Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
KronicXD wrote:
Any one know what happens after you've given the interview? Do you get a notification that the interviewer as submitted their feedback?

You do not, unfortunately. You'll directly hear from the school on the decision release date.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hormazd91 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:
Any one know what happens after you've given the interview? Do you get a notification that the interviewer as submitted their feedback?

You do not, unfortunately. You'll directly hear from the school on the decision release date.

Does this happpen after the interviewer has submitted their feedback? I'm just hoping there's an indication that the interviewer has done their task.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hormazd91 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:

Does this happpen after the interviewer has submitted their feedback? I'm just hoping there's an indication that the interviewer has done their task.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
KronicXD wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:

There's no info about your interview report... I had mine about 35 days ago and no updates on the website.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
javierpe89 wrote:
There's no info about your interview report... I had mine about 35 days ago and no updates on the website.

That's a shame. Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Meet Kellogg’s 2017 Siebel Scholars
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/siebel-scholars-logo_0.jpg?w=509&h=339

Kellogg is thrilled to announce that five students have been named 2017 Siebel Scholars.

Jonathan Goldstein, Bo Gustafsson, Jackie Laine, Iris Tian and Austin Vanaria will each receive a $35,000 award for their final year of graduate studies.

The awards recognize top students from the world’s most prestigious business, computer science, bioengineering and energy science graduate programs, and scholars are chosen based on outstanding academic performance and leadership. On average, Siebel Scholars rank in the top 5 percent of their class, many within the top 1 percent.

The five Kellogg students inducted into the Class of 2017 Siebel Scholars demonstrate this academic rigor, as well as a commitment to innovation, entrepreneurship and social impact.

Read on to learn about this year’s talented and ambitious Siebel Scholars:

Jonathan Goldstein ‘17

Jonathan ihttps://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordp ... .jpg?w=627
s pursuing a dual Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Design Innovation through Northwestern’s MMM Program. He draws upon his creative and entrepreneurial talents as a classical musician and the co-founder of an education startup to explore the ways design thinking, analytics and technology can help people improve their lives. Currently, Jonathan is a Summer Associate at McKinsey & Co. in San Francisco. An honors graduate of Stanford and San Francisco Conservatory of Music, Jonathan performed with symphony orchestras throughout the country and under the baton of the world’s most prestigious conductors. He also developed educational programs for children in low-income schools in San Francisco and Chicago. Test Prep Chicago, co-founded 2011, helps prepare Chicago students for the rigors of testing into competitive public and private high schools. Jonathan is the recipient of numerous leadership, artistic and academic honors, including the Allstate Business Competition (first place), McKinsey Emerging Scholars (finalist) and the Civic Orchestra of Chicago (Principal Timpani position, by audition).

Bo Gustafsson ‘17

Bo is puhttps://kelloggmbastudents.files.word ... .jpg?w=627
rsuing a dual Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Design Innovation through Northwestern’s MMM Program. He is passionate about international business and creating solutions for developing nations in health and economic development, resulting in the founding of two companies, including a for-profit social enterprise that seeks to improve health in developing nations. Bo has diverse cultural experiences from growing up in Europe, visiting over 30 countries in the past ten years and working in nine countries on four continents with projects related to economic development, social entrepreneurship and corporate strategy. He is currently working for BCG and previously worked for Flex, where he led the strategy to launch a new consulting unit and successfully turned around a $1B failing business unit in China from -9 percent to 6 percent operating profit within nine months. At Kellogg, Bo is the IDEA Club vice president of innovation, CIM section leader and Latter-Day Saint Student Association (LDSSA) treasurer.

Jackie Laine ‘17

https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpr ... .jpg?w=627
Jackie is a second-year MBA candidate at the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to Kellogg, she worked as a producer on The Biggest Loser and other shows for major networks including NBC, ABC and FOX. She is a director-at-large for the Northwestern Alumni Association, and previously, as President of Northwestern University Entertainment Alliance West, she grew participation by 25 percent and produced writer/actor showcases that highlighted the talents of more than 100 alumni. At Kellogg, she specializes in marketing and analytics, serves as the president of CIM Exec and co-created Story Spotlight, a new storytelling event. She is also a student admissions reader, leads The Good Life Sessions and has held positions with the Bridging Cultures Club, Media and Entertainment Club and Women’s Business Association. Jackie interned for BCG in Los Angeles this past summer.

Iris Tian ‘17

Iris is a second-year MBA candidate at the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to Kellogg, she taught high school mathematics as a Teach For America corps member. At KIPP Houston, Iris developed and implemented strategy for AP course programming and founded the district’s Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Chapter. Iris led a team at Kellogg that evaluated and transformed Heartland Alliance’s pricing strategy for its Social Impact Research Center and conducted research for Menus of Change on the impact of meat on ROE in fast-casual restaurants. She holds VP positions in the Net Impact Club, Hispanic Management Association, and Bridging Cultures Club, and serves on the executive committee for the Kellogg Worldwide Experiences & Service Trips (KWEST), which sends 1,000 students and their partners on 40 trips globally. This summer, she is interning with the Boston Consulting Group. Iris graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Environmental Science.

Austin Vanaria ‘17

Austin is a second-year MBA candidate at the Kellogg School of Management. He is passionate about building strong teams to improve education and business opportunities for LGBT people and growing a network committed to serving the community. As Pride@Kellogg’s prospective students director, he partnered with Admissions to lead the first LGBT Spring Preview Day and recruit Kellogg’s largest incoming class of LGBT students. Now, as Pride@Kellogg’s co-president, he leads a team of 12 to expand support for The Center on Halsted – where he volunteered as a GED tutor – and recently spearheaded Kellogg’s campaign to support Orlando shooting victims, raising $7.5K from over 200 donors. As a Kellogg Student Association representative, Austin works to streamline communications and improve student mental health. He recently interned in Data Strategy at Viacom. Prior to Kellogg, he worked in consulting at The Cambridge Group and graduated cum laude from Tufts University with a degree in Economics and Spanish and a minor in Entrepreneurial Leadership.

Filed under: Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: entrepreneurship, MMM, MMM program, Siebel Scholar, Siebel Scholars, social enterprise, social entrepreneurs, social innovation https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8145/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview on 18th Oct in Singapore with an Alumni.No change in the status of online portal.

Btw, anyone feel that this topic is quieter compared to last year's?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Last year all interviews had to be completed before 21st Nov. Is there no such deadline for interviews this year.

Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Curious if anyone had their interview waived and received an invite for a Skype interview after the app review.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
One month to go! All the best to everyone :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Quick question. Is it true that Kellogg is quite stingy with merit aid, compared to similarly ranked schools?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quick question. Is it true that Kellogg is quite stingy with merit aid, compared to similarly ranked schools?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Is it my impression or did Kellogg waive a very small number of interviews this year? ?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
MVerick wrote:
cyberjadugar wrote:
Is interview waiver = game over?

cj

I also received that today. I feel it is game over with that. :(

Copying a post from the 2015 discussion thread. It is quite common for Indian candidates to get their interviews waived.

str1der wrote:
To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
alejandro293 wrote:

Anecdotally, I have heard they are. I have heard that Booth tends to give out more merit based aid than Kellogg, which doesn't surprise me after visiting and interviewing with both schools.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Goillini13 wrote:
alejandro293 wrote:

Anecdotally, I have heard they are. I have heard that Booth tends to give out more merit based aid than Kellogg, which doesn't surprise me after visiting and interviewing with both schools.

Interesting, could you elaborate a little more if you don't mind?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
alejandro293 wrote:
Goillini13 wrote:
alejandro293 wrote:

Interesting, could you elaborate a little more if you don't mind?

What would you like to know?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts