Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
ngbpy wrote:
Hi,

I have one question to those who already applied, about the procedure to schedule for on-campus interview. I'm about to submit my application, and I'm fro South America, I'll be at Chicago for three days for work. I want to schedule in those days if possible. I just want to know what happens if I select on-compus interview, and then, when I have to schedule, there are no longer appointments available on the dates available. Would I be able to change my interview preference back to off-campus???

Would like to know the same too!
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
As I mentioned above, you should call the adcom about your specific situation. I would not stake anything on replies/advice from a message board for something like this.

Good luck!

jerrygmat wrote:
ngbpy wrote:
Hi,

I have one question to those who already applied, about the procedure to schedule for on-campus interview. I'm about to submit my application, and I'm fro South America, I'll be at Chicago for three days for work. I want to schedule in those days if possible. I just want to know what happens if I select on-compus interview, and then, when I have to schedule, there are no longer appointments available on the dates available. Would I be able to change my interview preference back to off-campus???

Would like to know the same too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
1Y program

Researching or Writing Essays
GMAT: 680, Q49, V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: 36 months
Industry: Other
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Round 2 Application Deadline Reminder
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/round1deadlineapproaching.png?w=627

Are you looking to start your MBA journey in 2017?

This is a friendly reminder that our deadline for Round 2 applications is quickly approaching. To be considered for Round 2, please submit all application materials by 5 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2017.

If you submit your application for Round 2, you will receive your admissions decision on March 22, 2017.

Before you submit your application, you may want to take a look at these admissions resources:

• Starting Your MBA Application (Video)
  • Tips for applying to Kellogg (Podcast)
  • How to answer Kellogg’s essay questions
  • How Kellogg applicants are assessed
If you have any questions about Kellogg’s deadlines or the application process, please contact us at mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu or .

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time program.

Filed under: Admissions https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8237/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey guys,

quick question: I have submitted my application and received an confirmation email. According to the mail, a link for the video essay will appear on my applicant page after paying the application fee. On the Kelloggg website on the other hand, it is mentioned that applicants will get a detailed mail regarding the video essay once they have paid the fess. In my case, the link has appeared, but I didn't get a mail. Is that correct or would you write a quick mail to the admissions office.
Furthermore, I am curious if I have to finish the video essay by the deadline (tomorrow) or if I have more some more days to finish it.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mathias
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi,
I have 2 questions. It would be great if someone can help me.

1. My recommender is traveling and will be able to submit R2 recommendation only by 5th Jan. If my application online is submitted before the deadline and my recommendation is submitted one day after the deadline, will the R2 application be pushed to R3?

2. Do the video essay questions also need to be submitted before 4th Jan (5pm CST)? Or they can be submitted within one week after the online application. (Let's say I submit the application on 4th Jan and respond to video essays by 10th Jan)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Usually, yes. You would be pushed to Round 3. There are deadlines for a reason. If I were you I would call the Kellogg adcom immediately and see what your options are. They may say that if YOUR materials are all in by the deadline that there is a short window for recommenders to submit afterward, but I have DEFINITELY SEEN clients be pushed to round 3 in situations like this with other top programs, so be prepared. You do NOT want to find yourself in Round 3. Do everything you can to get/help your recommender to submit before the deadline.

I am pretty sure you have until the 10th to submit the video responses.

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

1. My recommender is traveling and will be able to submit R2 recommendation only by 5th Jan. If my application online is submitted before the deadline and my recommendation is submitted one day after the deadline, will the R2 application be pushed to R3?

2. Do the video essay questions also need to be submitted before 4th Jan (5pm CST)? Or they can be submitted within one week after the online application. (Let's say I submit the application on 4th Jan and respond to video essays by 10th Jan)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q43 V46
GRE 1: Q162 V170
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I submitted my R2 application yesterday, and did the video questions after a few hours of practice.

My questions (paraphrased):
1) What would you like to try? (I named an outdoor activity)
2) What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you? (same for everyone)
3) Tell us about a time where things didn't go according to plan, and how you responded.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

quick question: I have submitted my application and received an confirmation email. According to the mail, a link for the video essay will appear on my applicant page after paying the application fee. On the Kelloggg website on the other hand, it is mentioned that applicants will get a detailed mail regarding the video essay once they have paid the fess. In my case, the link has appeared, but I didn't get a mail. Is that correct or would you write a quick mail to the admissions office.
Furthermore, I am curious if I have to finish the video essay by the deadline (tomorrow) or if I have more some more days to finish it.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mathias

Hey! You have seven days following the application deadline to complete your video essays for Kellogg (although I'd advise you to get them out of the way as early as possible). You can head to the video essay portal directly using the link on your application status page once you've paid the application fee. All the best!

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Usually, yes. You would be pushed to Round 3. There are deadlines for a reason. If I were you I would call the Kellogg adcom immediately and see what your options are. They may say that if YOUR materials are all in by the deadline that there is a short window for recommenders to submit afterward, but I have DEFINITELY SEEN clients be pushed to round 3 in situations like this with other top programs, so be prepared. You do NOT want to find yourself in Round 3. Do everything you can to get/help your recommender to submit before the deadline.

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Erika for your suggestion. I called the admissions office to explain my situation. The person who responded the call was quite helpful and was ready to consider my case. Still, to be 100% sure, I am asking my recommender to submit at the earliest by 4th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
crackdmba wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Erika for your suggestion. I called the admissions office to explain my situation. The person who responded the call was quite helpful and was ready to consider my case. Still, to be 100% sure, I am asking my recommender to submit at the earliest by 4th.

I received an email from Kellogg a few weeks back with this info and some other FAQs:

My recommender has not received the recommendation link I sent them.
Some employer email addresses may be firewalled due to security settings. We can send your recommender the link to complete your recommendation administratively - please email us with this request. All recommendations are due within 1 week of the application deadline on January 11.

Did they tell you something different when you called?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Where can i find the practice video essay questions?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
kmar1613 wrote:
Where can i find the practice video essay questions?
In your application page!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone from the second round received an interview call yet?

Regards,

Abhinoor Dhull
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
abhinoor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

Abhinoor Dhull

Yes. Got it last night. interview in 4 days. Giving me goosebumps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
Send PM
VivekD wrote:
abhinoor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

Abhinoor Dhull

Yes. Got it last night. interview in 4 days. Giving me goosebumps.

Are you doing it in person or with alumni?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
I submitted for R2 and need to complete my video questions. Can those who have completed share the behavioral question they were asked? I can't seem to find any solid information on this question compared to the icebreaker examples and obviously the remaining question is the same for everyone. Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts