Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Top Contributor
Today: Live Chat with CBS Admission Director in 1 hour 30 mins

Dear Applicants,Today Kelsey Kephart, Assistant Director of Admissions at Columbia will be joining us in a live chat on GMATClub. Kelsey will chat with prospective applicants in our chat room and address their questions on CBS applications, curriculum, campus life, and employment prospects after MBA. We hope all of you will attend this chat. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

December 20, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific Time; 11:30 AM Eastern Time; 4:30 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
MBAforthedream wrote:
Applied October 4,
Interview notice December 13, interviewed 17 and accepted 19!!

So happy :)

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Congrats!! Amazing news! I'm sure this will the holidays that much more enjoyable :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM

CBS Adcom chat starts in 20 minutes. Join main chat room to participate mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, December 20: Live Chat with CBS Admission Director

Dear Applicants, On coming Tuesday Kelsey Kephart, Assistant Director of Admissions at Columbia will be joining us in a live chat on GMATClub. Kelsey will chat with prospective applicants in our chat room and address their questions on CBS applications, curriculum, campus life, and employment prospects after MBA. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for the adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

December 20, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific Time; 11:30 AM Eastern Time; 4:30 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Click here to see complete live Q&A schedule.

Attachment:
CBS_Chat.png
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Reapplicant

Admitted on: 2016/10/26
Heard back via: Phone
GMAT: 760, Q50, V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: 55 months
Industry: Health Care
Decision Received on: 2016/10/26
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
will i be notified when my interviewer completes his feedback?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
20167mba wrote:
will i be notified when my interviewer completes his feedback?

Yes - you will receive an email that mentions that feedback has been submitted and you can expect a decision in X weeks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
I applied on November 13, still haven't heard back. Any one else who applied during that time who has heard back?? :( The anxiety is excruciating ....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone knows what the process is after an interview? some people seem to be hearing back in 1 day and some more than 1 week..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V47
GRE 1: Q164 V164
Send PM
Anyone know where they are at for application dates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Received an interview invite on December 28, 2016. Applied on November 9, 2016.

Location - Canada
GMAT - 760
Work Experience - 3 years
Industry - Law
Intern
Intern
Send PM
has anyone received a call recently? or anyone waiting to hear back post-interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an interview invite today, applied Nov 13.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
seems like no decisions have been made in awhile. anyone got a call or rejection after interviewing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys have a quick question regarding the application.

This is actually a question for the admissions team but they're closed until Wednesday and I probably shouldn't be waiting until then to submit my application. I was wondering if you or any of you might have an insight into GMAT score retake option for CBS application.

CBS application form has an option which lets me update my GMAT score in case I want to retake. However there seems to be a bit of a catch. There are two options on the application form regarding this

1.) Explicitly state the date on which you intend to retake the test.-

Selecting this option that will result in the admissions team not reviewing the application until the retake date. I've asked this repeatedly and admissions team has confirmed the same. My question is whether this means a) getting behind the queue in terms of both review and decision OR b) whether they'll give me credit for the fact that I applied sooner even though they'll review my application on/after retake date.

2.) Select not retaking the test and potentially lose a chance to upgrade my score. Any chance I can update this and still submit my updated score a week or two later anyway?

The main issue is CBS gets nearly 30% of the entire applications in the Jan 02-04 window and if I'm being reviewed after the retake date I think it might be more punitive than submitting the score of 720.

Any chance anyone might be able to advise on this issue? I'm really out of depth here and no one seems to be sure. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
For alum interviews, did everyone still wear a suit even if meeting in a coffee shop? I suppose it's still better to be over-dressed rather than under, but wondering if anyone had a different experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cogen234 wrote:
Hi guys have a quick question regarding the application.

This is actually a question for the admissions team but they're closed until Wednesday and I probably shouldn't be waiting until then to submit my application. I was wondering if you or any of you might have an insight into GMAT score retake option for CBS application.

CBS application form has an option which lets me update my GMAT score in case I want to retake. However there seems to be a bit of a catch. There are two options on the application form regarding this

1.) Explicitly state the date on which you intend to retake the test.-

Selecting this option that will result in the admissions team not reviewing the application until the retake date. I've asked this repeatedly and admissions team has confirmed the same. My question is whether this means a) getting behind the queue in terms of both review and decision OR b) whether they'll give me credit for the fact that I applied sooner even though they'll review my application on/after retake date.

2.) Select not retaking the test and potentially lose a chance to upgrade my score. Any chance I can update this and still submit my updated score a week or two later anyway?

The main issue is CBS gets nearly 30% of the entire applications in the Jan 02-04 window and if I'm being reviewed after the retake date I think it might be more punitive than submitting the score of 720.

Any chance anyone might be able to advise on this issue? I'm really out of depth here and no one seems to be sure. Thanks

Hi guys does anyone have any advice on this? Hitting up against the Jan 04 date now! Any inputs appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, anything at all? Literally any context would help me. It's getting really close!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts