Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Economics
GPA: 3.76
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Economics
GPA: 3.76
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Guys, could you please share your interview experiences/ questions asked, how should one prepare. pls.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Dear Fellow applicants,

I have applied to the MSCM course in R2. I wanted to know if any one has an interview invite already or by when can we expect one. I just learnt from a previous post that interview is compulsory. So does the college let you know that you are not selected for the course when they send out interview invites or do they let us know only after the final deadline ?

My profile:
1.GMAT : 640
2. Toefl : 115
3. 2 years of work experience as operations consultant (lean) for Daimler group. - Projects in India, U.S, Germany and Turkey.
4. B.Tech in Mech Eng. from NITK ( Consistently ranked top 10 in India) -7.26/10
5. Lot of valuable extra curricular activities.

I am quite concerned about my low Gmat score and work experience. Does anyone here have any comments regarding my chances ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
PrajwalMP wrote:
Dear Fellow applicants,

I have applied to the MSCM course in R2. I wanted to know if any one has an interview invite already or by when can we expect one. I just learnt from a previous post that interview is compulsory. So does the college let you know that you are not selected for the course when they send out interview invites or do they let us know only after the final deadline ?

My profile:
1.GMAT : 640
2. Toefl : 115
3. 2 years of work experience as operations consultant (lean) for Daimler group. - Projects in India, U.S, Germany and Turkey.
4. B.Tech in Mech Eng. from NITK ( Consistently ranked top 10 in India) -7.26/10
5. Lot of valuable extra curricular activities.

I am quite concerned about my low Gmat score and work experience. Does anyone here have any comments regarding my chances ?

Good profile but your GMAT is too low.
Most of the students who have got offer in R1 have 700+ scores
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

I received an interview invitation today. But my interview is scheduled on 20th May. People who have given interviews in 1st round please share your experiences. It will be really helpful.
:) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How was your interview with Eric ? And when you scheduled for second interview with Laura ? I am done with both interviews. With Eric it was kind of gossip but with Laura it was very direct, to the point.

Any other candidate received interview in round 2 ?

anuj1989m wrote:
Hello,

I received an interview invitation today. But my interview is scheduled on 20th May. People who have given interviews in 1st round please share your experiences. It will be really helpful.
:) :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
My Interview with Eric was simple one. As u said, it was kind of a gossip. Can you share what kind of question did Laura ask you and if anything i should keep in mind while preparing. My second interview is on 25th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.75
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

ROSS MSCM program is on the top of my list. I have applied to the program in Round 2 - got a few days late in submitting my application and just received an interview invite for next week June 2nd.
I read an earlier post saying interview is mandatory - but the website clearly states interview is by INVITE only, so I believe that implies not all who apply make it to the interview stage? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, how many of those who have the first round interview reach the second round interview?

Did candidates who applied in Round 1 also had 2 interviews or do requirements get more stringent in later rounds?

I am also concerned of my GMAT score but I am retaking my GMAT. Do none of the current students (or prospective students selected in round 2) received lesser than 700?

Thank you so much for your time in addressing my queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Tanya19,

Your right, you are one of those students who have been screened into interview round. Not everyone gets an interview invite.
All those invited for interview have to schedule 2 interviews (no matter which deadline you apply for), one for the course one more for Tauber institute.
Coming to your third question, yes, I am also a below 700 candidate with an interview call and I have both my interviews today. So I would like to believe the other aspects our application have offset the low gmat score. Let us hope for the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.92
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I have got a score of 640 on GMAT in Dec. 2014

What are my chances of getting selected in any one (MSCM/MBA) programs of Ross?

I have a work experience of 1.5 years in finance (Family Business,Small firm) and 6 months of experience as Assistant Team Leader in Logistics at Jaguar and Land Rover.I am further planning to continue the same job for another 6 months and then apply.I have completed my engineering in Industrial and I have got 74% ,in 12th I got 72% and in 10th I got 83%.I have accomplished many courses like CII Certifications,CILT certificate,also I am currently pursuing SCx X-series certification course from MIT at Edx.org,also I was very much involved in other co-curricular activities like I was the president of my branch in my college,Invented a new event at my college cultural festival,held a position of treasurer for a committee at college and was also involved in Music as I have completed two exams of TABLA (Indian Instrument),represented my branch in Table tennis,and was a vice-captain of my school cricket team.I also teach orphanage kids mathematics at an NGO every Sunday.

Also I am considering giving GMAT once again if required.Please guide.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Prajwal..

Good luck for your interviews today. Do share how it went and any tips :)

I got an invite to schedule only 1 interview so far.
So I am not sure if everyone gets invited for both?

Current class/Alum please shed some light on this, thank you.

Regards,
Tania
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you. The interviews went well. I would like to believe so :p just be urself. They did not ask me about the low score. They wanted know more about the projects that I have done at work and how the program compliments my goals. Both the interviews were on a similar line of questioning. One with respect to MSCM the other with respect to Tauber. All the best :) don't worry. You will also have to give the second interview, you will get the intimation mail to setup an interview soon.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
buffaloboy @sumit1989 Let us all know as soon as you guys hear about the results, I can hardly contain the anxiety already. All the best :) Hope you guys get in :)

I think I heard Eric say, they are meeting next week to finalize the selection of candidates. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys... what about the rest?

has everyone received 2 interview invites at the same time?
or the 2nd interview only after you cleared the first interview?

Please share, thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Tania, irrespective of your first interview outcome you will be invited for second interview. I believe while confirming first interview time slot you will be given a link to schedule second interview with Tauber rep probably Laura Turner. Only R2 and R3 applicants have to go through two rounds of interview.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there,

Yes thats what I heard from Prajwal as well that the email that confirms interview 1 time has another para in the end asking to schedule intevriew 2 with Tauber.. but my email did not have that last para... it ended at "for any other questions contact me at erico......"

So I am a little concerned/confused.. i wrote back to them but no reply! and noone answered the call either.

Very strange!
What do you think?

Thanks
Tania
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
I will suggest not to worry but focus on interview with Eric. You can ask Eric directly at end of interview. Moreover, that link merely forwards your email id ,name,and program details further to Tauber and again you get a mail from Laura to select interview time slot. Also it might be possible that you don't have to go through two rounds. One interview or two interview doesn't impact your cadididacy. When is your interview ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

thanks for your reply..
my interview is this Thursday 2nd June..
Any tips? :)

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts