Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
woohoo, just done 2nd interview with Adcom , now it is in god's hand :-)

My application timeline was :
Oct 14 Campus tour with Nol, Anita and Mridul
Nov 8 submited application and fee
Nov 14 got invited to interview
Nov 25 1st interview with a current student ,Jan
Dec 6 2nd interview with adcom

They mentioned I am one of the last students they will inteview in R1, and result should be out in couple weeks before Xmas
Good luck to everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HKUST '19 (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hey all:

Just wanted to share that I have been admitted into the program. Now, scrambling for funding and have until Jan 10 to make a decision. Any suggestions?

Thanks and all the best to everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
puneetv wrote:
Hey all:

Just wanted to share that I have been admitted into the program. Now, scrambling for funding and have until Jan 10 to make a decision. Any suggestions?

Puneet,

Can you share your application timelines? And which location are you from?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dhruv111 wrote:
puneetv wrote:
Hey all:

Puneet,

Thank you

Sure, my interview was on Nov 18, got an email from the admissions office on Dec 2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
puneetv wrote:
dhruv111 wrote:
puneetv wrote:
Hey all:

Puneet,

Thank you

Sure, my interview was on Nov 18, got an email from the admissions office on Dec 2.

P.S. I am working in China and applied from here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Awesome. Congratulations Puneet :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi all,

In the interview mail that I received from HKUST MBA, it also does mention that:
=====================================================================
If you are attending a Skype interview, you can mail the document(s) to the MBA Office:
- Official transcript in an envelope sealed by your University / the issuing organization
- Certified true copy of your graduate certificate (not necessary for degree obtained from Universities in Hong Kong). You may obtain a certified true copy through the service provided by either a notary public, chartered accountant or practicing solitcitor
- Official TOEFL / IELTS score report (if applicable)
All of the above documents must be supplemented with English translation. The documents are not required to arrive at the MBA Office prior the Skype interview, but we do ask
========================================================================

So, may I request if someone can please suggest as to what does official transcript means because I have never come across it before and am I supposed to send it before a particular date?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards
Sumit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumit31011986 wrote:
Hi all,

In the interview mail that I received from HKUST MBA, it also does mention that:
=====================================================================
If you are attending a Skype interview, you can mail the document(s) to the MBA Office:
- Official transcript in an envelope sealed by your University / the issuing organization
- Certified true copy of your graduate certificate (not necessary for degree obtained from Universities in Hong Kong). You may obtain a certified true copy through the service provided by either a notary public, chartered accountant or practicing solitcitor
- Official TOEFL / IELTS score report (if applicable)
All of the above documents must be supplemented with English translation. The documents are not required to arrive at the MBA Office prior the Skype interview, but we do ask
========================================================================

So, may I request if someone can please suggest as to what does official transcript means because I have never come across it before and am I supposed to send it before a particular date?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards
Sumit

Your under-grad college will usually give a consolidate document of your academic performance. It will have other details as well - language medium, projects etc. These are given upon special request for applications to higher education. The document comes with a official college stamp.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Any idea on when HKUST will announce the results?
Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I finished both of my interviews till Nov 30. However, I do not yet know if HKUST has received the documents from my undergrad college. Do they email you to confirm the same?

Thanks,
Harsh
(GMAT - 730, GPA - 3.8, 7.5 yrs finance and strategy experience, last 4 yrs as entrepreneur)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

Was done with my second interview on 28th Nov. 2016 and thereafter did send the required documents to MBA office but haven't heard anything thereafter.

Can anyone please suggest, if HKUST intimates the outcome(selected or not selected) via mail.

Regards
Sumit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My institute forgot to post the transcripts because the transcripts team was understaffed! Have got the sealed envelopes from them and will be doing so myself tomorrow.

I'm super tense now. Have written to the MBA admissions team explaining my situation. Sending all my documents tomorrow by express courier. Hope this does not adversely impact my candidature :? :|

Can someone tell me if delay in sending transcripts will be looked upon negatively?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumit31011986 wrote:
Hi all,

Was done with my second interview on 28th Nov. 2016 and thereafter did send the required documents to MBA office but haven't heard anything thereafter.

Can anyone please suggest, if HKUST intimates the outcome(selected or not selected) via mail.

Regards
Sumit

Read in one of the previous year posts - some people got notified by email, some people got a call to communicate acceptance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I did upload my Under-Grad transcript as a part of my application on HKUST MBA site but guess my Under-Grad University didn't send it out.

Is it possible that I can send the stamped photocopy of same to HKUST as not sure whether original copy should be sent or not.

Please suggest.

Regards
Sumit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the moment of joy...no surprises for guessing though :) :)
I called up HKUST MBA AdCom to find out the status of my application and was thrilled to hear that I have made it through...got speechless and short of words.
With regards to documents, one can submit the hardcopies even after you get a final call.

Thanks all for your kind advise and hope to meet most of you at HKUST MBA.

Regards
Sumit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
sumit31011986 wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the moment of joy...no surprises for guessing though :) :)
I called up HKUST MBA AdCom to find out the status of my application and was thrilled to hear that I have made it through...got speechless and short of words.
With regards to documents, one can submit the hardcopies even after you get a final call.

Thanks all for your kind advise and hope to meet most of you at HKUST MBA.

Regards
Sumit

Hi Sumit,
Congratulations for making to HKUST.

could you share the contact information of the ad com whom you got in touch with?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I received the email today morning. Re: Documents, I posted a fresh set of documents to them already.

Harsh

Originally posted by Harshmody on 14 Dec 2016, 01:21.
Last edited by Harshmody on 14 Dec 2016, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts