Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
How are you guys looking at the video essays? I have been staring at the FAQ for quite a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by that? Don't you have a week from the submission date? I'd google practice questions and use the practice questions they supply.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
How are you guys looking at the video essays? I have been staring at the FAQ for quite a while now.

Last year they gave a week after R1 deadline to finish the video essay. Don't fuss about it but don't tank it either.

Be yourself
Go over the practice questions
The first 2 questions are already mentioned on the Kellogg website.
Third question will be from those practice questions.

It is your chance to reiterate what you mentioned in your essays about why MBA, why Kellogg etc. It is nothing to lose your sleep on.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Does anyone have any screenshots of the video essay tool? Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
mbaprospective1991 wrote:

What do you mean by screenshot? The link that you'll get after submitting your app will take you to Kira talent's video essay tool that will also have a practice session built into it. You can practice as many times as you want to before your actual video essay. You'll also be given a list of all possible questions that they might ask.

Intern
Intern
Engr2012 wrote:
mbaprospective1991 wrote:

What do you mean by screenshot? The link that you'll get after submitting your app will take you to Kira talent's video essay tool that will also have a practice session built into it. You can practice as many times as you want to before your actual video essay. You'll also be given a list of all possible questions that they might ask.

Thanks Engr2012 I just wanted to check out the tool before starting. I'll google the tool and download it!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 3
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Melissa Rapp, director of admissions for Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to craft the story that will help the Admissions team learn more about you. https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

TODAY’S TOPIC: PROFESSIONAL GOALS

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Work experience, Intellectual ability

Ask any alum, and he or she will tell you that Kellogg was a pivotal point in his or her career. That’s why our Admissions team is interested in learning about your professional experiences and goals; by outlining your professional goals, you help us understand how a Kellogg MBA will bridge your past and future together.

Since there many different candidates drawn to Kellogg, your reason for pursuing an MBA will be unique. Some applicants have a specific idea of how an MBA will help them grow within an industry they know already; others want to pursue a significant career pivot, while still others have more general long-term goals and are open to multiple paths that might take them there. All of these reasons for pursuing an MBA are totally acceptable — just be sure that you can articulate your goals throughout the application.

There are countless opportunities to take advantage of at Kellogg, so it is helpful to have a sense of where you want to end up after Kellogg journey. Identifying your goals will ultimately help you discern your pursuits inside and outside of the classroom while you are at Kellogg. We want our applicants to think about the deeper reasons behind pursuing an MBA — why they’re doing it, where they’re trying to go, how this education and their career fit together — because it helps students hit the ground running once they arrive on campus.

While the Admissions committee wants to see that you have a plan in mind, we understand that these plans may change. Kellogg is a uniquely transformative experience, so we anticipate that some of you will leave Kellogg with very different aspirations than what you discussed in your application. Since you don’t have a crystal ball during the application process, focus on what your professional goals are right now.

Describing your goals is not an exercise in impressing the Admissions committee; it is an honest reflection of where you hope your life is heading. We want to see a clear narrative that explains why you want to pursue an MBA. No answer is wrong, so please speak freely and openly about how Kellogg and its community will help you achieve your professional goals.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s application components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, admisssions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, Kellogg admissions officers https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7998/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Has anybody done the video essay yet?
If so, can you share the questions you got?
I am doing mine this weekend so I am pretty nervous!
I'll share my questions when I finish :)
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Tips for applying to Kellogg – Part 3
Applying to business school is a commitment. You will devote hours to test prep, drafting and redrafting essays, practicing for interviews, perusing websites and visiting campuses.

We get lots of questions about how applicants can make their application stand out, so this week, we are sharing suggestions on how you can help distinguish yourself and express why Kellogg is the right school for you. https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

TODAY’S TOPIC: LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Test scores, essays

When it comes to letters of recommendation, many applicants wonder about who they should ask. The admissions committee is most interested in someone who knows you and your work experience, regardless of title or prior connection to Kellogg. A supervisor who understands your daily contributions could have more valuable insight for us than a Kellogg alum who is less familiar with your work.

It’s a good idea to talk to your recommender about why you’re interested in Kellogg and how you want your Kellogg MBA to further your career goals, but it’s even more important to allow them to provide their own opinions and write the recommendation themselves.

We know some applicants aren’t able to approach a current supervisor for a recommendation. Previous supervisors, clients or project managers may be good alternatives. If you don’t choose a current supervisor, just let us know why. (It would affect my bonus, I would be asked to leave, etc.) We understand that indicating you’re planning to leave the work force can have consequences in different industries.

If you don’t have a current supervisor write your recommendation, provide an explanation in the “Additional Information” (Essays) section of the application.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s applications components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, Kellogg admissions officers https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8008/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
How are you guys doing the video essay? In built webcam? Are you using a special mic or earphones?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Top Contributor
Do we need to submit video essays before deadline as well or only the application?

- cj
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I believe there are pretty clear instructions in the app. I think you have up to a week after submission, but you shouldn't go by anyone's response on a message board for this kind of important stuff -- check the app with your own eyes to be sure. Good luck!

cyberjadugar wrote:
Do we need to submit video essays before deadline as well or only the application?

- cj
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kellogg's website says that there are practise questions available but I am not abel to find the link to the 'technology' anywhere. Does the link come with application submission mail only? Or can I find it somewhere? Please help.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
urvi2990 wrote:
Kellogg's website says that there are practise questions available but I am not abel to find the link to the 'technology' anywhere. Does the link come with application submission mail only? Or can I find it somewhere? Please help.

Once you submit you will get everything you need, but if you want advice for practicing, send me an email: scott@personalmbacoach.com

We do video essay answer reviews if you are looking for feedback on your practices.

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Kudos
urvi2990 wrote:

You have to submit your application first and then you'll have access to the video interview platform. It will let you practice as much as you want. Here are some sample questions I found: https://mbamanual.com/2015/05/18/tips-f ... lekellogg/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For all the people asking about the video essay deadline. I just emailed the admissions office to make sure. Here's their response:

The deadline for the video essay is a week from the application deadline regardless of when you submit your application before September 21st. You should receive an email regarding the video essay once you have submitted your application materials and payment. You can complete the video essay through the status page of your application.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
About to submit the app and noticed something peculiar. The essay page instructs to write the prompt in bold with spacing options. However the alternative (copy pasting the text) has a word count and as a result will not accept additional words for the prompt. What are you guys doing?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
About to submit the app and noticed something peculiar. The essay page instructs to write the prompt in bold with spacing options. However the alternative (copy pasting the text) has a word count and as a result will not accept additional words for the prompt. What are you guys doing?

I uploaded PDFs of my essays.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts