Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:You will get what you deserve; Patience is the key.
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen Vanderbilt MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Has anyone else received an interview invite??

my application was incomplete so far as i was waiting for my toefl score.

Can I expect another wave of invites??
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen Vanderbilt MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, November 15: Live Chat with Vanderbilt (Owen) Admission Director

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Bailey McChesney, Associate Director of Admissions at Vanderbilt, on Tuesday, Nov 15. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for the adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

November 15, 2016 | Tuesday | 7 AM Pacific Time; 10 AM Eastern Time; 3 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

An update on this: Current Owen MBA student, Kirsten Kelly (Class of 2017), will also participate in this chat. Hope to see all applicants in the chat tomorrow.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Chat will start soon. In you are around, join the chat room.. mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, November 15: Live Chat with Vanderbilt (Owen) Admission Director

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Bailey McChesney, Associate Director of Admissions at Vanderbilt, on Tuesday, Nov 15. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for the adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

November 15, 2016 | Tuesday | 7 AM Pacific Time; 10 AM Eastern Time; 3 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Update: Current Owen MBA student, Kirsten Kelly (Class of 2017), will also participate in this chat. Hope to see all applicants in the chat tomorrow.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Update from Live Chat mchat.php?fl=menu

"Round 1 applicants will hear a decision from our team on December 9 via email. At this point, the majority of interview invitations have been sent. However, we still are working on a few." - Bailey McChesney, Associate Director of Admissions, Vanderbilt.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Update from Live Chat mchat.php?fl=menu

"For International applicants: Most accepted international students apply in the first 2 rounds. We encourage international applicants to apply early because of the time it takes to get visas, etc. We want you to be fully prepared when you walk in the door for Orientation."
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bailey on entrepreneurship environment at Owen....

"We have a great entrepreneurship program! It is an emphasis in our curriculum and we also give a $25K grant to students who are in the program. Last year, 2 students won that grant through a pitch competition. We also have a partnership with the Nashville Entrepreneur Center which is an incubator for start ups. One of our faculty members actually founded the center and so we always have lots of local entrepreneurs who are willing to work with students in the program."
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top 3 Reasons to Join Vanderbilt Owen...... (By Bailey McChesney, Associate Director of Admissions at Vanderbilt)

• The first thing I would say is the culture - we only have 170-180 students in each class so students have the opportunity to form deeper relationships with each other and their professors. You really get to know and invest in everyone in your class.
  • The second thing I would say is career opportunities. We were just ranked #1 by the Economist for "Opening New Career Opportunities." Because of the small class size, every student has a personal career coach and we think that helps you better prepare for the next step. That career coach is able to coach you on your resume, interviewing, how to approach an alumni, should you attend a national career fair, etc.
  • The third thing would be our alumni network. As an Owen student, you not only have the Owen network but you also have the larger Vanderbilt network. Every student that has gone through the MBA program has experienced that small class size and those strong relationships and so I think that are sometimes more willing to help because of that. Also, because of the class size, they only have a handful of students reaching out to them every year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Did any Indian candidate received invite? According to the chat they have already sent out majority of invites.
Intern
Intern
Status:You will get what you deserve; Patience is the key.
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
sarvesh231189 wrote:
Did any Indian candidate received invite? According to the chat they have already sent out majority of invites.

i received invitation at 6:52 am IST
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Are there any Service Academy Grads applying? USNA/USMA/USAFA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
hkt22 wrote:
sarvesh231189 wrote:

i received invitation at 6:52 am IST

Has any other Indian applicant received.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Would applicants who have been interviewed mind sharing your experience? :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Kudos
Bncong wrote:

I had a campus visit & interview on Wednesday. The interview went well, and if you prepare for standard behavioral questions (questions in line with what others have mentioned), you will do great. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and helpful which made for a relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend checking out the campus for yourself if it is a plausible option.

Ben
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bens89 wrote:
Bncong wrote:

I had a campus visit & interview on Wednesday. The interview went well, and if you prepare for standard behavioral questions (questions in line with what others have mentioned), you will do great. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and helpful which made for a relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend checking out the campus for yourself if it is a plausible option.

Ben

Thanks a lot Ben. I wish I could visit the campus but it is a (Pacific) ocean away so ... You seemed to have a great time time there. Do you mind sharing with us some of the questions in your interview? Are there any tricky one?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Bncong wrote:
Thanks a lot Ben. I wish I could visit the campus but it is a (Pacific) ocean away so ... You seemed to have a great time time there. Do you mind sharing with us some of the questions in your interview? Are there any tricky one?

I'm here right now for my interview tomorrow morning. I've driven through Nashville a few times before but I am completely blown away with campus, the area and Nashville in general. This place is amazing. I've never been anywhere like it. I've only been here for the day and I can already see what everyone is talking about. I'll also share my interview experience tomorrow once I'm home.

Edit: Completed interview today with Christie St-John, Director of Admissions. Easily the best interview I've had so far. She was a total professional. Almost seamlessly transitioned from one question to the other. All of the same basic questions with the exception of a few:
"If your supervisor/peers/subordinates were to describe you with three adjectives, what would they say?"
"What other MBA programs have you applied to and why?"

Honestly drawing a blank on the third I was going to post but I guess that'll happen after a seven and a half hour drive immediately following the interview. Will update if I can remember it. Good luck everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Bncong wrote:

I'm here right now for my interview tomorrow morning. I've driven through Nashville a few times before but I am completely blown away with campus, the area and Nashville in general. This place is amazing. I've never been anywhere like it. I've only been here for the day and I can already see what everyone is talking about. I'll also share my interview experience tomorrow once I'm home.

Edit: Completed interview today with Christie St-John, Director of Admissions. Easily the best interview I've had so far. She was a total professional. Almost seamlessly transitioned from one question to the other. All of the same basic questions with the exception of a few:
"If your supervisor/peers/subordinates were to describe you with three adjectives, what would they say?"
"What other MBA programs have you applied to and why?"

Honestly drawing a blank on the third I was going to post but I guess that'll happen after a seven and a half hour drive immediately following the interview. Will update if I can remember it. Good luck everyone!!

Really appreciate your sharing. I'm having my interview in the next few hours. Will share my experience right after the interview finishes.
My English speaking ability is not really great so I'm a little bit nervous now @@
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Bncong wrote:
Really appreciate your sharing. I'm having my interview in the next few hours. Will share my experience right after the interview finishes.
My English speaking ability is not really great so I'm a little bit nervous now @@

Don't be nervous, you're gonna do great. Remember, they invited you to interview for a reason. Be sure to maintain eye contact and even if you stumble or get off track, be confident in every answer you give and question you ask. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts