , would you like to share the reason that made you reject India ?

Thanks,
Sachin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sachinrace wrote:
vijaysuman4u wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Vijay ,

I have been given the option to either join Hyderabad September batch or Toronto January batch .
Since fee in Hyderabad is 15000 CAD less and same opportunities available through both the campuses , would you like to share the reason that made you reject India ?

Thanks,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Though cost is a crucial factor in deciding the B-School, there are other factors which we need to dig more deeper. Both my sister and brother-in-law did their MBA from SP jain institute (Then schulich - India campus). However after going to toronto for the 2nd year, Schulich India students faced difficulty adjusting to the study culture and they lacked international exposure due to which they were not able to cope up much others academicallly and placement wise too. On average a FT toronto campus student gets placed within 3 months of graduation whereas an Indian campus student has to struggle a lot.

I rejected the India campus for the same. We are doing it for once in a lifetime and better do it at the best :) I rejected the IMBA as it is costlier than the FT.

Also, this is my opinion which I based on the networking done by me.I dont mean to say that Indian campus is waste but less beneficial compared to toronto program.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys,

My application for the sept'16 could not get reviewed (apparently, because of numerous applications) hence my application was moved to the Jan'17 intake. I contacted the school 2 days ago and they told me that the process for Jan session hasnt started yet. Is that true? Did anyone hear from school?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
It seems to be true. I submitted my application nearly 3 weeks ago but I haven't heard from them. Video essay was also submitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi ,

I too contacted the admissions team a month ago and got a reply that they haven't started reviewing the applications. Hopefully, they should start doing that as the time is bit close now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vijaysuman4u wrote:
Hi ,

I too contacted the admissions team a month ago and got a reply that they haven't started reviewing the applications. Hopefully, they should start doing that as the time is bit close now.

Yeah, I also feel a bit worried about the application status because of the time required to process visa for international application. Hope they would start reviewing the application now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
gnahanut wrote:
vijaysuman4u wrote:
Hi ,

Yeah, I also feel a bit worried about the application status because of the time required to process visa for international application. Hope they would start reviewing the application now.

I guess they must be busy wrapping up the September intake process. Hopefully they ll start the Jan intake process in early September. And visa doesnt really take too long. So even an admit given as late as end Oct or early Nov shouldnt be a problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hello All,

I just started my application for Jan 2017 intake.
I do not see any link to video essays in the portal. Can you please help me the location for video essays?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
There will be 1 additional email that has the video essay link inside after you submit the application. Don't worry.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts