Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, it's fine. Your internship was still full-time employment and I've had many clients do that exact same thing.

(Other schools have different rules though, so always check for each school.)

robintoronto wrote:
Application question here - if I have only worked at two places post college, should I include the internship I did before my senior year as the third position in the employment section? The guidelines say to include full-time employment only and this was full-time hours for three months.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Great, thank you Erika!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi, Is taking TOEFL compulsory for international applicants?

I've given GMAT and scored a 750 in it. Also my primary language of education was English.

Will these not suffice? or do I have to take TOEFL as well?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
shri1987 wrote:

I've given GMAT and scored a 750 in it. Also my primary language of education was English.

Specifically talking about Columbia
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
Send PM
dennishyt wrote:
Hi everyone! It seems the time between interview and decision varies a lot. I see someone got the call one day later and some waited for 2 weeks. I had my interview on Aug 29 and interview feedback report was probably on the same day or one day later, which means that I will reach the two weeks mark next Monday/Tuesday, but still heard nothing.. anyone who is in similar situation?

There seems to be a federal holiday in between so when we count days should we consider that? Thanks!!

Got the call on Thursday!

My timeline as below:

Submitted: July 21
Invitation to interview: August 20
Interview: August 29 (don't know when report was submitted; interviewer said she planned to submit on 29th / 30th)
Admit call: September 15

Wish everyone good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Anyone who applied in mid August (ED) hear back?
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is one of those things where I would encourage you to read each school's app carefully and call the adcom directly if you have questions -- I would never want someone to make a big decision based on message-board advice.

I *believe* (but again, you should check directly for yourself) that if your undergraduate education was in English and you can prove that (meaning it states English was the primary language used in class -- and this ONLY matters if the school was in a country where English is not the first language in the first place) then that usually means you don't need to take the TOEFL.

Good luck!

shri1987 wrote:
shri1987 wrote:

Specifically talking about Columbia
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
Hi All,

I submitted my app for Regular Decision last week, and I'm wondering when I can expect to hear from them? On the one hand they say that I should hear back within 4-6 weeks of submission, but on the other hand, they also say that they won't start reviewing Regular profiles until the Early round is completed. Any idea?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos
alphanumericman wrote:
Hi All,

I submitted my app for Regular Decision last week, and I'm wondering when I can expect to hear from them? On the one hand they say that I should hear back within 4-6 weeks of submission, but on the other hand, they also say that they won't start reviewing Regular profiles until the Early round is completed. Any idea?

Thanks!

I applied last year and the AdCom sent a separate email to all Regular Decision applicants letting us know when they started reviewing RD applications. It was around mid-to-late November. Once they start reviewing RD applications, they'll go through them in the order in which they were submitted / completed. I believe the 6 week clock for each RDer who has applied starts then. I've listed my timeline from last year below:

Application Completed: 11/01/2015
Regular Decision Review Kickoff: 11/18/2015
Denied: 12/22/2015

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
arjuns247 wrote:
alphanumericman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

I applied last year and the AdCom sent a separate email to all Regular Decision applicants letting us know when they started reviewing RD applications. It was around mid-to-late November. Once they start reviewing RD applications, they'll go through them in the order in which they were submitted / completed. I believe the 6 week clock for each RDer who has applied starts then. I've listed my timeline from last year below:

Application Completed: 11/01/2015
Regular Decision Review Kickoff: 11/18/2015
Denied: 12/22/2015

Best of luck!

This is super useful -- thank you so much. I guess in retrospect it was pointless for me to submit so early, but I just wanted to be done with it. I have a long wait ahead of me now!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, as the other person said below, it's going to be a while -- sorry! They will complete ALL of the ED round first and then you'll be taken in the order submitted. I didn't realize they emailed regular round applicants letting them know when that review process began though, so that's cool and will help you anticipate when you'll be hearing from them.

Best of luck!

alphanumericman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I did a study abroad program and the classes transferred back to my home university on a pass/fail basis. Do I need to include the transcript from my exchange university in the application? If so, will my application be hurt by poor marks on exchange? Like many study abroad students, my focus was more on the abroad part than the study part.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos