Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hi all. My interview is on the 21st. Unfortunately I can't visit the campus. Good luck to you all. I hope you all did well in yours. CAVU inkpepper
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
and by the way in the email it says: "You will receive more information about the format of your interview as the date gets closer. " That hasn't happened yet. I'm wondering if any of you could shed some light on the interview process. Thanks you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
watchmyreplay wrote:
and by the way in the email it says: "You will receive more information about the format of your interview as the date gets closer. " That hasn't happened yet. I'm wondering if any of you could shed some light on the interview process. Thanks you.

It's kinda vague for sure, but what they actually mean is that 24 hours before your interview they'll send you all the details regarding how the interview is conducted and what you need to prepare. It's a mini-case that you need to think through and present. Then some Q & A.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
watchmyreplay wrote:

It's kinda vague for sure, but what they actually mean is that 24 hours before your interview they'll send you all the details regarding how the interview is conducted and what you need to prepare. It's a mini-case that you need to think through and present. Then some Q & A.

Thanks a lot CAVU. So it's like the round 2 interview(final) last year. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm done with my interview too. Super excited about the program and its new campus(2018 class would be the first class to move into there). Is anyone else still waiting for his/her interview? Good luck to you all.

If you are interviewing on skype from a different time zone, I would recommend you to find the best internet connection that you could possibly find. If you get 60M/s download and 50M/s upload on speedtest.net. It should be solid. Skype apparently requires very good connection.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone still have an upcoming interview?

It sounds like most of us have completed the interview, but I was wondering if anyone still has one coming up, since they probably wait to release decisions until all interviews are in the bag, but that's just my guess...unless anyone has any other info regarding the decision release date :) ?

Nonetheless, the waiting game continues for now. But decisions have got to be right around the corner. Good luck to you all!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Anyone with any news?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
Anyone with any news?

Nothing on my end ashman843. This wait is brutal...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
ashman843 wrote:
Anyone with any news?

Couldn't agree with you more CAVU. Wish there was some sort of a clearer deadline.! Guess there's no other choice but to wait.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
CAVU wrote:
ashman843 wrote:
Anyone with any news?

Couldn't agree with you more CAVU. Wish there was some sort of a clearer deadline.! Guess there's no other choice but to wait.

I wish there was a published decision date too. But given the time of year, we can infer a range: minimum it'll be tomorrow and maximum it'll be Friday, December 16. So, it's likely to be sometime over the next 10 days.

According to this page https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Cornell-Community/Academic-Calendar, classes wrapped up December 2 at Cornell Tech and the regular 2-year Johnson students go on break December 16, as I assume the admissions staff does as well.

I put my money on sometime this week :)

Manager
Manager
Send PM
CAVU wrote:

I wish there was a published decision date too. But given the time of year, we can infer a range: minimum it'll be tomorrow and maximum it'll be Friday, December 16. So, it's likely to be sometime over the next 10 days.

According to this page https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Cornell-Community/Academic-Calendar, classes wrapped up December 2 at Cornell Tech and the regular 2-year Johnson students go on break December 16, as I assume the admissions staff does as well.

Pretty smart deduction there @cavu.a true Sherlock in the making. :) Next ten days of anxiety it is!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
CAVU wrote:

Pretty smart deduction there @cavu.a true Sherlock in the making. :) Next ten days of anxiety it is!

Haha thanks ashman843, let's just hope my detective work is correct!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just wanna see a show of hands, who are checking this thread first thing every morning and three times every night?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
watchmyreplay wrote:
Just wanna see a show of hands, who are checking this thread first thing every morning and three times every night?

same here

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone receive an email from CT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
Did anyone receive an email from CT?

Yes ashman843. Got an email from admissions team. Dec 16th 5pm is the decision release time :) For me, it is exactly one day after ISB's acceptance deposit deadline.
I see that you are also in similar situation. Have you decided b/w ISB and IIMA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
SVTTCGMAT wrote:
Nitin02jan wrote:
Hi Guys,
This is Nitin Nair and I'm very new to this forum.
Got 8+ years of experience in Pre-Sales across Consulting , IT and Telecom Industries.
Interested in Tech MBA program coz I'm planning my own venture in future (already have one failed venture and another WIP idea under my belt) but not immediately after the program.
I believe this program provides an equal opportunity for an entrepreneur and also for the one who is looking to build his career in technology companies.
Can anyone share more details like the average age and work experience of the students in Tech MBA.

Nitin,
Yes, this program fits perfectly for someone who is looking for Tech product management roles/ Tech Entrepreneurship. I think the average work experience would be around 5-6 years.
I spoke with few students when i attended the open house 2 months back. From what i understand, few students try to start their own companies but most of them end up in Tech Product management kind of roles.

Thank u

Sent from my SM-G920I using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts