Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.14
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Got the call!

Here's my timeline for those who're interested.

Submitted: 10/05
Invited to interview: 10/20
Interview: 11/04
Feedback submitted: 11/06
Admit call: 11/16
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Anyone interviewed after the 8th heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Someone on livewire posted that all ED applicants received an email saying that RD apps are about to start review. Someone who received it, could you post the body of the email?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
applicant1234 wrote:
Someone on livewire posted that all ED applicants received an email saying that RD apps are about to start review. Someone who received it, could you post the body of the email?

I ask the same
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
javierpe89 wrote:
applicant1234 wrote:

I ask the same

It is published by ClearAdmit. News / B-school News / News
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, PMP
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.53
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just read it off Clear Admit. I submitted RD on the same date as the ED deadline. 8th October so hopefully should be among the first apps to be reviewed. Tomorrow would make it 6 weeks since my submission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
dodoshyne wrote:
Just read it off Clear Admit. I submitted RD on the same date as the ED deadline. 8th October so hopefully should be among the first apps to be reviewed. Tomorrow would make it 6 weeks since my submission.

For me it's already been 9 - 10 weeks. Let's see who gets their interview invite first! :P

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
There are rumblings on Livewire that ED applicants who have interviewed but haven't heard back yet should be worried about a rejection. Do you guys really think this is the case? My interview feedback was submitted on 11/9, and it said that the decision would come within 14 days. There haven't been very many acceptances OR rejections on Livewire, so I feel like there are certainly still more ED acceptances. Does anyone think it would have helped if I had interviewed a little earlier?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
CBS will start to review regular decision applications on Monday and invites should start to go out around December 1st. Good luck everyone!

Best,
Scott
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Taking advantage of some vacation this week to knock out these essays and submit my app by next Monday!

If my app is in by Nov 28, I probably won't hear anything back until early January right?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I just received this via mail...

Quote:
Dear XXX,
Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 21, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-854-1961 or apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will be happy to assist you further.

Best of luck!
MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats XXX, All the best!

bgpower wrote:
I just received this via mail...

Quote:
Dear XXX,
Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 21, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-854-1961 or apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will be happy to assist you further.

Best of luck!
MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alphanumericman wrote:
dodoshyne wrote:

For me it's already been 9 - 10 weeks. Let's see who gets their interview invite first! :P

Now there is clarity. Six weeks from November 21. At least there's an timeline and an anchor.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dodoshyne wrote:
alphanumericman wrote:
dodoshyne wrote:

Now there is clarity. Six weeks from November 21. At least there's an timeline and an anchor.

Yup. Just got the same email.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Such information helps so much! That's great that they gave us pointers.

I wonder, if they as reported manage to send out interview invites and dings before Christmas, when and how fast would interviews happen?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anybody know how off-campus interviews work at Columbia? Is it via Skype or with a local alum in person? I don't recall answering any questions about interview city preference in the application form. Will they ask you about your choice of city once you are shortlisted for an interview? I'm traveling throughout December, and would be great if I had flexibility in my choice of city.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
What are the possible status on your app? Does it changes from "submitted" to "in review" or something like that
Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts