Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Merage (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage(UC Irvine) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Was accepted into the EMBA program. No interview either.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage(UC Irvine) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
buzzwizz wrote:
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
Hi guys,

I just received my video interview invite. Can Anyone who has been through this let me know of their experience?.. Also, kindly request to post the questions that were asked.

Regards,
Jayanth

Hey Jayanth,

If its the video interview with recorded questions interview on kira talent platform, that you are talking about, I gave it couple of weeks ago. There were 3 questions.
The questions were pretty normal and non-standard. My internet connection got AWOL while I was on 3rd question so when I connected back, I got a new question.
Q1- If we talk to your colleagues , what all would we get to know about your strengths and weaknesses?
Q2- What is the most challenging aspect of managing a team?
Q3- Who is your most favorite innovator and why?(Discarded due to net connection)
Q4- In your line of work when did you provide an innovative solution to a problem?(Might come re-phrased)

But most probably, since these are non-standard questions, you might not get any of these. In any case, the questions wont be nothing you wont be able to imagine an answer to, in 30 seconds.
All the best :)

Hi there. Can you tell us how long you had for each question?

For example: Yale MBA only gave 60-90 seconds per question.
Source here: Clear Admit website

Thanks for the input!
John
Manager
Manager
Send PM
phha2016 wrote:
buzzwizz wrote:
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
Hi guys,

I just received my video interview invite. Can Anyone who has been through this let me know of their experience?.. Also, kindly request to post the questions that were asked.

Regards,
Jayanth

Hey Jayanth,

If its the video interview with recorded questions interview on kira talent platform, that you are talking about, I gave it couple of weeks ago. There were 3 questions.
The questions were pretty normal and non-standard. My internet connection got AWOL while I was on 3rd question so when I connected back, I got a new question.
Q1- If we talk to your colleagues , what all would we get to know about your strengths and weaknesses?
Q2- What is the most challenging aspect of managing a team?
Q3- Who is your most favorite innovator and why?(Discarded due to net connection)
Q4- In your line of work when did you provide an innovative solution to a problem?(Might come re-phrased)

But most probably, since these are non-standard questions, you might not get any of these. In any case, the questions wont be nothing you wont be able to imagine an answer to, in 30 seconds.
All the best :)

Hi there. Can you tell us how long you had for each question?

For example: Yale MBA only gave 60-90 seconds per question.
Source here: Clear Admit website

Thanks for the input!
John

Hey, you get 30 secs to prepare and then 90 secs to talk to about the topic. You can try out the sample question on the portal. It's of the same format.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I just got a mail saying that i am waitlisted!...:(

Any international waitlisted applicants?

Also, anyone has any idea on what are the chances of converting waitlist into an admit?
Intern
Intern
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
I just got a mail saying that i am waitlisted!...:(

Any international waitlisted applicants?

Also, anyone has any idea on what are the chances of converting waitlist into an admit?

I am an international applicant, but in a different situation. I currently work in the US and have applied and interviewed for the fully employed (part-time) program. Still waiting to hear back.
No idea on chances for waitlisted candidates but from my meeting with the admissions committee, they seemed very interested in each individual application and took the time to learn about the person behind each application. Hang in there!
Director
Director
Send PM
I just completed my video interview today. I will have to wait to hear for an interview call from 'em now.

jayanthjanardhan: Sorry to learn about the WL. After how many days from your interview have they released the decision?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received the email for a skype or in person interview last week. Applied R2 but my LOR's were submitted two weeks late.
I didn't receive a video interview. I'm from PA so I scheduled an in person interview for early April to check out the location before I made any decisions!

Does anyone have any more info about the in person interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R3 applicant -> Interviewed on 10th March -> received an email yesterday. Placed on Waitlist :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So any admits from round 3?...forum has been quite for a while now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
any waitlisted candidates hear back from the adcom?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got an admit guys!...soooo exciited....I was on waitlist from february.

Any watsapp group for admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
Send PM
Hi all,

I am a FEMBA applicant, and submitted my application by the April 1 deadline. It has been a month since my application was considered fully complete on the Merage portal. Has anyone heard back with a decision?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SKMBA25 wrote:
Hi all,

I am a FEMBA applicant, and submitted my application by the April 1 deadline. It has been a month since my application was considered fully complete on the Merage portal. Has anyone heard back with a decision?

I would give them a call if I were in your shoes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bguedes wrote:
SKMBA25 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I actually contacted them via email, and I was told my application is being reviewed by the admissions committee. I am not sure what the holdup is but I am hoping for the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
SKMBA25 wrote:
bguedes wrote:
SKMBA25 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I actually contacted them via email, and I was told my application is being reviewed by the admissions committee. I am not sure what the holdup is but I am hoping for the best!

Good luck on your application!
I am actually thinking about applying to Merage in a couple of years. I'm not sure if I will be going FT or FEMBA but may I ask for your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Kurai,

Thanks! Everything is out of my hands at this point as I already submitted my applications for FEMBA programs. I only submitted 2 applications: UCI Merage and UCLA Anderson.

My profile:
- GPA: 3.6
- GRE: 1300 (690 Quant, 610 Verbal; I took the old one a few years ago)
- Prior military (enlisted)
- Current Federal employee
- I am finishing up a MA degree this month (3.8 GPA)

Message me if you have any other questions. Good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, everyone. I'm joining this discussion a little late in the game but wanted to say hello. I've applied to Merage's and Anderson's FEMBA programs. Had both of my interviews last week, June 21st, and June 23rd respectively.

They said I should get a response within two weeks. One week left now
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts