Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
In for R1 (lottery time!)

Sharing my stats:
Top 20 CS public university. GPA 3.75, H/Y/P MS. Entered college at 14
GMAT 760/6/8
Software Engineer @ F/L/G 1 year, now unicorn (Uber/Airbnb), cofounded a startup on the side
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
kdog147 wrote:
When does GSB start sending out their interview invites? Is it after HBS?

The official email said:

"21 September 2016: Round 1 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

17 October through 16 November 2016: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive that invitation between 17 October and 16 November. If you have not received an interview invitation by 16 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

16 November 2016: Application Status Update
On 16 November, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 15 December. On 15 December you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.
15 December 2016: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application.

Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. Out of fairness to all applicants, we don't consider information submitted after the application deadline."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.96
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Non-pedigree applicant here. Late bloomer, cared for family after death/disability, was an EMT for several years, the went back to school and became an actuary.

Double Major Math Econ, 3.96 GPA from a "National University" ranked mid 80's.
780 GMAT
Worked as an actuary for 4 years

I didn't pay money to any GMAT program or admissions consultant, so I did it on my own. Not holding my breath, but it was worth a shot!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
muskanarora wrote:
There is an option on the GSB website to enter new/updated information?
Any insights on what would be a good situation to use that?

If you're going overseas for a volunteer program - will that be an information significant enough to share?

I would think it is for updates regarding contact info and so on
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi, no, I am not sure, of course, I am not an adcom:) But this is the strategy I chose for myself to not seem to be annoying and anxious)

muskanarora wrote:
MarieAndreeva wrote:
muskanarora wrote:
There is an option on the GSB website to enter new/updated information?
Any insights on what would be a good situation to use that?

If you're going overseas for a volunteer program - will that be an information significant enough to share?

I would think it is for updates regarding contact info and so on

Are you sure about that? Here is what they say on the GSB page:

To update relevant information on your application after the deadline, log in to your application and select the “provide new information” link.

Under supplement materials here:
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/mb ... -materials
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
bgbeidas wrote:
I currently have to remove about 15 words. In Essay B I mention "the GSB" a lot. Would it be acceptable to replace this with "Stanford". I know that Stanford is the overall institution, but considering the question asks "Why Stanford?" I think it would be deemed acceptable.

Sorry for the overly trivial question.

This has come to pass- but yes- that is fine to mix things up to make the essay flow better also.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
When does GSB start to release invites to interview with alumni?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Oct 16-Nov 17 is the period invites will be sent (on a rolling basis)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
The wait is killing me

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
ozzie123 wrote:
The wait is killing me

Likewise... But it's still a looooong way to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Historically does your chances diminish or increase with more work experience, like 7+ years of work experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
careernomad: Why not consider MSx? I think Stanford tends to like the 3-5 year sweet spot (average is 4). That said, the range in their class profile shows up to 13 years on the top end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
careernomad wrote:
Historically does your chances diminish or increase with more work experience, like 7+ years of work experience?

From the adcom that I've spoken too (and so does a lot of admission consultant), your chance does not diminish with more experience. It's just that a more experienced applicant is expected to be much farther in their careers compared to the 2-5 years experienced applicants. This created a catch 22. They expected you to show a career progression (and leadership role) much higher than the average applicants, but then they will question you "if you are already successful with your career, why do you need an MBA?".

If you can be in that sweet spot (far enough in your career with leadership role but an MBA can still contribute to your career progression), then your admission chance is high.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello! I applied in R1 (as shown in my profile) and Stanford is my top choice. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hopefully we start hearing some good news (interview invites) on Monday! Good luck everyone!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh man. Another two weeks of supreme stress. I didn't need this.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Oh man. Another two weeks of supreme stress. I didn't need this.

Two? I was preparing myself for four... :|

Any trend analysis of the percentage of invites that are sent in the first two weeks?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts