Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019 [#permalink]
roloto wrote:
kneave wrote:
I submitted my email to be added to the Facebook group about a week ago. Is the group created yet? How long does it take to be added to it?

Where you do request to be added to the Facebook group?

There is a link on the admitted student page on the "Welcome" tab

https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/admitted/mba/welcome-aug
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kneave wrote:
roloto wrote:
kneave wrote:
I submitted my email to be added to the Facebook group about a week ago. Is the group created yet? How long does it take to be added to it?

Where you do request to be added to the Facebook group?

There is a link on the admitted student page on the "Welcome" tab

https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/admitted/mba/welcome-aug

Thanks. I submitted my request and was added almost immediately. If you haven't been let in yet, you may have used the wrong email - they need the one that you use to log into Facebook.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Any Toronto admits here interested in meeting up?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fromleshan wrote:
Any Toronto admits here interested in meeting up?

Yup - DM me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1103 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.85
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys... I got recently admitted to EMBA Americas and I am now in the middle of finding the way to fund the dream. I would like to start getting in touch with all the J-Term and class of 2019, because hopefully we will share some clubs, classrooms and events. I already have some ideas that I would like to discuss with future classmates, so lets start sharing those ideas to start at full speed on day one! I will not be able to join the Dec 3rd event, but I hope everybody enjoys it and further connect to have the best time of our lives.

Cheers from Mexico!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hello Class of 2019!
Congratulations to all!

Quick question about the ED Deposit of $6000 to be paid to CBS...
I'm a domestic candidate and selected wire transfer as my method of payment. However, I'm confused as to who the 'beneficiary' is when putting in transfer details... is it Wells Fargo bank or Columbia University?

Additionally, if I have accepted my online reply form by putting in Wire Transfer as the method of payment... can I pay by check instead now or should I call admissions and make them aware.

This should be so simple, I feel silly asking these questions!

Thanks in advance! :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
18967mba wrote:
Hello Class of 2019!
Congratulations to all!

I'm a domestic candidate and selected wire transfer as my method of payment. However, I'm confused as to who the 'beneficiary' is when putting in transfer details... is it Wells Fargo bank or Columbia University?

Additionally, if I have accepted my online reply form by putting in Wire Transfer as the method of payment... can I pay by check instead now or should I call admissions and make them aware.

No worries - I had the same question when I was wiring my deposit. I feel the instruction on the web page could have been more clear. I am international and I put Columbia University as the name of the beneficiary. The transfer went through fine without any issue. I think the account does belong to Wells Fargo but as long as you have the correct routing number and account number it should be fine.

As for changing the method of payment - I think it's fine as long as you let them know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1103 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.85
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
skyblueseven wrote:
18967mba wrote:
Hello Class of 2019!
Congratulations to all!

No worries - I had the same question when I was wiring my deposit. I feel the instruction on the web page could have been more clear. I am international and I put Columbia University as the name of the beneficiary. The transfer went through fine without any issue. I think the account does belong to Wells Fargo but as long as you have the correct routing number and account number it should be fine.

As for changing the method of payment - I think it's fine as long as you let them know.

Hi guys
I work for a bank and know that the beneficiary is the entity which ultimately owns the account. I am international and had the same question while wiring the initial deposit. Then I double checked the payment instructions in the online letter of admission (same site you can see your application status), and realized that at the beginning of the domestic wire instructions it stated CU as beneficiary. I also think is just a matter to let them know you are changing the payment method and you'lll be ok.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Hello all! Really excited to move from the "Applicants" forum to the "Admitted" one! I was absolutely thrilled by the acceptance call!

I have a couple questions regarding the verification process:

1.) Do they always contact your current employer? I started with my current company in August 2016 and would rather not tell them until a few weeks before I leave. Is there any way to ensure my privacy regarding CBS from my current employer?

2.) How in-depth do the verifiers go? My former employer (from Jan 2013 thru Aug 2016) had multiple offices. I worked out of two of them. On the application, I lazily put the name of the larger city's office, even though I'm sure HR records show I was in an office in a smaller town. I'm probably overthinking this.

Also, as a future career changer, I'd love to apply for a pre-MBA internship. Does CBS help w/ this effort? At what point is it appropriate to begin applying as an incoming student of CBS? At the top of my resume, I was going to write something like:

Graduate Education
Columbia Business School, New York, NY
Full-Time MBA
Incoming Class of 2019

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing some of you on Dec 3rd
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Thank you so much skyblueseven and Bull78!
I just wired the deposit this morning :)

Btw- I have my PID and recd. an email with access to the admitted student website (including my username)... Any ideas how I can activate/ get my lifetime email? Is there a separate email I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance!!

Bull78 wrote:
skyblueseven wrote:
18967mba wrote:
Hello Class of 2019!
Congratulations to all!

Hi guys
I work for a bank and know that the beneficiary is the entity which ultimately owns the account. I am international and had the same question while wiring the initial deposit. Then I double checked the payment instructions in the online letter of admission (same site you can see your application status), and realized that at the beginning of the domestic wire instructions it stated CU as beneficiary. I also think is just a matter to let them know you are changing the payment method and you'lll be ok.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
USApp01 wrote:
Hello all! Really excited to move from the "Applicants" forum to the "Admitted" one! I was absolutely thrilled by the acceptance call!

1.) Do they always contact your current employer? I started with my current company in August 2016 and would rather not tell them until a few weeks before I leave. Is there any way to ensure my privacy regarding CBS from my current employer?

2.) How in-depth do the verifiers go? My former employer (from Jan 2013 thru Aug 2016) had multiple offices. I worked out of two of them. On the application, I lazily put the name of the larger city's office, even though I'm sure HR records show I was in an office in a smaller town. I'm probably overthinking this.

Also, as a future career changer, I'd love to apply for a pre-MBA internship. Does CBS help w/ this effort? At what point is it appropriate to begin applying as an incoming student of CBS? At the top of my resume, I was going to write something like:

Graduate Education
Full-Time MBA
Incoming Class of 2019

For 1) this is definitely something you should tell the admissions office. I think they are pretty accommodating for this kind of situation.

For 2) just my personal opinion that you're over thinking about this. a lot of companies have multiple offices and it's nothing out of the ordinary that you would put the office headquarter address.

For pre MBA internship, I haven't heard of CBS helping in any official capacity, since you're not a official student yet, just an incoming one. It would have to be self initiated. You can start identifying yourself as an incoming CBS student now if you want to. Also I think the convention is to put "MBA Candidate" instead of just "Full-Time MBA" on your resume. Not sure where the convention comes from, just from what I see on social media and resumes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
kneave wrote:
USApp01 wrote:

Graduate Education
Full-Time MBA
Incoming Class of 2019

For 1) this is definitely something you should tell the admissions office. I think they are pretty accommodating for this kind of situation.

For 2) just my personal opinion that you're over thinking about this. a lot of companies have multiple offices and it's nothing out of the ordinary that you would put the office headquarter address.

For pre MBA internship, I haven't heard of CBS helping in any official capacity, since you're not a official student yet, just an incoming one. It would have to be self initiated. You can start identifying yourself as an incoming CBS student now if you want to. Also I think the convention is to put "MBA Candidate" instead of just "Full-Time MBA" on your resume. Not sure where the convention comes from, just from what I see on social media and resumes.

Excellent, thanks so much for your help. You've affirmed my thoughts on these matters, and it was helpful to get someone else's perspective. If you ultimately choose CBS, I look forward to meeting you next year!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
USApp01 wrote:
kneave wrote:
USApp01 wrote:

Graduate Education
Full-Time MBA
Incoming Class of 2019

Excellent, thanks so much for your help. You've affirmed my thoughts on these matters, and it was helpful to get someone else's perspective. If you ultimately choose CBS, I look forward to meeting you next year!

Revera FAQ says that you can place an employment hold for the verification of your current employer. See https://www.reveraservices.com/FAQ.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Thought this was pretty interesting. year 1 salaries for CBS MBA grads that had debt seem to be absurdly higher than other top schools.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/104117878
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51
Send PM
anon44444 wrote:
Thought this was pretty interesting. year 1 salaries for CBS MBA grads that had debt seem to be absurdly higher than other top schools.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/104117878

These are 3 years out of school salaries :\

+ I'm sure if one adjusts for percentage of graduates placing in NYC, the picture would look quite differently
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hello,

Super excited to be going to CBS!

My deposit was received yesterday - I haven't seen anything about Vera on the To Do list online, should I find that somewhere else?

In the email they sent me confirming they have my deposit, they wrote 'If you have not already, please fill out the online enrollment form which you can find on your Status Page.'. I can't see an enrollment form anywhere on my Status Page....can someone help?

Also, I can't actually access my facebook email, is that how you added to the FB group?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nualat wrote:
Hello,

Super excited to be going to CBS!

My deposit was received yesterday - I haven't seen anything about Vera on the To Do list online, should I find that somewhere else?

In the email they sent me confirming they have my deposit, they wrote 'If you have not already, please fill out the online enrollment form which you can find on your Status Page.'. I can't see an enrollment form anywhere on my Status Page....can someone help?

Also, I can't actually access my facebook email, is that how you added to the FB group?

Thanks !

1. Keep checking the To Do list periodically, they add stuff to it over time
2. On the status page, there should be a section called "forms". If it's checked already, that means you already filled it out.
3. Yes, you need to click "accept" through a link on the email. I think you should be able to change your FB email without access to the old one. I don't remember going to my old email when I changed it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts