Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [10]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Send PM
Re: ieGAT: Information. [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
akgc wrote:
Hello,

Did you pass the test? I took the test last week and honestly I think its kinda complicated, I only had time to answer 32 questions and yesterday I got an email telling me tha my score was below average but still would review my application. Does someone know of any case where someone did not pass the test but still being admitted or at least pass to the interview process?

Greetings.

Hello,

They normally don't tell you the score. and also they share the information you received only after you have completed the application form. Also if the score is horrible then they will advise you to do the GMAT. They didn't to you that means you are in the clear.

And as most of the MBA application goes the test is just a part of whole application. so you profile, experience, international exposure....... matters as well.

As far as test and performance is concerned. it is normal for people to do about a half. (30-35 questions.)

All the best,
and Do share what happens next.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I´m not applying for the MBA, my application is for the MIM... However, today I got an email telling me that I passed to the interview process. I dont know when or how but I think it´s something good... I will share my experience in the interview... Wish me luck!!!

Greetings..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations.....wish you good luck

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 500 Q32 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
Thanks for sharing!

I am going to take this test as well in September/October.

Could you please give me more advice?
IF you had the chance to re-take it, what would you do differently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools: IE '18
Send PM
Kudos
pepo wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Practice. Use the JobTestPrep practice exam. I used it to practice (I didn't even finish all the practice exams) but I placed in the top 3rd of all test takers worldwide... they don't share your exact score with you.

If I had the chance to retake it, I would practice more. Because it will make your faster and speed is important because of the limited time. I don't think anyone has been able to finish the exam to date.

The financial questions were tricky and the diagrammatic reasoning questions were the ones I found more challenging - but it may differ for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 500 Q32 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
shorelineae wrote:
pepo wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Practice. Use the JobTestPrep practice exam. I used it to practice (I didn't even finish all the practice exams) but I placed in the top 3rd of all test takers worldwide... they don't share your exact score with you.

If I had the chance to retake it, I would practice more. Because it will make your faster and speed is important because of the limited time. I don't think anyone has been able to finish the exam to date.

The financial questions were tricky and the diagrammatic reasoning questions were the ones I found more challenging - but it may differ for you.

What do you mean with: JobTestPrep practice exam?

is it a web platform? could you please share the link?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools: IE '18
Send PM
Bookmarks
Here you go: https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/ie_admission

pepo wrote:
shorelineae wrote:
pepo wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

What do you mean with: JobTestPrep practice exam?

is it a web platform? could you please share the link?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
pepo wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Hey pepo.

If you find a practice test good. Otherwise don't bother so much. This is a bit different than GMAT. They want you to attend the test unprepared.

I scored in top 10% and got the interview call.

They emphasize more on your resume and application. So make a solid application and it should be ok

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I took the exam few days ago. Verbal and numerical part seemed tricky enough, however diagrammatic part was quite understandable for me. But it depends on a person's particular abilities, so for some others it was contrary. I still haven't received my score. Does anybody knows in what period after taking the test you're given the answer on your result? It would calm me a bit)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I read some valuable information here. Has anyone taken the test recently and would you recommend other preparation materials apart from JobTestPrep? I have never taken GMAT and I'm particularly concerned about the part that involves abstract reasoning.

Kind regards,
Boryana
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

A few questions to those who have already taken the test, like me.
What would be the average result they expect you to have? We all know how averages here would work, but is there an official one? 30 would be too obvious. Hence, what would be the below average? And the top 10 percentile (I recall Saurabh had said that this is what he got - Saurabh, how many questions did you manage to solve)?
Has anybody actually had the opportunity to go through the test twice?
Honestly speaking, jobtestprep didn't help me A THING with the test and I actually think it has little I do with ieGAT. All I did was thanks to previous knowledge. What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Boryana

Originally posted by Boryana on 06 Oct 2017, 13:17.
Last edited by Boryana on 06 Oct 2017, 23:00, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Boryana,

I don't really remember how many questions I solved It was surely more than 30 but less than 40. there would definitely be some wrong answers.

About the averages and results. Understand the motive of this exam: They want to see if you have the analytical ability to understand those charts and texts and numbers. Then pair it up with your description of yourself. If this whole picture together makes sense. They would call you for an interview.

I sincerely believe the marks obtained are not that important. What matters is the whole picture.

Saurabh

Boryana wrote:
Hi guys,

A few questions to those who have already taken the test, like me.
What would be the average result they expect you to have? We all know how averages here would work, but is there an official one? 30 would be too obvious. Hence, what would be the below average? And the top 10 percentile (I recall Saurabh had said that this is what he got - Saurabh, how many questions did you manage to solve)?
Has anybody actually had the opportunity to go through the test twice?
Honestly speaking, jobtestprep didn't help me A THING with the test and I actually think it has little I do with ieGAT. All I did was thanks to previous knowledge. What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Boryana

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,
I am going to take ieGAT next month.
I have been studying for an exam by using JobTestPrep practice.
Some of them claimed that this application are not helpful for a real test.
Do you have any recommendations or advice to prepare for ieGAT?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Regards,
ferg1e
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everybody!

I see that there hasn't been much activity lately on this topic, but I would greatly appreciate an advice from someone as I'm really keen on getting into IE.
I already submitted my application for IE, and I also applied for a scholarship. I did this in Jan/Feb, and I'm applying for Sept. 2018 intake.
I'm looking to take IEGAT in March but I might have to do it in April. Would April be too late in terms of cutting it close for the Sept intake even though I already submitted my application for the program and scholarship?

Besides percentages and ratios, and reading graphs & data that everybody mentioned, is there any other math to focus on in preparing for the numerical part of this test?

I have a friend who applied to IE and was told that his IEGAT was not good and to take GMAT or GRE. Anybody out there who received such reply? As most people here wrote about successfully passing the test.

Thank you so much for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys

So I took the ieGAT this past week and received the invitation to the final interview. Honestly, it was a little harder than I thought it would be. I answered 43 out of the 60 questions and that doesn't mean I got all 43 correct. Jobtestprep was somewhat helpful though. For those who have it, make sure you practice the Numerical/Verbal test and particularly, the diagrammatic reasoning part. The diagrammatic reasoning part on Jobtestprep should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect in the test.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CruksD wrote:
Hey guys

So I took the ieGAT this past week and received the invitation to the final interview. Honestly, it was a little harder than I thought it would be. I answered 43 out of the 60 questions and that doesn't mean I got all 43 correct. Jobtestprep was somewhat helpful though. For those who have it, make sure you practice the Numerical/Verbal test and particularly, the diagrammatic reasoning part. The diagrammatic reasoning part on Jobtestprep should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect in the test.

Good luck

Hi CrucksD,

Thank you so much for assisting us with this info. Could I ask you with regards to the numerical part of the test, what kind of math did you encounter?
I know that the math part should have ratios and percentages. Is there any other math that you encountered? For example, averages, exponents, square roots? Etc.

Your help is much appreciated!
Thanks a lot
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
No problem. The math that you will encounter on the test is fairly simple. Nothing crazy at all. Basically ratios, percentages, and averages. However, extracting the information from the graphs and the articles was challenging. I did find that the articles on the ieGAT were more complex than the ones you can practice on Jobtestprep.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts