Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey everyone! I'm Ryan, the threadmaster for this thread, and an incoming first year to Anderson, Class of 2018! I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the application process as well as my experience going through my first quarter. I'm writing a blog as well about my app experience and hope it can help anyone who's looking to apply to b-school this year:
an engineer’s (multi)year-long journey from GMAT to admission

Feel free to shoot any questions in this thread, and I hope you all can work together to support each other through this year's app cycle - it was indispensable for me last year! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Ryan

I'm looking to apply in Round 1. I've a couple of questions-

1) What are the jobs prospects for Indian students? I've heard that many companies straight forward say no to international clients cos of visa problems. Is it true?
2) I'm basically a career changer and hoping to enter the tech industry, hopefully as a product manager post MBA. So do the big Tech companies recruit at UCLA? I've checked the stats and they seem to show Haas as well as Anderson have a big Tech recruitment but still wanna be sure.
3) Do UCLA have a strong operations management curriculum?
4) Any info you can give me on the professors and clubs for Operations and Tech industry
5) Is the AMR program kind of an internship or does it place in parallel with the semester?
6) Lastly, can you connect me with some Indian alumni or maybe a 1st or 2nd year Indian student?

I know these are a lot of questions but i'm only applying to Haas, Anderson and Mccombs.

Thank You

Ashutosh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
applying in R1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey when is the application cycle for the intake of 2017 opening. If it has, can anyone pease let me know if they are changing the questions or not.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anab1234 wrote:
Hey when is the application cycle for the intake of 2017 opening. If it has, can anyone pease let me know if they are changing the questions or not.

They will start accepting on August 1st. So far the questions as listed on the Anderson site have not changed from last year's, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that they won't change yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashutosh1617 wrote:
Hi Ryan

1) What are the jobs prospects for Indian students? I've heard that many companies straight forward say no to international clients cos of visa problems. Is it true?
It will always depend on the company you're going for. Large corporations usually won't have an issue (I assume) but I have no experience there. I will say there are many Indians in our incoming class.
2) I'm basically a career changer and hoping to enter the tech industry, hopefully as a product manager post MBA. So do the big Tech companies recruit at UCLA? I've checked the stats and they seem to show Haas as well as Anderson have a big Tech recruitment but still wanna be sure.
Most companies recruit at Anderson (unlike that other LA school). Google is a big one as well as Amazon. Haas and GSB will always have a little more sway because of region, but Anderson is strong enough.
Can't comment on this, but there's plenty of info on the program in their literature
4) Any info you can give me on the professors and clubs for Operations and Tech industry
Same as above
5) Is the AMR program kind of an internship or does it place in parallel with the semester?
It's a concurrent group effort during the school year, separate from the internship.
6) Lastly, can you connect me with some Indian alumni or maybe a 1st or 2nd year Indian student?
Haven't started the program yet :) But message me in a few months.

I know these are a lot of questions but i'm only applying to Haas, Anderson and Mccombs.

Thank You

Ashutosh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey Ryan, are there any specific tips that you used when you applied to Anderson?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know whether the essay questions for 2017 entry are out? I noticed that the application is not live yet.

Thank you,
Dhruv
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 550 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
UCLA has a un-paralleled proximity to hollywood? Do big production houses recruit from UCLA? What kind of candidate do they look for?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Kudos
devbond wrote:
UCLA has a un-paralleled proximity to hollywood? Do big production houses recruit from UCLA? What kind of candidate do they look for?

You can check the 2016 Parker report by UCLA here
https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/Documents/ ... 9%2016.pdf

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dhruvchokshi wrote:
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know whether the essay questions for 2017 entry are out? I noticed that the application is not live yet.

Thank you,
Dhruv

Last year the official application didn't open until August 1st, so I expect the same this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
Schools: Sloan '19
Send PM
Is there any data related to acceptance rate by admission round ( R1 / R2..) available ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gmatlbs wrote:
Is there any data related to acceptance rate by admission round ( R1 / R2..) available ?

They don't break this out. The general consensus has always been R1 and R2 are roughly equivalent; even if it's skewing towards R1 in the recent times, overall you want to submit when you have the strongest application - that will be a far larger boost than timing R1 or R2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Research (Telecommunications)
Send PM
dhruvchokshi wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thank you,
Dhruv

Here you go!! https://twitter.com/uclaMBA/status/760007491090612224
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Research (Telecommunications)
Send PM
dLo wrote:
ashutosh1617 wrote:
Hi Ryan

It will always depend on the company you're going for. Large corporations usually won't have an issue (I assume) but I have no experience there. I will say there are many Indians in our incoming class.
Most companies recruit at Anderson (unlike that other LA school). Google is a big one as well as Amazon. Haas and GSB will always have a little more sway because of region, but Anderson is strong enough.
Can't comment on this, but there's plenty of info on the program in their literature
Same as above
It's a concurrent group effort during the school year, separate from the internship.
Haven't started the program yet :) But message me in a few months.

Thank You

Ashutosh

Ashutosh, For (Q6) I am Ryan's classmate here. Anderson '18 from India.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 190
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys!

Throwing my hat into the ring in R1. Best of luck to everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts