Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi Erika,

Thank you for your thoughts. I think that quite a few people report 0 in AWA since it explicitly stated in the application that one can report 0 for AWA or IR if unavailable yet. So I kind of thought that admissions person will not even notice that I was supposed to have AWA by now.

Another alternative - maybe I just filled my unofficial results and forgot to fill in the rest. Not sure if this is a good potential explanation though) Was not worried about this before but now start to worry)

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I personally am usually against calling the adcom unless it's something really urgent or weird.

Just so I'm clear, you put in your score from a test you cancelled in June but then just recently (as in this week) "reinstated." Are you sure you will eventually learn what your AWA was? If so, I would wait until you know what it was and then if it is really bugging you, I would call them and explain the situation (BRIEFLY -- write out what you want to say beforehand so you don't ramble) and ask if you can supply them with your AWA now that you have it. But I wouldn't call them before you have it.

Hope that helps!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Sloan '19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
No one cares. You have more important things to worry about than wringing your hands over a 0 AWA.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
A ha -- well that is a very important bit of context that I didn't have before! If it actually SAYS IN THE APP that you can put 0 if the score is unavailable (which is the situation in your case), then there is definitely nothing to worry about and you should absolutely not contact them. I have never had a client in this situation and do not access the online app myself, so I was not aware of those instructions.

I think you are in the clear.

Best of luck!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hi Erika,

Thank you for your thoughts. I think that quite a few people report 0 in AWA since it explicitly stated in the application that one can report 0 for AWA or IR if unavailable yet. So I kind of thought that admissions person will not even notice that I was supposed to have AWA by now.

Another alternative - maybe I just filled my unofficial results and forgot to fill in the rest. Not sure if this is a good potential explanation though) Was not worried about this before but now start to worry)

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I personally am usually against calling the adcom unless it's something really urgent or weird.

Just so I'm clear, you put in your score from a test you cancelled in June but then just recently (as in this week) "reinstated." Are you sure you will eventually learn what your AWA was? If so, I would wait until you know what it was and then if it is really bugging you, I would call them and explain the situation (BRIEFLY -- write out what you want to say beforehand so you don't ramble) and ask if you can supply them with your AWA now that you have it. But I wouldn't call them before you have it.

Hope that helps!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
No, don't reach out. They're swamped and as long as you got the confirmation email saying that you are part of Round 1, you're good. If they need the score, they'll reach out. It takes GMAC longer than a week to send them.

ddb1990 wrote:
CJH2015 wrote:
Self-reported - I only asked GMAC to send scores a week before though. I think once the proof is finalized, it doesn't update. The GMAT score is something that's confirmatory in nature - if they don't get it and need it, I'm sure HBS will reach out.

It says self-reported on mine as well, and I completed it 7 weeks before finalizing my application. Think this is reason to send them a note?

Thanks,

D

Erika, I actually took the GMAT more than six months ago. I asked them to report my scores at that time and it still says self-reported? Any idea why? Worth contacting GMAC? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Erika, thank you so much for your help!

Do you know what is the overall process with the scores - do they verify them as they read an application or it is rather final stage after the decision already had been made?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
A ha -- well that is a very important bit of context that I didn't have before! If it actually SAYS IN THE APP that you can put 0 if the score is unavailable (which is the situation in your case), then there is definitely nothing to worry about and you should absolutely not contact them. I have never had a client in this situation and do not access the online app myself, so I was not aware of those instructions.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I can't say for sure because I myself have not been on an admissions committee, but I would bet A LOT of money that since literally thousands of people apply to the top programs and over 90% won't get in, they will not verify until they are at least at the interview stage or even after that (admit decision/enroll decision) because it would just be too big of a pointless time-waster.

MarieAndreeva wrote:

Do you know what is the overall process with the scores - do they verify them as they read an application or it is rather final stage after the decision already had been made?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
So are other applicants saying they see something else other than "self-reported" on the app?

If so, then yes, perhaps call the GMAC. But I wouldn't call the school about it.

---
It says self-reported on mine as well, and I completed it 7 weeks before finalizing my application. Think this is reason to send them a note?

Thanks,

D[/quote][/quote]

Erika, I actually took the GMAT more than six months ago. I asked them to report my scores at that time and it still says self-reported? Any idea why? Worth contacting GMAC? Thanks![/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I can't say for sure because I myself have not been on an admissions committee, but I would bet A LOT of money that since literally thousands of people apply to the top programs and over 90% won't get in, they will not verify until they are at least at the interview stage or even after that (admit decision/enroll decision) because it would just be too big of a pointless time-waster.

MarieAndreeva wrote:

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nope. I don't think you have to worry about this -- it's putting the cart before the horse, so to speak! Since they included instructions about when/why it's OK to leave the AWA blank in the app instructions, that means it happens enough for it to be a pretty common occurrence. They've seen everything, trust me!

[quote="MarieAndreeva"]Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, Erika!!!

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Nope. I don't think you have to worry about this -- it's putting the cart before the horse, so to speak! Since they included instructions about when/why it's OK to leave the AWA blank in the app instructions, that means it happens enough for it to be a pretty common occurrence. They've seen everything, trust me!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
So how do the interviews work? Looking at last year the invitations went out about a month after the deadline. How long after do people actually go interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dondarrion wrote:
So how do the interviews work? Looking at last year the invitations went out about a month after the deadline. How long after do people actually go interview?

Man - a lotta people pretty confident about interviews here - haha... I think they roll through mid-November based on what I saw from the thread last year
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
CJH2015 wrote:
Dondarrion wrote:

Man - a lotta people pretty confident about interviews here - haha... I think they roll through mid-November based on what I saw from the thread last year

Yeah, they must know something we don't.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
hffballer wrote:
CJH2015 wrote:

Yeah, they must know something we don't.

I'll let yall in on the secret. HBS interviews about 1/5 of their applicants. That means that if you have a job where you don't get to take days off, you may have to start doing some pre-planning about how you're going to interview if you actually get the invitation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Why are there so few people applying this year for R1? Same for Yale...
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:

Folks need to update their profiles ;)

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
aerien wrote:
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:

Folks need to update their profiles ;)

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I don't know Chicago Booth is already almost at the same number of R1 applicants as last year and we haven't even passed their deadline yet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts