Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 616
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
bethebest wrote:
ajchauhan7 wrote:

Submitted my application on 26th Sept, but still haven't received an update (even though gotta concede that the formal transcripts reached terribly late- just day before yesterday!). But from the looks of it, its still one agonisingly slow process!

Anyways, best of luck to people who have their interviews scheduled!

Have you heard back yet? Even my transcripts reached awfully late! Wondering how this would affect the evaluation process.

No I haven't! .............. but its been quite some time now- so I am assuming its not gonna an aye! anyway- would drop in a mail next week maybe, for the deadline for response is December.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
ashman843 wrote:
HilaryousTrump wrote:
Congrats priyal1991 and ashman843.
I got an admit with scholarship too!

Hey! Can you share your profile as well?

700 GMAT, 4 years work ex in the oil and gas industry.
Applied on 16th October, interview invite received on 25th October, interview on 2nd November and decision on 9th November.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
To all the admitted students(international) , how long did it take for your transcripts to reach Rotman?
I am a little worried about the video essay questions. How did you guys(admitted/non-admitted) approach the video question. Also, one of the essay prompts is quite confusing - measure your experiences 10 years from now. Any tips on the above two queries?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Phenomenal wrote:
To all the admitted students(international) , how long did it take for your transcripts to reach Rotman?
Isn't a scanned copy sufficient? At least until they make a decision?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Phenomenal wrote:

It took 4 days for my original transcripts to reach Rotman.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Schools: Schulich '16
Send PM
HilaryousTrump wrote:
Phenomenal wrote:

It took 4 days for my original transcripts to reach Rotman.

i think before a final admit verdict ur transcripts should reach.
This shouldnt atleast interfere interview acceptance
Am i right/wrong?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [2]
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
For those wondering, you will most likely be waiting for a response until Rotman receives your official and sealed transcript. Again, people lie. You can always fudge your numbers on a scanned version and hope they don't bother checking the official copies. They're very, very unlikely to even evaluate your application until your official and sealed transcripts are in, in case you're being fraudulent. Why waste their time? The exception is if you did your undergraduate at UofT, then they can just check themselves.

Also, their deadline for responses are in December. It's only halfway through November. And there are times when they'll be behind if the volume of applicants are high. So don't freak out now, and wait; I wouldn't start emailing them before the deadline if you haven't heard back yet. That just puts them off and you really don't want them to view you negatively at this point.

Did anyone else notice that all the admits have 700+ GMATs? I would not be surprised if they filter for 700+ GMATs to interview first.

There was also someone who mentioned experience in the financial services. I don't know how to say this without being too forward, but there is a huge perception gap between the Big 4 and everyone else; from what I see, it really wouldn't matter if you worked at the #5 firm or the #100.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
jigglypuff wrote:
sharma.jatin1992@gmail.com wrote:
abcdamp wrote:
[quote="sharma.jatin1992@gmail.com"]no response from the college. I submitted my application on Oct 20. Is this the case of others too?

Oct 20 would put you into Round 2 as Round 1 deadline was Oct 17. I applied Oct 10th for Round 1 and still have not heard anything from the school.

But they say that they review applications on the rolling basis. There might be a chance that they consider me along with the Round 1 applications. (keeping fingers crossed)!!

That's what they say, but technically they have no obligation to respond to you before their deadline for Round 2, which is going to be months away.

From what I know, the rolling reviews are for star candidates, or for candidates they've met and really like during the Rotman events. If you're in either of these groups of candidates, I'd email your contact to let them know you've applied so they can keep an eye out for your application.[/quote]

Thanks, jigglypuff!

Since, the adcom team would not be liable to reply to my application untill their deadline. I guess I will at least wait till the timeline for R1 results get over!

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all admits! Here is a separate discussion thread for you to connect with each other and discuss next strategies.. rotman-toronto-class-of-2019-calling-all-admitted-students-228804.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Schools: Schulich '16
Send PM
jigglypuff wrote:
For those wondering, you will most likely be waiting for a response until Rotman receives your official and sealed transcript. Again, people lie. You can always fudge your numbers on a scanned version and hope they don't bother checking the official copies. They're very, very unlikely to even evaluate your application until your official and sealed transcripts are in, in case you're being fraudulent. Why waste their time? The exception is if you did your undergraduate at UofT, then they can just check themselves.

Also, their deadline for responses are in December. It's only halfway through November. And there are times when they'll be behind if the volume of applicants are high. So don't freak out now, and wait; I wouldn't start emailing them before the deadline if you haven't heard back yet. That just puts them off and you really don't want them to view you negatively at this point.

Did anyone else notice that all the admits have 700+ GMATs? I would not be surprised if they filter for 700+ GMATs to interview first.

There was also someone who mentioned experience in the financial services. I don't know how to say this without being too forward, but there is a huge perception gap between the Big 4 and everyone else; from what I see, it really wouldn't matter if you worked at the #5 firm or the #100.

u did pick up nice and interesting points.

The admitted candidates are indeed 700+.They interviewd them first to get a final update whether they will joining or not.Adcom gives 3-4 weeks after cceptance to book your seat.
Then only they will start with <700.Most probably 700+ candidates would be applying to US top Tier schools.Otherwise Rotman avg gmat score would be 700+
BTW its 670 for that last class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hsbinfy wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

u did pick up nice and interesting points.

The admitted candidates are indeed 700+.They interviewd them first to get a final update whether they will joining or not.Adcom gives 3-4 weeks after cceptance to book your seat.
Then only they will start with <700.Most probably 700+ candidates would be applying to US top Tier schools.Otherwise Rotman avg gmat score would be 700+
BTW its 670 for that last class.
Not with Mr Trump at the helm? I have hear the Canadian immigration website crashed on the results day. Should we expect higher number of applications for Canadian schools now? Even pre election survey (GMAC) with prospective students has shown that most would prefer not going to US schools if Trump gets elected.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
jigglypuff wrote:

Even I was about to send email to check with them on my application status. By matriculating I would have 4 yrs of work ex, some amazing and impactful NGO work for 2 years, 710 GMAT and a good essay was approved by alumni... So if I still did not get chance should I assume They rejected it. I submitted my application on 15 OCT.
tensions are higher since already got one rejection. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V34
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
If 5/5 supplemental items are being showed as received... It also means that they must have received my official Transcripts...am I right in assuming the same??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.26
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Phenomenal wrote:
Isn't a scanned copy sufficient? At least until they make a decision?

I emailed the Univ regarding this. I was indeed told that unofficial transcripts are sufficient to start the review. However, once admitted you will have a limited amount of time to submit your official transcript.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
robinsharma: Looks like a great profile. Do you meet the GPA requirement? And don't email them now; they still have another month or so before they're obligated to email you to let you know the result. I know the wait sucks, but put yourself in their shoes. They're going to be super busy, do you think they'll appreciate an email from a candidate just asking about how their status is going before you have to respond in a month? Hell no, if I was them, I'd be super annoyed at everyone that does that.

elixir1237: I would assume so.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Guys the admissions director will be in India as part of an MBA tour in December where they will conduct interviews face to face. There's still a whole month left. I'm assuming they'll send out the invites over the course of the next few weeks. I doubt they'll let candidates know so early. If you have submitted a good application, I will urge you not to sweat it and just sit tight.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts