Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Applicants - Ivey MSc Class of 2018 (2017 Intake) [#permalink]
jaysharma2016 wrote:
seanzie95 wrote:
Congratulations!

Seems like this thread is quite dead... Maybe it'll be good to revive it and let other people know!

I just received acceptance from R2. I'll be doing my CEMS interview in the upcoming week to figure out my exchange destinations! How about yourself?

Hi seanzie,

Yes, it does seem that the forum is dominated by European schools, so not a lot of activity here at the moment. But it's always good to hear from fellow admits.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Can you talk about your academic/professional background a little?

I had my CEMS interview several weeks ago, and I'll be heading to WU Vienna for the second CEMS term.
Which schools are you interested in?

Hey JaySharma2016,

Do you know if there is a facebook/linkedin group of some sort? It would definitely be great to see who is coming from where and to connect with people. A lot of us are going to end up doing the Ivey Global Lab together and I think that it'll be great to see who some of our classmates will be!

I'm going to be finishing my undergrad at Western in International Relations. I've previously had a chance to intern at a couple of Toronto-based startups and I've been very active on campus (e.g. University Student Council, Western Investment Club, etc.) Thought that the MSc would really complement my undergrad degree well and I'm looking to do trade development in the future :) How about yourself?

I'm hoping that I can study at HEC Paris to develop my french. But I'm really open to any place because it seems like most CEMS schools are some of the leading bschools in the world... I don't think that we can really go wrong haha!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
seanzie95 wrote:
jaysharma2016 wrote:
seanzie95 wrote:
Congratulations!

Seems like this thread is quite dead... Maybe it'll be good to revive it and let other people know!

I just received acceptance from R2. I'll be doing my CEMS interview in the upcoming week to figure out my exchange destinations! How about yourself?

Hi seanzie,

Yes, it does seem that the forum is dominated by European schools, so not a lot of activity here at the moment. But it's always good to hear from fellow admits.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Can you talk about your academic/professional background a little?

I had my CEMS interview several weeks ago, and I'll be heading to WU Vienna for the second CEMS term.
Which schools are you interested in?

Hey JaySharma2016,

Do you know if there is a facebook/linkedin group of some sort? It would definitely be great to see who is coming from where and to connect with people. A lot of us are going to end up doing the Ivey Global Lab together and I think that it'll be great to see who some of our classmates will be!

I'm going to be finishing my undergrad at Western in International Relations. I've previously had a chance to intern at a couple of Toronto-based startups and I've been very active on campus (e.g. University Student Council, Western Investment Club, etc.) Thought that the MSc would really complement my undergrad degree well and I'm looking to do trade development in the future :) How about yourself?

I'm hoping that I can study at HEC Paris to develop my french. But I'm really open to any place because it seems like most CEMS schools are some of the leading bschools in the world... I don't think that we can really go wrong haha!

There is actually an official Facebook group for the Class of 2018. You'll probably get an invite to join it once you confirm your acceptance and pay your deposit. I'm also planning to start a https://gmatclub.com/chat/https://gmatclub.com/chat group, so that we can all keep in touch on the go before classes start; there haven't really been enough admits so far to make it worthwhile, though.

It sounds like you have a great profile, and I absolutely agree that an MSc in IB can add a really solid business dimension to your IR background.
I'm actually from India (currently live in New Delhi), and I'm currently finishing up a computer engineering degree. I'm also a partner in a GTA-based startup that focuses on B2B mobility solutions - I work with them remotely for the most part, although I do travel to Canada on occasion for business. In addition to that, I have a small tech consulting business of my own here in New Delhi, where I help new businesses leverage technology to reduce their costs and improve their productivity.
Post MSc, I'm looking to increase my exposure by getting into consulting roles with a tech component to them; long-term, I plan to stick with entrepreneurship and put some of my ideas in practice, perhaps back here in India. :D

And yes, you can't go wrong with CEMS, really. Every school on the list is pretty much among the top 2-3 B-schools in its respective country. I chose WU for the same reason that you want to be at HEC - I speak some German, and I'd love to have the chance to apply and improve my skills.

--
Jay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Hey JaySharma2016,

How long did it take back then from your interview to your offer?

I applied for MSc BA R4 and got my skype interview 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything since :/
Quite nervous now...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Kelvin91 wrote:
Hey JaySharma2016,

How long did it take back then from your interview to your offer?

I applied for MSc BA R4 and got my skype interview 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything since :/
Quite nervous now...

Hi Kelvin,

It took about a month for me (26 days, to be precise). The exact time gap can of course vary a bit depending on precisely when you applied within the admission cycle, so hang in there.
It's always nerve-wracking to wait for an admission decision, but since it's already been three weeks for you, I do think you should be hearing from them over the upcoming week or two.

Fingers crossed for you!
Jay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calling All Applicants - Ivey MSc Class of 2018 (2017 Intake) [#permalink]
Thanks Jay.
Hope to see you next year :)
Kelvin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jay,

I just checked my online portal and the application status now says "Decision sent" but I have not received any email from them. In your case, was it "Admitted" or "Decision sent" when you received the offer from Ivey?

Thank you,
Kelvin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kelvin91 wrote:
Hi Jay,

I just checked my online portal and the application status now says "Decision sent" but I have not received any email from them. In your case, was it "Admitted" or "Decision sent" when you received the offer from Ivey?

Thank you,
Kelvin

Hey Kelvin,

When I got my offer, they gave me a link to confirm my acceptance, and once I'd done that, my status said 'confirmed'. However, I'm not really sure what the status actually was between the time that they sent the offer and the time that I accepted it, because I never logged into the portal during that time.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with this!

Jay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone!
I am interested in Msc IB but have been suggested for Msc BA.
Can you please advice me on my profile.
10th - 86.55 %
12th - 71.67 %
BE Mechanical- 6.75 cgpa/ 60% - First Class (University of Mumbai)
11 months of work experience
2 internships ( one month each)
1 international publish paper
Completed an Online course
Good extracurriculars.
GMAT and IELTS yet to give.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hey guys! what was the gmat score they were mostly looking for?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts