Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 616
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
apoorv42 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just finished my interview for UCLA Anderson:

Very traditional questions and a very comforting conversational style.
1. Walk through the resume
2. Why MBA
3. Why now
4. Why Anderson
5. What would you contribute
6. How well do you understand the role you want to go into immediately after the MBA (that was a bit tough but I had done some prep on it)
7. What would be the strengths and weaknesses your current supervisor would highlight on if we would talk to him

I think it went well and now it's fingers crossed until D-day :) :)

From your report it seems I just blew mine.. we hardly touched 5 questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
apoorv42 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just finished my interview for UCLA Anderson:

Very traditional questions and a very comforting conversational style.
1. Walk through the resume
2. Why MBA
3. Why now
4. Why Anderson
5. What would you contribute
6. How well do you understand the role you want to go into immediately after the MBA (that was a bit tough but I had done some prep on it)
7. What would be the strengths and weaknesses your current supervisor would highlight on if we would talk to him

I think it went well and now it's fingers crossed until D-day :) :)

Can you please share the name of your interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
HaddyPainkiller: I do not think so. The thing with second year students taking interviews is that there will be a lot of variability in the interview pattern. Some guys just tick in 5 and some need more questions based on what they can get out of the candidate.

Stay positive! That is all I can say and all the best for the rest of the season.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
apoorv42 wrote:
HaddyPainkiller: I do not think so. The thing with second year students taking interviews is that there will be a lot of variability in the interview pattern. Some guys just tick in 5 and some need more questions based on what they can get out of the candidate.

Stay positive! That is all I can say and all the best for the rest of the season.

Thanks for that +ve encouragement
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
By any chance did anyone happen to see till when were interview slots open for R1 while scheduling their interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
They only show a two week forward looking window so it's impossible to know until closer to December.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Any idea by when final decisions will be released? I was interviewed on 28th Oct. Has any some one dug deeper to find when R1 admit decisions were released?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
December 15. During an admissions chat they stated that it's unlikely to come sooner.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
A quick question to the guys who got invites, did your application ever update to under review or schedule invite? Or does it always just say application submitted.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
A quick question to the guys who got invites, did your application ever update to under review or schedule invite? Or does it always just say application submitted.?

Same question.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 616
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
Do we need to send official TOEFL score report and the hard copy of transcripts at the time of application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
kingmack wrote:
ashman843 wrote:

Same question.

Application still has status as "Submitted" post-interview. You'll get an e-mail with the interview invitation and directions. Still plenty of time left!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, I received an interview invite on 10/27. I was waiting for an email and checking every day. This morning it just occurred to me to use the search function in GMAIL to search UCLA. Sure enough I had missed the initial invite email as GMAIL placed it in my "promotions" inbox. I have been using GMAIL for years professionally and personally and this has never happened before. In addition, all other emails from UCLA have been coming in my regular inbox. I just spent all day cursing myself out for being such a moron and decided to post this in the off chance that it may help someone else out! Good luck everybody, I scheduled my skype interview for next week as it is now too short notice to make arrangements with work and flights.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Had my interview in person this week. Found it a bit more challenging than other schools so far. Could have just been the interviewer. Best of luck everyone else in the process!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nicklimo7 wrote:
Hi all, I received an interview invite on 10/27. I was waiting for an email and checking every day. This morning it just occurred to me to use the search function in GMAIL to search UCLA. Sure enough I had missed the initial invite email as GMAIL placed it in my "promotions" inbox. I have been using GMAIL for years professionally and personally and this has never happened before. In addition, all other emails from UCLA have been coming in my regular inbox. I just spent all day cursing myself out for being such a moron and decided to post this in the off chance that it may help someone else out! Good luck everybody, I scheduled my skype interview for next week as it is now too short notice to make arrangements with work and flights.

Wish this was the case for me as well but I did a quick search and unfortunately, it is not. Best of luck for your interview and thanks for the heads up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Just got done with my Skype interview. I thought it went well.
However the interviewer did not offer me his email id or any contact details at the end. Is that a negative sign? :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
bethebest wrote:
Do we need to send official TOEFL score report and the hard copy of transcripts at the time of application?

Not at the time of application but unlike other schools, UCLA requires you to send official reports upon getting interview invites rather than after being admitted
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts