Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Duke '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
"You have no to-do items"

Upon researching this a little more, I suspect the official scores are paired with the self-reported scores/application as a whole when it's processed. Seeing as my status still says "application submitted" I suspect it just hasn't been processed yet.

I could be totally off in this assumption, but that's what I'm thinking....anyone have a different experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Bulldozer wrote:

Upon researching this a little more, I suspect the official scores are paired with the self-reported scores/application as a whole when it's processed. Seeing as my status still says "application submitted" I suspect it just hasn't been processed yet.

I could be totally off in this assumption, but that's what I'm thinking....anyone have a different experience?

In my case it took five days to change the status from "Application Submitted" to "Application Complete". If they can't pair your scores while processing your application you will be notified by mail.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FrancoP wrote:
Bulldozer wrote:

In my case it took five days to change the status from "Application Submitted" to "Application Complete". If they can't pair your scores while processing your application you will be notified by mail.

Good luck!

Awesome, that's a relief. Man, barely a week after the application is submitted and I'm getting neurotic...it's going to be a long wait until December! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Has anyone from the Early Decision round heard yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone? They should start calling any moment. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my LG-H815 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '19
GMAT 1: 470 Q50 V39
Send PM
I have not heard from the adcom yet! Historically when do the calls generally start?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 4: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi. Indian Male - 31 yrs- GMAT 740..National Product Manager for a Computer manufacturer..Got my admit call today just now...As far as I know total 90 admits are there from first round and around 16-18 admit from Asia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 2.34
Send PM
Congrats! GL to everyone today. Re-applicant here hoping for the W today.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Any one else got the admit call from India guys? Any hope left?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I've just received the call. I'm from Perú. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my LG-H815 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Indian Male. Received the call at 9:30 AM EST! Delighted!!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Got a call just abt 2 hrs back. Admit. :shock: :o :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got the call 2 hrs back :) delighted ?
Congrats to everyone ??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I´m in !!!!, got the call 9:30 ET. I´m from México
Congratulations to everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Student Blogs: Bootcamp: An Intensive Study of Health Care
When I told my friends and coworkers that I was starting my first MBA classes on July 17, a Sunday, they thought I was crazy. But that was when the Health Sector Management (HSM) Bootcamp kicked off.

Bootcamp is a requirement for students from any of Fuqua’s MBA programs who wish to earn the HSM Certificate, and the term “bootcamp” is more than appropriate. In the course of a week, we attended over 20 lectures, and networked with professionals from Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, Cardinal Health, and others. And sometime in between, we found time to complete a final project, consisting of a team assignment and 20-minute presentation.

Diverse Backgrounds
As someone relatively new to the health care industry, Bootcamp got me up to speed on issues of global health care policy. I was able to learn from physicians and other health care professionals—some were Duke faculty, but others were students like me. In a lecture about Medicare policy, one of my classmates raised her hand to share her experience working for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. In the next lecture on global drug pricing, a student chimed in with his experience as a pharmacist in France. There were doctors and nurses from different specialties, and folks with experience working for pharma companies, health care IT companies—you name it.

It’s easy to get intimidated in a classroom full of students who have already had extremely successful health care careers. But, at Fuqua, that diversity is what makes the discussion interesting. Whether you’re a provider, payer, or a patient, the health care sector is one that touches us all. I found that my classmates were just as excited to hear about my graphic design background as I was to hear about their healthcare start up.

https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 24x576.jpg

Alumni Connections
Throughout Bootcamp, we were privileged to hear from alumni at companies from across the health care sector—pharma, biotech, medical device, venture capital, provider, payer, etc. For first-year Daytime MBA students, it was our first opportunity to network with professionals on campus. But more than that, it allowed us to see how what we were learning in class translated into a health sector career. One alumna from BD shared her experience working in emerging markets. Another from Janssen told us how a drug he worked on helped a patient with severe depression.

It was helpful to see the practical application of a Duke MBA, but it also gave us a first glimpse at the recruiting process and the opportunity to meet some fantastic alumni in a low-pressure setting.

Creating a Community
On one of the last nights of Bootcamp, all of the HSM students came to the Winter Garden in the Fox Center for a few hours of team building. We untangled a human knot, built towers out of plastic tubes, and raced against each other in a gyro ring game that I found to be completely impossible. My teams didn’t win, but we had a chance to get to know each other outside of the classroom.

https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x200.jpg

When the rest of my first-year classmates came together on campus a few weeks later for MBA orientation, I was happy to see some familiar faces from Bootcamp. I had already met quite a few members of my section, and two of my Consequential Leadership (CLEAD) teammates are in HSM as well. The rest of my health care classmates are spread out across the other five sections, but we get a chance to catch up on Wednesdays during our HSM seminar. The seminar meets six times over the fall 1 and fall 2 terms and is a requirement for first-year HSM students.

Looking Forward
The HSM certificate is one of the main reasons I chose Fuqua, but I didn’t realize just how quickly the program would move through an exhaustive health care curriculum. I’ve already learned so much from my classmates, professors, and alumni over the course of Bootcamp and Fall Term 1, but I know I have a long way to go.

The post Bootcamp: An Intensive Study of Health Care appeared first on Duke Daytime MBA Student Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 4: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi,
Can someone give me the link to check the decision page?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone get a Wait-list decision yet?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts