Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Dondarrion wrote:
Checking in, waitlisted for the JD/MBA program

Oh hello, fancy seeing you here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Wailist :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [4]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Prospective Class of 2019,

My name is JC. I'm a current 2nd year at Booth (your friendly neighbor down south) and once a former waitlisted applicant, who frequented these forums when I applied way back in 2014.

That said, over the last year, I've had many one-on-one informal conversations with prospectives and decided to consolidate all that info into a single, distributable post. To that end, I recently wrote a medium post on tactics for improving your chances on the waitlist based on my personal experience and research.

Though the case study I run through is about my own process through Booth, I believe many of the tactics will be broadly applicable.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://medium.com/@positivelyjc/so-youve-been-waitlisted-now-what-cfc344779153#.xepc3d990
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
positivelyJC wrote:
Hi Prospective Class of 2019,

My name is JC. I'm a current 2nd year at Booth (your friendly neighbor down south) and once a former waitlisted applicant, who frequented these forums when I applied way back in 2014.

That said, over the last year, I've had many one-on-one informal conversations with prospectives and decided to consolidate all that info into a single, distributable post. To that end, I recently wrote a medium post on tactics for improving your chances on the waitlist based on my personal experience and research.

Though the case study I run through is about my own process through Booth, I believe many of the tactics will be broadly applicable.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://medium.com/@positivelyjc/so-youve-been-waitlisted-now-what-cfc344779153#.xepc3d990

JC, this is awesome and it's so generous of you to put this together and distribute for the benefit of others. Congrats on getting in. I'm bookmarking this link and plan to tweet it!~ :) farrell
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
also on the waitlist - January through August is a wide window to hear back :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Cambridge2013 wrote:
also on the waitlist - January through August is a wide window to hear back :(

From what I've heard, most decisions will come back in March after the R2 decision date. Admitted students have until mid-February to make their final decision so I bet there will a few spots then as well. It'd make sense that there could be more after the R2 admitted commit deadline, too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
In the waitlist update, it says that someone will reach out within the next few weeks. I assume there are no immediate steps we need to take in the meantime?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sfp2017 wrote:
In the waitlist update, it says that someone will reach out within the next few weeks. I assume there are no immediate steps we need to take in the meantime?

Correct. I called admissions last week with a couple of unrelated questions and asked about that, too. He said emails would go out sometime in the week after New Years.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
MMM - Waitlisted here
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

How to Get Off the MBA Waitlist - YouTube Live by GMAT Club and Personal MBA Coach.

Dear Waitlisted Applicants,
You put a lot of time and effort into your MBA applications and, after months of hard work, you’re…waiting. It’s ok to scream into a pillow or go to town on a punching bag. It’s frustrating! But after you do, sign up for this youtube live session hosted by Scott Edinburgh, Founder of Personal MBA Coach. He'll talk about the process, the stats, do's and don'ts, and what has worked for his clients in the past. He'll wrap everything up with a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this!

About Scott Edinburgh

A Wharton MBA graduate with a BS from MIT, Scott has been an MBA admissions consultant for eight years and has helped hundreds of applicants around the world get into top MBA programs. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process and making dreams come true for applicants from Tokyo to San Francisco and everywhere in between, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant. He ran Global Strategy / Corporate Development as a Director of a 700 person leading independent publishing company. He also worked for InterContinental Hotels Group in Global Strategy, as well as JP Morgan and Deloitte Consulting in Mergers & Acquisitions. His experience in many of the jobs applicants have today or hope to obtain post-MBA helps him advise them on the best ways to not only get into their top choice schools, but position themselves for their dream jobs.

As an individual MBA admissions consultant, he takes the time to get to know every client personally as they go through the journey together. This starts with a deep analysis into applicant's background, an identification of his/her objectives and a thorough development of personal story. His no BS approach ensures that nothing falls through the cracks and his feedback is honest, non-sugar coated and immediate. He push his clients very hard and the work pays off. 96% of his clients got into one of their top two or three schools. He works with applicants applying to full-time MBA programs as well as Executive and part-time MBA programs.

Date and Time:

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time (4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India; 12 AM Singapore)

Joining Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-wDgaTpMU

Add this event to your Google calendar

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Has anyone sent in an update post confirming interest to stay on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shravansridhar wrote:
Has anyone sent in an update post confirming interest to stay on the waitlist?

I did a few weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Send PM
All quiet until after March 22nd. The waiting game sucks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Has anyone heard back with a decision? Since Feb 9th was the deposit deadline for R1 I'm assuming a few waitlisters would've heard back.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
shravansridhar wrote:
Has anyone heard back with a decision? Since Feb 9th was the deposit deadline for R1 I'm assuming a few waitlisters would've heard back.

According to the waitlist FAQ, we won't hear back until the R2 decisions, which are on March 22. The long wait continues.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dondarrion wrote:
shravansridhar wrote:

According to the waitlist FAQ, we won't hear back until the R2 decisions, which are on March 22. The long wait continues.

I think there's a chance we may hear back a little earlier (i.e. in the week leading up to the 22nd) based on my correspondence with an admissions officer. I don't have anything super concrete, but in context it looks like 22 March is more of a no-later-than than anything.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
tneu64 wrote:
Dondarrion wrote:
shravansridhar wrote:

I think there's a chance we may hear back a little earlier (i.e. in the week leading up to the 22nd) based on my correspondence with an admissions officer. I don't have anything super concrete, but in context it looks like 22 March is more of a no-later-than than anything.

Thanks! That's some helpful insight. Can I ask who your Waitlist Manager is?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts