Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
ReddyP, I think the combination of Indian, R2 and 3 years experience did not work for you well. And chances become more grim if you are male and are an IT professional. In my opinion, you can get a lot better admits next year in R1 if you gain the right experience and craft your essays carefully.

You may get even a full scholarship from BU as well. Most of the R1 guys from India with high score got that. Somehow I think it is more readily available to Indian IT people if they are applying for MS-MBA. I got a full scholarship with MS-MBA in R1. Also, it gives you a 29 month OPT against the 12 month OPT of normal MBA as per the current rule.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
I'd say I have one of the most unique background and it still didn't work out for me...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
The chances of getting a decent scholarship for a waitlisted candidate is thinner. At least this is what I was told by one of the alumni! I don't know how true is that though! Admit without a decent scholarship is more like a ding for me! :(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
The chances of getting a decent scholarship for a waitlisted candidate is thinner. At least this is what I was told by one of the alumni! I don't know how true is that though! Admit without a decent scholarship is more like a ding for me! :(

More or less the same case with me as well :?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Are internationals eligible to apply in R3?
How many of the waitlisted candidates from R2 had applied for MBA-MS program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Does that come under stem category?

No idea about that. Did you apply to the MS-MBA program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Nope! General management! :/

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
HS MBA for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Why do you ask about the MS MBA bazookabanger
On that topic an email went out explaining how the MBA MS info system is now MBA MS Digital Innovation do any of you guys have any thoughts on that or are looking to pursue that?
I have applied for the MBA-MS (IS) program in R3 and now since the program has been redesigned as MBA-MSDi so I wanted to know if any of the waitlisted candidates had also applied to the same program. I am not sure how different the MSDi program will be from the MSIS program and I would really appreciate any inputs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi (Potential) Incoming admits of Class of 2018!

I just went through this thread. I am surprised to see so many waitlists for International students. I am in BU MS-MBA Class of 2017. It was much easier the last year I think. I know at least 4 people in my batch (3 Indians and 1 American) who got full ride (including me).

I think it is because Questrom is really improving lately. I think we went up 2-3 ranks in US News this year.

If anyone has any questions PM me! I am happy to help. The extra busy curriculum of 2nd semester doesn't give me time to check out threads.

Better yet reach out to me on my e-mail chinmay[dot]d[at]gmail.com

I am also in the leadership position of MS-MBA Association and was helping out new admits about the confusion of MSIS vs MSDI in the admitted students weekend. I have prepared an e-mail to explain the basic differences that I will soon share here. Just a note, it totally qualifies for a STEM degree, and if you are planning to stay in the US after graduation, you should definitely opt for MSDI.

I will also make a post about my views of Questrom, the pros and cons, soon enough, if I manage to get any time from projects, meetings, internship search, and parties at all :)
Waitlisted :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
same here..waitlisted. Do typically waitlisted gets converted to an Admit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am R2 waitlist and I still haven't heard from them until now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts