Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GRE 1: Q760 V670
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Did anybody else experience problems with the video essay? The "welcome video" is loading but not playing. I have contacted the Kira support and they told me to try a different browser and to disable the ad-blocker. I did both but it is still not working. I am currently based in Afghanistan and have a pretty bad internet connection - but it is good enough for YouTube and Skype, so it should potentially be good enough to complete the video essay.

Has anyone had the same problems? Do you think it is possible to ask the admissions team for an alternative way to submit the essay (via Skype, etc.)?

Best,
M
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VivekD wrote:
abhinoor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone from the second round received an interview call yet?

Regards,

Abhinoor Dhull

Yes. Got it last night. interview in 4 days. Giving me goosebumps.

Awesome! All the best Vivek. Had you finished video essays before you got the call?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Video Essay Pending

Application Submitted on: 2017/01/03
GMAT: 680, Q48, V34
GPA: 3.99
WE: 90 months
Industry: Other
Submited on: 2017/01/03
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is it safe to assume that the practice questions will NOT be potential video essay questions? For those who have taken the video essay questions, do you mind sharing them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
I just submitted my video interview. The questions I received were:

1. What motivates you to work hard
2. Same as on the website
3. Tell us about a time you had to work with someone who you don't get along with. What was the outcome?

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
How important are the video essays? I don't think mine went that well because I wasn't able to clearly explain the last question which was about a failure situation. Plus I think on the last I got cut-off.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi everyone and good luck on your applications!!

I have a crazy question... I applied in R2 for the 1Y program, submitted the application on the 4th of January (deadline) and just finished my video essay yesterday. I sort of changed my mind during this past days and now actually prefer the 2Y program. Do you think it's too crazy if I email the adcom asking if its possible to change it? The application process is the same and they actually have more slots for the 2Y program.

Any ideas? Thanks and best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
HapppyHipppo wrote:
Hi everyone and good luck on your applications!!

I have a crazy question... I applied in R2 for the 1Y program, submitted the application on the 4th of January (deadline) and just finished my video essay yesterday. I sort of changed my mind during this past days and now actually prefer the 2Y program. Do you think it's too crazy if I email the adcom asking if its possible to change it? The application process is the same and they actually have more slots for the 2Y program.

Any ideas? Thanks and best of luck!

of course why not !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
shonikjk wrote:
How important are the video essays? I don't think mine went that well because I wasn't able to clearly explain the last question which was about a failure situation. Plus I think on the last I got cut-off.

Its very important! JK I think messing up 1 question should not be a big deal. Happened to me too with the ice breaker question. I just worded something poorly and fumbled. I feel it was way harder than an actual interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
for those who did their video essay today, did your application status page in the application portal already update with a check mark to indicate that the video essays were completed? Mine still has an "x"
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
mbaboop wrote:
for those who did their video essay today, did your application status page in the application portal already update with a check mark to indicate that the video essays were completed? Mine still has an "x"

I did it yesterday and I think the check mark appeared fairly quickly. Did your receive the email from Kira confirming that the essay was completed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HapppyHipppo wrote:
mbaboop wrote:

I did it yesterday and I think the check mark appeared fairly quickly. Did your receive the email from Kira confirming that the essay was completed?

yes i got the confirmation email but the status page says it has still not been received
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mbaboop wrote:

I did for me after about 15 mins, I was about to send a mail to the adcom to clarify this.

I guess it would have changed for you .. by the time you read this :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shekhar_2017 wrote:
mbaboop wrote:

I did for me after about 15 mins, I was about to send a mail to the adcom to clarify this.

I guess it would have changed for you .. by the time you read this :-)

it just showed up - woohoo!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey
I submitted my application for full time mba (2years) on 4 Jan 2017. I haven't received any communication regarding the interview. I understand it can take upto 6 weeks post the date, but do you think this is a bad sign? Anyone else still awaiting further communication?
-Medha

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MedDob wrote:
Hey
I submitted my application for full time mba (2years) on 4 Jan 2017. I haven't received any communication regarding the interview. I understand it can take upto 6 weeks post the date, but do you think this is a bad sign? Anyone else still awaiting further communication?
-Medha

Posted from my mobile device

You submitted your application on 4th and now is only 11th. They have 1,000+ applications to review and decide who gets interview so just give them time. Don't worry :)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts