Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
I submitted my application here October 26th, received an interview invite on October 28th, had my in person interview November 8th with Sherry Hu. The interview was very standard with the usual questions and very conversational (Walk through resume, why mba/now/here, strengths, hobbies, volunteering, ethical dilemma, role model, etc.). She was able to share some wonderful answers to the questions that I posed at the end and gave me a great feel about the program. I took a tour of the Rady campus 2 weeks prior to applying which was extremely helpful and showed me a lot about the program which helped me in my decision to apply. Best of luck to everyone else, Rady seems like a great place for anyone with a mindset for innovation!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
funkyleaf wrote:
I submitted my application here October 26th, received an interview invite on October 28th, had my in person interview November 8th with Sherry Hu. The interview was very standard with the usual questions and very conversational (Walk through resume, why mba/now/here, strengths, hobbies, volunteering, ethical dilemma, role model, etc.). She was able to share some wonderful answers to the questions that I posed at the end and gave me a great feel about the program. I took a tour of the Rady campus 2 weeks prior to applying which was extremely helpful and showed me a lot about the program which helped me in my decision to apply. Best of luck to everyone else, Rady seems like a great place for anyone with a mindset for innovation!

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
Received an official admit to the full time program yesterday!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
funkyleaf wrote:

When you toured the campus, did you do it through Rady? I've looked on their website and it says they run the tours the first and third Friday of every month, so I'm looking to schedule my interview around the 16th of this month (just received my invite today). Are these the only opportunities to tour campus or can I get someone to walk me around and answer questions re: MBA program outside of these Friday sessions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
funkyleaf wrote:

When you toured the campus, did you do it through Rady? I've looked on their website and it says they run the tours the first and third Friday of every month, so I'm looking to schedule my interview around the 16th of this month (just received my invite today). Are these the only opportunities to tour campus or can I get someone to walk me around and answer questions re: MBA program outside of these Friday sessions?

Yes I did it through the Rady admissions office. Those Fridays are when they provide official tours from the admissions office but I am sure that if you email the admissions office and tell them your situation they should try to set you up with a student ambassador that can show you around the Rady buildings on whatever day you interview there. Goodluck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
funkyleaf wrote:
Yes I did it through the Rady admissions office. Those Fridays are when they provide official tours from the admissions office but I am sure that if you email the admissions office and tell them your situation they should try to set you up with a student ambassador that can show you around the Rady buildings on whatever day you interview there. Goodluck!

Awesome, thanks for your help. It sounds like your interview experience was relatively standard and low stress. Were there any outside the box questions (i.e. How many wheels are there at your airport?)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
cmleibold wrote:
funkyleaf wrote:

Awesome, thanks for your help. It sounds like your interview experience was relatively standard and low stress. Were there any outside the box questions (i.e. How many wheels are there at your airport?)?

No there were no strange questions of that sort. I think if you prepare appropriately there should not be any interview that is stressful unless you psyche yourself out! Remember you have accomplished a lot to get to this point, they just want to get to know the human behind the numbers on the transcripts and "action words" on the transcript.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Got an Admit :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alchemist123 wrote:
Got an Admit :)

Congrats! Can you share your interview experience or anything that stood out to you about it? Who did you interview with? I have an interview next week with Jay Bryant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
funkyleaf got admitted to both UCI and UCSD too, have you decided which one you going to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an admit
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.12
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Interviewed on 19-Dec with Jay Bryant. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are pretty straightforward and common.
Got unofficial admit on 22-Dec since my new official GMAT score was not released yet.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,
Is there any international student? Btw,I got interview invitation? Please give me some detail about skype interview.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
got an admitted to FlexWeekend program. applied last week of May, interviewed with Jay on June 2nd
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts