Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
ruggerkaz wrote:
This is going to be my first skype interview. Can anyone please help me with the logistical stuff? Do they just call you or are you supposed to receive a 'friend' request? Just wondering how the process works.

Good luck to you all!

Also one thing I I noticed is don't sign in on different computers because your call might go to the first one you logged in on. I realized this the hard way because I didn't take my lap top with me for my interview and used my girl friends and wasn't getting the calls. But luckily was able to trouble shoot but it definitely threw me off my game. Good luck and stay calm on your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Thanks you both. I will use my roommates laptop as its better than mine. So, you suggest I log out of my own and then log into my friend's?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ruggerkaz wrote:
Thanks you both. I will use my roommates laptop as its better than mine. So, you suggest I log out of my own and then log into my friend's?

That would be a good call. But have a back up method to access skype, I did and it saved my butt on that interview since it was only a few minutes of delay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi All,

I have an interview with Jessica Voss from Olin school of business today.

I already have an admit offer from carlson with full scholarship. Is it safe to tell them that I already got an admit from other school with scholarship ?

If so, what would be the questions I might have to face ?

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
LavanyaN wrote:
Hi All,

I already have an admit offer from carlson with full scholarship. Is it safe to tell them that I already got an admit from other school with scholarship ?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly advice don't. Admission committee members aren't interested in knowing which school accepted you or how much was offered. They are only interested in your genuine interest in their program. If you talk about other schools that will turn them off real quick. If you ARE accepted at that point it is ok to TACTFULLY try to negotiate for more scholarship. Until then use that full scholarship as a safety to know you at least have that as an option and hope for something better.

Totally agreed. Just make them think Olin is THE ONE, and they are more likely going to select you and give you a good scholarship. At that point, your current offer becomes some good leverage to negotiate a better scholarship.

One thing I will share from what I see this year at Olin. For Indian students, about 35% ~ 40% get scholarships, and there are very few full rides. The older you are, the more likely you will get a scholarship. And always negotiate the scholarship before you accept your offer. A good friend of mine with the same GMAT score tried to negotiate something better AFTER he joined Olin, and had no luck at it.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tooswolle wrote:
LavanyaN wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Friendly advice don't. Admission committee members aren't interested in knowing which school accepted you or how much was offered. They are only interested in your genuine interest in their program. If you talk about other schools that will turn them off real quick. If you ARE accepted at that point it is ok to TACTFULLY try to negotiate for more scholarship. Until then use that full scholarship as a safety to know you at least have that as an option and hope for something better.

Agree with Tooswolle. If they know you already have a full tuition offer some other school they understand that it's unlikely for you to turn down that offer unless Olin offers something along similar lines. In such case they might be extra cautious in analyzing your candidacy, so, as advised by Tooswolle, use Carlson offer to negotiate with Olin only if you get admitted.

All the best for your interview today!!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
rbhasin11 wrote:
I have my interview tonight via Skype. Hoping to sail through with confidence.

How did your interview go? Mind sharing you interview experience with us?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I think it went well. I was much more confident than my last interview a couple of days back. She asked me to take her through my Resume and my accomplishments. I was asked about 3 factors that I would consider if I were to choose between offers from different schools. The rest of the questions were about my short term and long term goals, why I chose Olin for my masters and why I chose to apply now.

The interview went on for about 30 mins. I'm expecting a response from them by the end of the month.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
rbhasin11 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I think it went well. I was much more confident than my last interview a couple of days back. She asked me to take her through my Resume and my accomplishments. I was asked about 3 factors that I would consider if I were to choose between offers from different schools. The rest of the questions were about my short term and long term goals, why I chose Olin for my masters and why I chose to apply now.

The interview went on for about 30 mins. I'm expecting a response from them by the end of the month.

Thanks and good luck for the final decision!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Oops....I think I messed up Tooswolle's comment....my apologies! not sure how I did it!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
School attempted to call. Phone was unavailable.

Admitted on: 2016/12/16
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 770, Q51, V44
WE: 64 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2016/10/03
Invited on: 1969/12/31
Interviewed on: 1969/12/31
Decision Received on: 2016/12/16
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
HiLine wrote:
School attempted to call. Phone was unavailable.

Admitted on: 2016/12/16
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 770, Q51, V44
WE: 64 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2016/10/03
Invited on: 1969/12/31
Interviewed on: 1969/12/31
Decision Received on: 2016/12/16

Congrats! Did you get any $? I'm assuming so with that GMAT score.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Kudos
I have seen the school giving generous scholarship this year. Few of my friends have got as high as 90% scholarship with scores in range 700-730. So, I'll say put a strong case and do your best at your interviews. It is likely that most of the candidates with 700+ are going to get great scholarship!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday. It was a fun and enjoyable conversation. discussed the typical questions people wrote above but it did not feel like a traditional interview where they shoot questions at you.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi guys,

Anyone got an invite for an informal meet-and-greet gathering?

Thanks
Aarti
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts