Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Status:You will get what you deserve; Patience is the key.
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Received an invite a couple hours ago
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.9
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Got an interview invite yesterday. Scheduled my interview on 2nd December. Those who are done with their interview, please share your experiences and suggestions. Any kind of insights will definitely help us.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, have anyone had their interview already? Can you please share your experiences?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
The thread looks dead. Someone might want to share his/her interview experience. I am sure it'll be of help to a lot.

Thank You.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview a couple of days back, with a current student! Which was surprising as I wasn't aware that current students take interviews at Carlson.

It turned out to be a great interview though, and I got a better idea on my interviewer's perspective on Carlson as well.

The questions asked were pretty usual at first:
Why MBA
Why now
Why Carlson
Short term-long term goals.

But then we delved into a few specifics of these goals. I think it is important to know the school well and what it has to offer and how you fit in.

And yes, last was the 2 min extempore bit, where I was told to sell an idea / product etc to my interviewer.

Now awaiting the results!

Anybody else done with their interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I had my interview with Dana Daniele a couple of days back. She is very cool and kept the interview as friendly as possible (We both smiled multiple times as we moved ahead with the interview ;-)). It was for around 45 minutes.

Started with "Walk me through your resume", followed by a few traditional questions:
Why MBA?
Why Carlson?
Why now?
Strengths and weaknesses
Then it went on some specific aspects of my profile. First and foremost thing is that you should know what all you have mentioned about self in your SOP, resume/CV, optional essay. By knowing I mean, they want to see if you actually are the person whom you have projected as in your profile and essays. So, be prepared with good number of situations where in you have proved yourself,
As a leader
As a team member
As an eligible candidate for a B school etc,.
Don't miss out on any single quality or word you have mentioned in the essays and resume.
Expect one question, where they would give you a scenario and you will be asked to face it your way.
Be very clear and specific on your post MBA goals, both short term and long term.
Finally I was asked to talk for 2 minutes on any of my favorite topics.
Once it is done, be prepared with some set of questions for interviewer.
Altogether it was a great experience for me, this being my first admission interview.
Bit tensed about result though. Should wait till Jan 15th.

Be confident and you will do it.
All the best :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys! Did Carlson ever reach out to any of your three references?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
rsethi1 wrote:
Hi guys! Did Carlson ever reach out to any of your three references?

In my case, NO. Is it something like they reach out to our references as a final step for admission? Is there any current student in the forum who can talk on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got my interview last friday with Tedi Mason.
She was very nice and helpful through the process and asked the typical questions, why carlson, why mba, why now, short term and long term goals, specific question about my career, why would I change careers, and talk 2 minutes about something (introducing her to something new).
Director
Director
Send PM
alramda wrote:
She was very nice and helpful through the process and asked the typical questions, why carlson, why mba, why now, short term and long term goals, specific question about my career, why would I change careers, and talk 2 minutes about something (introducing her to something new).

This looks so cool. I think it must be pretty chilled out! How long did it go for? Also, did you ask any questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keats wrote:
alramda wrote:

This looks so cool. I think it must be pretty chilled out! How long did it go for? Also, did you ask any questions?

It was very chill. It took 30 minutes. I asked a couple questions regarding clubs and to put in contact with current student.
Director
Director
Send PM
That sounds so cool, alramda I hope you get through! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keats wrote:
That sounds so cool, alramda I hope you get through! Good luck! I hope the new year brings a lot of good things in our lives.

Thank you! Me too!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [1]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hi All,

I am a First Year student at Carlson. I would strongly recommend you to look at last year's thread. We had done a decent job of consolidating last years interview questions and timelines (as well I think). Reach out with additional questions.

Good luck!
Any other interview debriefs? Did any of you, who had their interviews, hear back from Carlson?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Have any round 2 applicants heard anything yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I still haven't heard back from them. I had my interview December 2nd.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts